What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pride Of The Fed Fleet????????? Nope!!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm pretty sure OP is just here to cause trouble. He's spamming the board with one pointless thread after another, and then causing issues in every thread that gets replied to. Last time he posted before today was 2010.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm pretty sure OP is just here to cause trouble. He's spamming the board with one pointless thread after another, and then causing issues in every thread that gets replied to. Last time he posted before today was 2010.

most likely his forum ban just ended and he wants to get banned again.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    We Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed A Tier 6 Sovereign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

LOL @ WOW NOOB

/inbeforelock
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ProgramS!!! GET YOUR PROGRAMS HERE!!!

Can't tell a targs hole from a WoW hating troll without a program!!!

PROGRAMS!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    oh boy ! programs !

wait .. this is in klingon :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Damn that ferengi!! He swore the galactic standard software was working.....
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Chat wrote:
    I once considered making cakepops in the shape of Tribbles... Then gagged at the idea of how to make the fur.

for shame chef FOR SHAME!!!

spun sugar aka candy floss round a small white chocolate muffin for a itty bitty tribble treat :p

different food colouring for the various different muffin flavours, my kids for example love white chocolate tribble puffs with plain white fur or pink.
    a childs candyfloss maker will set you back £15 and if you have kiddies who happen to be trek fans it pays for itself in a few weeks.

just remember that the muffin must be out of its wrapper and fully cooled before flossing and only a very slight loose fluffy flossing is needed if you turn the muffin on a stick fast enough.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    YOU SAID THE SOV WAS 30 YRS OUT OF DATE , THE EXCEL IS 80 YRS OUT OF DATE AND ITS A PLUS 1 IN STO ,PLEASE GO BACK TO WOW!!

its amazing how your intelligence work my friend, its amazing that you even know how to log in this forum :o
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Aries2507 wrote: »
    for shame chef FOR SHAME!!!

spun sugar aka candy floss round a small white chocolate muffin for a itty bitty tribble treat :p

different food colouring for the various different muffin flavours, my kids for example love white chocolate tribble puffs with plain white fur or pink.
    a childs candyfloss maker will set you back £15 and if you have kiddies who happen to be trek fans it pays for itself in a few weeks.

just remember that the muffin must be out of its wrapper and fully cooled before flossing and only a very slight loose fluffy flossing is needed if you turn the muffin on a stick fast enough.
    See that's the gag worthy part.
    I hate spun sugar.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    IMadRageI wrote:
    its amazing how your intelligence work my friend, its amazing that you even know how to log in this forum :o

Maybe that's why his last login was two years ago...he's been facerolling the keyboard trying to get his credentials to work.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Geko said no. They're making a Vesta instead. And it won't be better than the Odyssey-s.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    What is this WoW you talk about? Where can I find some, and is it tasty?

ps. I support a +1 Sovereign
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    jkstocbr wrote:
    What is this WoW you talk about? Where can I find some, and is it tasty?

It tastes like Orc. But you can find some in Azeroth.
    ps. I support a +1 Sovereign

Geko doesn't support the idea. So you're out of luck.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Why are we still feeding this thoughtless jackanape? Even for a troll he's low grade.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    We Need A Tier 6 Sovereign!! Now! :)

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto

The Sovereign in 37 years old. It's past it's prime.

Period.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the things everyone on these boards is going to hate.

1. Constitution, Miranda, Oberth, NX, Connie Refit, Centaur do not belong in this game. War or no war, they are virtually worthless, EVEN if crafted from "new" materials.

2. The Excelsior should be a starter ship. If any still existed in this time frame, they would likely be Academy ships.

3. The Galaxy class is past it's prime, but it's believeable. At Tier 2 or 3. Same goes for the Defiant, which is just about the same age as the Galaxy.

4. Nova, Akira, Intrepid, Prometheus & Sovereign are the last canon designs we had. These should be Tier 3 and 4. No more.

5. All of the Cryptic designs should be Tier 5. They are the new pride of the fleet. They are the brand new, best of the best, and should pretty much outshine anything previously made.

There. I said it. Frankly, it's time to put these ship debates to rest. 40 years have passed since any of the designs we saw on screen. I understand, people like them. So put them in the lower tiers, where they belong, based on their era of service.

It's time to move on. Its 2409, this is the future of Starfleet. Ships like the Star Cruisers, the Odyssey and the Excalibur. These are the ships of the future.

Stop asking for archaic designs and old rust buckets to be elevated beyond their canon status.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Why are we still feeding this thoughtless jackanape? Even for a troll he's low grade.

Im bored....
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Period.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the things everyone on these boards is going to hate.

>SNIP<

I hate to say it, but you are right.

The problem is that the community of fans surrounding this game want it to be ENT, TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY all rolled up into one. And Cryptic has tried to accomodate to a degree. It's not any of those. It's STO and it is set 30 years after Nemesis, which came after VOY.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I hate to say it, but you are right.

The problem is that the community of fans surrounding this game want it to be ENT, TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY all rolled up into one. And Cryptic has tried to accomodate to a degree. It's not any of those. It's STO and it is set 30 years after Nemesis, which came after VOY.

The thing that bugs me is I don't want to be right.

I like some of these ships. Alot. The Connie, the Connie Refit. The Excelsior. The Miranda.

I grew up on TOS reruns Saturday afternoons, and Star Trek II-VI. (TMP was just a little early for me)

But, the problem is, I totally realize how much this game is being held back, because of the Star Trek Convention / Amusement Park it has become.

When people ask for ships, what are they asking for? More canon ships. More outdated ships, that don't really belong in the game, and if they make it in, they will likely be lower tier than what people want. The Ambassador, the New Orleans, the Sovereign, even the Vesta. These are ships of the past.

It's time for us to be moving forward. There is plenty of canon ships in this game to choose from. For crying out loud, let it go, and let Cryptic get back to the task of imagining the 25th Century, instead of trying to recreate the 24th, 23rd and 22nd Centuries, in a setting where it doesn't even work!

The main reason I get so angry about this is because you have a ship like the Excalibur. Beauty of a ship, a nice homage to the Connie, and it was made in 2409, and yet, we can't see brand new ships like that moved up, because of the ties that are binding it to the past. Because the Connie Refit is tied to it, we won't ever see it's full potential.

And it annoys the living hell out of me.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The thing that bugs me is I don't want to be right.

I like some of these ships. Alot. The Connie, the Connie Refit. The Excelsior. The Miranda.

I grew up on TOS reruns Saturday afternoons, and Star Trek II-VI. (TMP was just a little early for me)

But, the problem is, I totally realize how much this game is being held back, because of the Star Trek Convention / Amusement Park it has become.

When people ask for ships, what are they asking for? More canon ships. More outdated ships, that don't really belong in the game, and if they make it in, they will likely be lower tier than what people want. The Ambassador, the New Orleans, the Sovereign, even the Vesta. These are ships of the past.

It's time for us to be moving forward. There is plenty of canon ships in this game to choose from. For crying out loud, let it go, and let Cryptic get back to the task of imagining the 25th Century, instead of trying to recreate the 24th, 23rd and 22nd Centuries, in a setting where it doesn't even work!

The main reason I get so angry about this is because you have a ship like the Excalibur. Beauty of a ship, a nice homage to the Connie, and it was made in 2409, and yet, we can't see brand new ships like that moved up, because of the ties that are binding it to the past. Because the Connie Refit is tied to it, we won't ever see it's full potential.

And it annoys the living hell out of me.

I mostly agree with that statement...

However, since the Excelsior was able to be sufficiently upgraded to still be a part of the back bone fleets in the dominion wars, wich was more than 80 years after it's launch, it dosen't seem unreasonable that ships like the Sov, Defiant, Galaxy and Intrepid would also be able to be part of back bone fleets in the 25'th century around 30/40 years after their construction.

I can live with ships like thoose being at high end, but other ships, like the excelsior... well...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    I mostly agree with that statement...

However, since the Excelsior was able to be sufficiently upgraded to still be a part of the back bone fleets in the dominion wars, wich was more than 80 years after it's launch, it dosen't seem unreasonable that ships like the Sov, Defiant, Galaxy and Intrepid would also be able to be part of back bone fleets in the 25'th century around 30/40 years after their construction.

I can live with ships like thoose being at high end, but other ships, like the excelsior... well...

Here's the thing...

What I'm saying is we'd be better off if we didn't have ANY familiar (IE canon) ships in game. Instead, we should be looking at more "inspired by" designs like the Excalibur, or true retrofit designs like the Venture.

Canon ships are nothing but a massive burden in this game. Sure, there are plenty of canon reasons for X ship to be in, or Y ship to be Z power / tier. The problem we face is then you have fans of other series that get the shaft, and it creates a nightmare of "which fan faction do we **** off?"

Frankly, if it had been me at the helm, I would have said "no canon ships. PERIOD. New era. New designs, ONLY." You'd see refit variations of ships like the Sovereign, Galaxy, Intrepid, Akira, etc. But no pure canon versions. And you'd see inspired by versions like Excalibur, Venture, Stargazer, etc.

Then, we wouldn't have this massive division in the community between those that want every frickin ship ever seen in any series, for even 2.2 seconds on screen to be added, while others are ready to leave the past behind and move on with the future.

I swear, if I see one more "Ambassador" or "Sovy Refit" thread, I'm just gonna have to burn the building down.

They took my stapler! ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2012

1. Constitution, Miranda, Oberth, NX, Connie Refit, Centaur do not belong in this game. War or no war, they are virtually worthless, EVEN if crafted from "new" materials.

2. The Excelsior should be a starter ship. If any still existed in this time frame, they would likely be Academy ships.

3. The Galaxy class is past it's prime, but it's believeable. At Tier 2 or 3. Same goes for the Defiant, which is just about the same age as the Galaxy.

4. Nova, Akira, Intrepid, Prometheus & Sovereign are the last canon designs we had. These should be Tier 3 and 4. No more.

5. All of the Cryptic designs should be Tier 5. They are the new pride of the fleet. They are the brand new, best of the best, and should pretty much outshine anything previously made.

Stop asking for archaic designs and old rust buckets to be elevated beyond their canon status.

It never appeared credible to me why Starfleet would go back to building all this old designs after all this years. But remember that in the Dominion wars we still see many Miranda and Excelsior class vessels - more then 100 years after their introduction. So at least those two classes would probably still exist if only as transport and supply vessel.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Here's the thing...

What I'm saying is we'd be better off if we didn't have ANY familiar (IE canon) ships in game. Instead, we should be looking at more "inspired by" designs like the Excalibur, or true retrofit designs like the Venture.

Canon ships are nothing but a massive burden in this game. Sure, there are plenty of canon reasons for X ship to be in, or Y ship to be Z power / tier. The problem we face is then you have fans of other series that get the shaft, and it creates a nightmare of "which fan faction do we **** off?"

Frankly, if it had been me at the helm, I would have said "no canon ships. PERIOD. New era. New designs, ONLY." You'd see refit variations of ships like the Sovereign, Galaxy, Intrepid, Akira, etc. But no pure canon versions. And you'd see inspired by versions like Excalibur, Venture, Stargazer, etc.

Then, we wouldn't have this massive division in the community between those that want every frickin ship ever seen in any series, for even 2.2 seconds on screen to be added, while others are ready to leave the past behind and move on with the future.

I swear, if I see one more "Ambassador" or "Sovy Refit" thread, I'm just gonna have to burn the building down.

They took my stapler! ;)

Then that game would have never made it past it's first 3 months... I barely did already
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    szim wrote:
    It never appeared credible to me why Starfleet would go back to building all this old designs after all this years. But remember that in the Dominion wars we still see many Miranda and Excelsior class vessels - more then 100 years after their introduction. So at least those two classes would probably still exist if only as transport and supply vessel.

This is the problem.

Everyone that ever brings this up, assumes that Starfleet was still BUILDING the Excelsior and Miranda up to the Dominion War.

They didn't.

Every Excelsior and Miranda you ever saw from TNG on, were ships that were built in the era of Kirk, Sulu, Harriman and Garrett. "Lost Era" ships that just still happened to be in service (during a time of peace, I might add) when the Dominion War broke out.

And the Mirandas and Excelsiors took MASSIVE losses during the Dominion War.

By the time that DS9 ended, the amount of Mirandas and Excelsiors still in service, would have been negligible. By 2409? I can't imagine any still being in service. At all. They would have been decommissioned long ago, because they are outdated and virtually worthless.

And to an extent, I would say that Ambassadors, and even Galaxy class ships, would be in nearly the same boat. Galaxy classes took heavy damage and loss during the war as well, and with the advent of the Sovereign near the end of the Dominion War, any Galaxy or Ambassador lost, would likely be replaced with a newer ship, rather than an old one. Any old ones left, would likely be refitted.

I just can't see any justification to see relics like the Excelsior, Miranda, Oberth, Ambassador and to an extent, even the Galaxy, Nebula and New Orleans to be in this time period. None at all.

And so obviously, anything older, most definitely doesn't belong.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Then that game would have never made it past it's first 3 months... I barely did already

/shrug

If the game isn't strong enough to bring about a whole new era of Star Trek, with it's own characters, own ships and own stories, then what is the point of having an STO?

So you can relive the past? "Play" TNG, or play DS9, or play TOS, VOY, ENT, etc?

Why wouldn't you just watch the shows, or play any of the number of existing games that do those eras, in a manner that follows canon?

This is what I don't get. People are always saying "STO is bringing us new Trek" but it's a load of TRIBBLE.

What is new?

We're still stuck in the ENT-TOS-TMP-TNG-DS9-VOY eras. Just look around you, look at what we are flying, what we are asking for on forums, what we are doing in Featured Episodes, etc.

Meh. Trek has been dying a slow, painful death for a long long time. This game isn't healing Trek. It's only hastening it's demise.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    /shrug

If the game isn't strong enough to bring about a whole new era of Star Trek, with it's own characters, own ships and own stories, then what is the point of having an STO?

So you can relive the past? "Play" TNG, or play DS9, or play TOS, VOY, ENT, etc?

Why wouldn't you just watch the shows, or play any of the number of existing games that do those eras, in a manner that follows canon?

This is what I don't get. People are always saying "STO is bringing us new Trek" but it's a load of TRIBBLE.

What is new?

We're still stuck in the ENT-TOS-TMP-TNG-DS9-VOY eras. Just look around you, look at what we are flying, what we are asking for on forums, what we are doing in Featured Episodes, etc.

Meh. Trek has been dying a slow, painful death for a long long time. This game isn't healing Trek. It's only hastening it's demise.

I think you are missing my point... I very clearly remember how people expirienced launch... The buggyness was killing peoples enjoyment of the game, and the only reason they stuck around was because they could fly that Iconic ship from the show (true, it wasn't the galaxy, or the defiant or the Intrepid)...

If the game had not had the familiar "faces" of thoose games, it would simply have been over the top... That was what kept people around... Not the name "Star Trek".
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    plz plz let this tread die
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    sorry double post
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Why do we keep getting influxes of ideas on how to make this game something other than an amusement park when it's not even the best amusement park it could be yet?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Why do we keep getting influxes of ideas on how to make this game something other than an amusement park when it's not even the best amusement park it could be yet?

:) We definitely need more things to do.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    jkstocbr wrote:
    :) We definitely need more things to do.

I know...this content drought is kill me!! Its only been a week since the last FE we need something new to do!
This discussion has been closed.