test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Children's Toys Step 3 Bug Compensation

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know I spoke with Software and we will be granting anyone who completed Step 3 of Children's Toys a powered console. I don't have a specific date for when this will happen, and it will just be checking to see if you've completed it, not how many times you've completed it, so doing it more than once would not be a good idea.

I also don't know exactly when the cut off point is, so I would still advise not doing the assignment until the fix goes up.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I only got as far as 1... Poo.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Do we need to tell you if we completed step 3 or will you be able to tell?
  • Options
    edited March 2012

they will have something that goes through and auto do it
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Heretic wrote:
    ...Just wanted to let you know I spoke with Software and we will be granting anyone who completed Step 3 of Children's Toys a powered console. I don't have a specific date for when this will happen, and it will just be checking to see if you've completed it, not how many times you've completed it, so doing it more than once would not be a good idea...
    Heretic, I greatly appreciate the follow-up on this. I've completed CT3/4 and really look forward to getting my missing powered console. Send my thanks also to Software.

Your continued improvement on, and support of, the DOff System is Outstanding!
  • Options
    edited March 2012

No, you don't need to tell us, it should all happen automatically.

In addition to that, Jheinig thinks he found the issue behind the Diplomacy Dilithium issue. There were two - his initially planned hack should take care of half of this, and his additional fix should fix the rest of it. Still some testing to do to confirm, but we are pretty confident we found the issue at last.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Heretic wrote:
    In addition to that, Jheinig thinks he found the issue behind the Diplomacy Dilithium issue. There were two - his initially planned hack should take care of half of this, and his additional fix should fix the rest of it. Still some testing to do to confirm, but we are pretty confident we found the issue at last.

I wasn't affected by this, but it's good to hear this will finally be put to rest (hopefully)!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Heretic wrote:
    No, you don't need to tell us, it should all happen automatically.

The diplomacy fix, will this carry over for the tier 4 Marauding dilithium/missing-token issue too?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Powerhelm wrote: »
    The diplomacy fix, will this carry over for the tier 4 Marauding dilithium/missing-token issue too?
    Aye, Heretic confirmed both here:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=4089199

And further, JHeinig posted about both Lt. Ferra and Lt. S'stass here:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=4089300

:cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Awesome. Thanks, Heretic.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Woohoo, great!:) Let the Mk XII crafting begin.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So just to confirm, the repeatable step 3 for infusing is still broken right?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Well atleast I know I will get a powered artifact at some point to complete this chain :p
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Heretic wrote:
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know I spoke with Software and we will be granting anyone who completed Step 3 of Children's Toys a powered console. I don't have a specific date for when this will happen, and it will just be checking to see if you've completed it, not how many times you've completed it, so doing it more than once would not be a good idea.

I also don't know exactly when the cut off point is, so I would still advise not doing the assignment until the fix goes up.

Thank you-thank you. I'm glad to see the Vulcan spice tea worked ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    This is wonderful news! I had to let assignment four in the chain slip on by because I didn't receive the powered artifact after completing assignment three. Question Heretic, I received and completed assignment one again and have another artifact in my inventory. Does that mean the chain will repeat itself in order and the powered artifact you folks are compensating us will sit in my inventory forever or will the 4th assignment show up again because it knows I have the powered artifact?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    hmm i have the problem that i only get the 4/4 mission and since im missing that item cant complete it. will this be resettet or what is the plan for that.?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Heretic wrote:
    Hey guys,

I had this mission yesterday but I am unsure of what the actual bug being referred to is could someone clarify. I got the mission, assigned my officers and started it but it disappeared from my in progress never to be seen again,.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    if you complete or the 3/4 mission you dont get the powered artefakt you need for the 4/4 mission.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    If the assignment is completed, but I didn't accept the results, will the fix work so that I can accept it to get the reward?

Or do I need to accept the result without the powered artifact for the script to work?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    If the assignment is completed, but I didn't accept the results, will the fix work so that I can accept it to get the reward?

Or do I need to accept the result without the powered artifact for the script to work?

If the assignment is completed but not accepted and you wait until the fix goes through, I believe you should get the console, but I haven't tested that myself.

Alternatively, just complete it, and when the fixup script is run you will get a powered console in your inventory if you completed the assignment at least once.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    one question, ive started 3/4 of children toys and assaigment was a failure, do i need to start over again or start from 3/4?

in the assaigment chain its showing a ticker that i completed 3/4 an that one left is 4/4.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    hrci2907 wrote:
    one question, ive started 3/4 of children toys and assaigment was a failure, do i need to start over again or start from 3/4?

in the assaigment chain its showing a ticker that i completed 3/4 an that one left is 4/4.
    My understanding is that you'll retain your "Completion" status of Toys 3/4. The only reason you (and I and others) can't do Toys of 4/4 is that we weren't awarded the Powered Artifact from Toys 3/4 we were supposed to get. The fix that Team Heretic is implementing will look for those of us who have completed Toys 3/4 and give us that missing Powered Artifact (as well as fix Toys 3/4 for future players who haven't run it yet, of course).

Once you have that, you'll be able to do Toys 4/4 as (what should have been) normal.

For me, it's been real frustrating missing that Powered Artifact, too. I've seen Toys 4/4 on my Shipboard menu at least four times in the last few days. I could not run it though, of course (for lack of Powered Artifact). My anxiety increases as I fear once the fix goes through, and I finally have my Powered Artifact, Toys 4/4 will go MIA, just like my Ghost of the Jem'Hadar 3/10. :o
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I don't see any Powered Artifact in my inventory this morning. Did the fix script not get implemented yet, despite the chain being fixed in the notes?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So it doesnt matter that may assaigment was a failure rather then succsess?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So it doesnt matter that my assaigment was a failure rather then succsess?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    arbelac wrote:
    I don't see any Powered Artifact in my inventory this morning. Did the fix script not get implemented yet, despite the chain being fixed in the notes?

I have the same problem.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Todays patch did not fix this. I still can't do 4/4.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    cant do 4/4 and it bugs me
    mite not the faster fix just removed the need for the powered for 4/4 then no need for a replacement program
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Heretic wrote:
    If the assignment is completed but not accepted and you wait until the fix goes through, I believe you should get the console, but I haven't tested that myself.

I can confirm that this is in fact working, assuming your mission actually succeeds. I started Infuse Artifact with two characters last night before the patch, and one of my characters failed it and didn't get the powered artifact but the other critted the mission and got it.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    i know it had succeed as i am give the 4/4 to do but i have no Artifact.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    i know it had succeed as i am give the 4/4 to do but i have no Artifact.

The mission is offered, but is not doable as the artifact does not exist for those that had 3/4 fail.