test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Engineer's Force Field Dome Not Working Anymore?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Just a quick check.

Force Field Domes are supposed to prevent enemies from coming near you right?

Recently, I have noticed that enemies can walk straight through it. Even the Warriguls can walk right through it to attack.

Is this a bug?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I have noticed that too
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    That sucks. I hope Cryptic fixes this ASAP.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I always thought the Forcefield dome just blocked weaponsfire, it's the covershield that they can't walk through.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    ACES_HIGH wrote: »
    I always thought the Forcefield dome just blocked weaponsfire, it's the covershield that they can't walk through.

Nope, the Dome always blocked enemies from walking through it, and if you popped it when enemies were meleeing you, they'd be forced back.

One of the tactics in Infected ground is to put a dome up in a doorway to prevent the Borg from surrounding your group, as well as pushing back Borg which like to get into melee.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yeah. Too bad it does not work properly now. I have Jem'hadar walk right through it to engage my team in melee.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I think you will find that during the ground revamp the functionality of this skill was changed. It is working as intended.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    It's intended to be broken? Ok...
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Korhil wrote:
    I think you will find that during the ground revamp the functionality of this skill was changed. It is working as intended.
    And how is it supposed to work actually?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    That sucks. I hope Cryptic fixes this ASAP.

Fat chance of that! How many bugs in this game go ignored for months and in some cases, over a year? Plenty!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Still not fixed :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Moved this to 'Gameplay Bugs' so the relevant dev's can see it.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    yep force field doesent blocks things .. not enemeis and also not teh shots... makes it pretty usless
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    This was something that was broken last patch... just like cover shield.

The in game description.

"Force Field Dome creates a fixed position dome at your location. When activated, the dome grants all allies inside bonus damage resistance and pushes enemies outside of the area."

So yes it's broken. There was nothing in the patch notes about this change.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    laggyd wrote: »
    This was something that was broken last patch... just like cover shield.

The in game description.

"Force Field Dome creates a fixed position dome at your location. When activated, the dome grants all allies inside bonus damage resistance and pushes enemies outside of the area."

So yes it's broken. There was nothing in the patch notes about this change.

Also the cover shield apear sometimes (more than not) behind you, so now you don't know where it apear.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yes, I was just saying that it is also broken just like Force field dome :p
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It does indeed seem to be broken but FYI, if you use (used?) it against borg they are able to take it down just as fast as you can put it up, just like your personal and ship shields. resistance is futile. cryptic will be assimilated.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    And here was I thinking it just enhanced personal shields. Did it stop grenades as well? One of my pet hates is when your trying to set up a defensive position all bunched up together and an npc tosses in a grenade. Having your away team running around all over the place is very annoying, but a boss npc, especially on elite can wipe you all out in one go.

Anything else broken that us poor post f2p players have no clue about? Perhaps it's their master plan, ignore all the bugs and hope that eventually the majority of the players will never know otherwise :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Forcefield dome granted additional resistance to allies inside of it and provided a 'repel' to enemies that got near it, similar to the domes that protect the Borg Auto-Defense Turrets in Cure. The repulse was weakened for some reason when Season 4 was pushed out and after the skill revamp, it provides no repulse at all.

Forcefield dome never blocked grenades; something I really wish it did.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Opps, not having played a Engineer yet just tac and sci I was thinking of Shield Generators. Still, something to stop grenades would be very nice.
  • Options
    pystoffersonpystofferson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The tool tip, at least now anyway, only states that it grants a damage resistance buff and that it last 30 seconds. And I was only interested because of that, however, it only seems to last about 5 seconds and then disappears. Looks as if this skill is been broken for quite some time now, and in many different ways.
  • Options
    awolfe59awolfe59 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As of the patch from this past Thursday, the dome works just fine. It repels enemies, and lasts a lot longer than 5 seconds.