test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 24, 2012)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm stuck too - get to 81 - 82% then nothing.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Onnllly 3% more to go! LOL, just kidding. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Oh no... stuck at 96.7%....
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    yea im one of those free to play folks , was thinking about going silver ,great timing ,stuck at 82.9% , but like how does the developers know , i can find no feedback , you would think with the constant patching they would have real time feedback for there paying clients anyway ... sighhh
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    What is the size of this patch. It says 74mb but I have already downloaded more than that and it shows at 85%?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    96.7%... *Sigh*
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Liked the Mode 3 and 4 switch, and the (x / X) update to some Assignment changes.

Are more improvement there in the works? I'd like to recommend some sort of graphic indicator in the rewards list for Assignments for things like unlocking new Assignment types or progressing in an Assignment change. I've noticed some bright gold text giving that information, but it is usually hidden so you have to scroll down and it seems conceptually it should be indicated to the player there with other rewards. Maybe something as simple as a gold colored asterik to refer to that gold text, though a more specifically indicative graphic would probably be better.

EDIT: and the same for the "consumes" display for taking things like Colonists, instead of just the red text.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    galaxcy .,
    98% ,, sooo close and yet so far ,, just a thought folks , I am using widows XP , ??
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    wi11fa11 wrote:
    What is the size of this patch. It says 74mb but I have already downloaded more than that and it shows at 85%?

Patched 529 mb /546 mb
    Recieved 82.6 MB

WTH lol

got to 97% launcher clapped out when i restarted it now says 76 meg

this is not going well and i've now missed 22 minutes of the fed mirror i've been waiting for....
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Whats up with the patch server? Its taking forever to patch...
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    bchempster wrote:
    galaxcy .,
    98% ,, sooo close and yet so far ,, just a thought folks , I am using widows XP , ??

I don't know...... 96.7% still for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    wi11fa11 wrote:

Oh, good it's not just me...
    Same thing, it went real fast until it hit 85%, then it slowed to dial up speed or something...
    After 15 min at 85%, it finally ticked to 85.2...:eek:
    *sigh*
    Hopefully it'll finish while I still have time to play, only have a cple hrs...
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    SatansHell wrote: »
    Whats up with the patch server? Its taking forever to patch...

Ohhh... I have no idea why. I'm stuck at 96.7%.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Aye, the download server seems very slow today. Usually i would be done in under 5-10 minutes (thanks to my 40/40 fiber line), but today it seems like i'm downloading with 14.4 baud modem.

Seriously Cryptic, this should not be happening, gives a bad taste to new F2P peeps.

Edit: stuck at 81,5%. Get a move on Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    This isn't good - looks like won't have time to play tonight - don't get a great deal of 'online time' and have too many other things I need to be doing. :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The patch is broke, everyone is stuck at 96 - 97%. Bet you there's no more STO this day :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    OK, I'm gonna try patching again... I'll let you know if it is successful or it gets stuck at 99.9999%, LOL, Just kidding.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    this does not look good folks ,, its only a few that are all having the same problem , im thinking of reinstalling .. unless anyone has a better idea ,, give it 10 more minutes then ,, ...
    peace
    hemp

that's reinstalling the whole game ,, not the patch , iv spent nearly an hour and a half trying to get the patch to work ,pffff
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    "Updated Cage of Fire so the nav beacon is no longer inside the planet."

Well that's the one thing I wanted fixed.

Given how big the patch is and how many people are trying to download it I'm not surprised it's taking so long. I'm stunned their servers can deal with it as well as they are tbh.

Have some patience.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    OK, it jumped along the patch, seems stuck at 82.2%.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Star-Gazer wrote:
    Aye, the download server seems very slow today. Usually i would be done in under 5-10 minutes (thanks to my 40/40 fiber line), but today it seems like i'm downloading with 14.4 baud modem.

Seriously Cryptic, this should not be happening, gives a bad taste to new F2P peeps.

Edit: stuck at 81,5%. Get a move on Cryptic.

gives me a bad taste after i've already bought 2 VA ships and more with C points in my first month of playing
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    dirtboxffs wrote:
    "Updated Cage of Fire so the nav beacon is no longer inside the planet."

Well that's the one thing I wanted fixed.

Given how big the patch is and how many people are trying to download it I'm not surprised it's taking so long. I'm stunned their servers can deal with it as well as they are tbh.

Have some patience.

nothing special about having a server infrastructure that can handle these kinds of traffic.
    You should have if you want to make monkey with virtual services.

Its not the servers that are broken but the patch itself ( and in extension so is holodeck now)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Think one of my Doff's took the wrong kind of espionage mission. I never said company espionage.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    drysyn wrote:
    gives me a bad taste after i've already bought 2 VA ships and more with C points in my first month of playing

Gives me a bad taste too - was looking forward to giving my new Nova-class refit (Rhode Island type) it's first outing. Won't have time now though.
    :(
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    OK, retrying the patching isn't good, I was stuck at 96.7%, now I'm at like, 78.6% and stuck.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Mine has just finished and is loading
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hmm.... patch is TRIBBLE slow. 30 minutes of downloading to get 50 meg. This is going to put the ETA around 5.5 hours??? WTH?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Bah... Tried to stop and restart the patching, but still stuck at 82,5%

Cryptic, get a move on ASAP Zulu.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    reyan01 wrote:
    Gives me a bad taste too - was looking forward to giving my new Nova-class refit (Rhode Island type) it's first outing. Won't have time now though.
    :(

Yeah... I was looking forward to Colonists not being devices in Exploration missions. And the Team chat bug that happened with me yesterday being fixed.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I cancelled it on one PC and it is stuck, I left it patching on the main PC and it has now gone to the character select screen - don't cancel!!!
This discussion has been closed.