test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Questions about in game GM tickets

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
OK I've had a ticket I submitted in game setting in NEW station for 9 days. Question time::

ARE IN GAME TICKETS EVEN LOOKED AT ANY MORE?

ARE THE CRYPTIC SUPPORT SITES/SYSTEM IN USE ANY MORE?

I'm willing to be patient while things are being transitioned towards PWE infrastructure. Even my patience has it's limits. And Ive very nearly reached it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    fuzun wrote: »
    OK I've had a ticket I submitted in game setting in NEW station for 9 days. Question time::

ARE IN GAME TICKETS EVEN LOOKED AT ANY MORE?

ARE THE CRYPTIC SUPPORT SITES/SYSTEM IN USE ANY MORE?

I'm willing to be patient while things are being transitioned towards PWE infrastructure. Even my patience has it's limits. And Ive very nearly reached it.

Post the ticket number in this thread, it might get seen quicker
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    What is your problem? We may have a solution for you.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    GM tickets get looked at approximately 6 to 8 months after they were initially filed, and usually come with a macro response that has nothing to do with your original issue.

EXAMPLE (this is not a real ticket):

HELP! I materialized inside ESD in the form of my ship, and all of my icons to beam back out are greyed out! I'm stuck in the floor!

RESPONSE (6 months later):

Thank you for playing Star Trek Online. We realize that sometimes, learning to play the game can be challenging, and we're here to help. To equip and use a Large Hypo, click your character sheet and drag the hypo from your inventory window to an available device slot...

(ticket is then closed by GM)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Like a computer, almost all problems can be solved by rebooting. In the above mentioned exaggeration, simply beaming out and beaming back in will fix the problem.

But the best option is:
    • Close the program.
    • Open the launcher
    • Do a "Force Verify"
    • Log back in

If that doesn't work, then come here and post a thread and give us some information beyond "Cryptic sux. The game is broke!" Believe it or not, we cannot not diagnose your problem with that description. Tell us what is going on so we can try to reproduce the problem ourselves or tell you a solution. Some problems have known fixes.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    If your question is ' do tickets get looked at'? Then the answer is yes.
    If your question is 'when' then the answer is how long is a piece of string.
    if the question is 'will it be dealt with'? Then the answer is it depends if it's taken up by one of the few remaining competent people in the company and if they are allowed to get off the c-store conveyor belt of content long enough to fix it.

If it ain't game-breaking and it ain't costing money then it's consigned to the pit of despair.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Zoot2 wrote:
    If your question is ' do tickets get looked at'? Then the answer is yes.
    If your question is 'when' then the answer is how long is a piece of string.
    if the question is 'will it be dealt with'? Then the answer is it depends if it's taken up by one of the few remaining competent people in the company and if they are allowed to get off the c-store conveyor belt of content long enough to fix it.

If it ain't game-breaking and it ain't costing money then it's consigned to the pit of despair.

Sad, but true. Ain't that a kick in the head?

I guarantee you, if the C-Store were to go down, they would pull the plug IMMEDIATELY to fix it.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I would have you read my signature, as it is enlightening in this situation.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    No I'm not going to post my ticket number. It's easy enough to find for PWI/Cryptic support to find it they desired to.

The quote in @Kyuui 's .sig has been enough to push my patience beyond my limit. And I'm gonna let PW/Cryptic have it with both barrels. As I have posted, I know things are in a transition over to PWE.

But know not even monitoring the current Cryptic Ticketing systems is totally inexcusable and irresponsible. NOTHING in the game says that you tickets will be ignored. If PWE/Cryptic doesn't want Cryptic Ticket system used. TURN IT OFF. REMOVE THE FUNCTIONALITY FROM THE GAME.

And REALLY top things off take a look at the Cryptic Support Log in page:

https://support.crypticstudios.com/user/login
    If you are a Cryptic Account user, please head over to the Perfect World Support Page for inquiries.

The underline part is a URL.to this following page with this little tidbit.

https://support.perfectworld.com/
    If you are a Cryptic Account user, please head over to the Cryptic Support Page for inquiries.

The the underlined part goes to (you guessed it) Cryptic's Support Page. Cryptic says to talk to PWE. PWE says talk to Cryptic. Who in the Sto'Vo'Kor (that's not the phrase that I want to use ATM) am I or any user suppose to talk to get my/their issue resolved?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    What is your problem? We may have a solution for you.

I appreciate the offer, but it is something that only Cryptic resolve.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    What's the bug?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    What's the bug?

I don't think it's any specific bug, just bug reporting in general. An update to this sticky would be helpful for us exterminators:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=212990
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The links are there for the handful who do not wish to create a PWE account for support issues. Since you cannot submit a ticket through the PWE system without a PWE account, the separate link for Cryptic Support is provided.

But, as has been stated before, the two systems are in the process of being merged into a single support system.

Also, shouldn't that first quote with the links be "If you are a PWE account user..."?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    All customer support issues, forum issues, in game issues use http://support.crypticstudios.com/startrekonline

TECHNICAL issues you are more than welcome to contact PWE for quicker response as they have the team to handle it quickly. You're more than welcome to do so for CS issues as well, dunno how that'll work out though atm. And of course bug reports and reports about players never will get a response regardless.

Yes, down the line they will both be totally merged I'm sure, but for now it's two separate systems.

If your ticket is sitting at NEW after 9 days, you can edit it and ask for an update :) (I would :p)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Askray wrote: »
    All customer support issues, forum issues, in game issues use http://support.crypticstudios.com/startrekonline

TECHNICAL issues you are more than welcome to contact PWE for quicker response as they have the team to handle it quickly. You're more than welcome to do so for CS issues as well, dunno how that'll work out though atm. And of course bug reports and reports about players never will get a response regardless.

Yes, down the line they will both be totally merged I'm sure, but for now it's two separate systems.

If your ticket is sitting at NEW after 9 days, you can edit it and ask for an update :) (I would :p)

What he said. Largely because I didn't know that only the TS tickets went to the PWE TS crew.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

Excellent info Askray, thank you. I don't need a response from my in-game bug reports, I just wanted to make sure I was posting them in a spot the dev team could see them.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    What's the bug?

It's not a bug (well it may be a bug but...) It's an account issue. The "Science - Console - EMH" has vanished from my C-Store Unlocks. The "Science - Console - EMH" was part of an Atari STO DDE bundle I bought. It disappeared after the Season 5 update to the game. but I didn't notice until I started a new character. Cryptic Ticket # 1261724.

And this is very bad customer support if it takes a yelling in a public form to get an issue even looked at.

And that's not aimed at you Fark. You and the QA team have been doing outstanding from my perspective.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

You highlight my points, Askray. IIf PWE poached of the GMs from Cryptic who is looking at the Cryptic Ticket system? I filed another ticket yesterday asking about my earlier ticket. That's what I'm supposed to, right?

Well there have been almost 9900 new tikcet added to the system since I files my first ticket 11 days ago. How many of those tickets are asking for a GM's help? Help they won't be forthcoming because no one is looking at the the old ticket system. A system which player are continuing to use.

I could go on and on. But if something like situation happened at any company I've worked work, there would be severe repercussions.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

What about the ones at 3+ months that MANY of us have?