test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KA Space De-Teaming Bug

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The other day I noticed after respawning that I apparently was no longer on the team during the Donatra fight in KA Elite.
I couldn't see anybody else for a moment, because I was so far away, it almost made me leave since finishing alone would have been impossible.
Thankfully I wasn't alone, but the entire team had been dismantled.
I could invite them back into the team, except the 2 Klingons who were on there own for the rest of the mission).
A day later I heard someone complain about teh same thing in zone chat which makes it clear to me, this is a KA specific bug, that needs to be looked into.

Not only is it more difficult to complete if the players are not teamed, someone actually hitting teh leave button when tehy are in the same situation as me will suffer the ban and TRIBBLE the mission for the remaining players unintentionally.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    the bug is not just happening in KA Space...its happening in all STF's, I've had it happen in KA ground, Cure Ground, Infected Space. the STF's are getting buggier and buggier with every patch. You have the ground combat bug where you can use any weapons or powers without logging, the no loot for optional completion bug, and now the team dropping bug.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    and what's bad...because these are happening in STF's, a lot of them are not being reported through the ticket system because we are on teams running against a timer for completion.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I concur... ALL STF'S.

This is especailly bad when you have FED and Klingon team up. On my fleet some of our guys have Klingon alts. We are only able to team back up the FED alts or vice versa for the Klingon alts not both.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Wasnt aware, it's all of them, that of course makes things about 6 times worse.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Yep, all of them, I think everyone who does STFs will have come across this. It usually seems to happen if you have taken too long to do the mission.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I wouldn't say it tends to happen if you take too long to do the mission. Almost every STF I do we are in the process of doing the optional and the team gets booted before the optional timer even thinks about ending. Prime example is KA ground, getting booted with 4-6 mins to spare on the optional and it locks the bonus loot to just 1 of the members of the mission.

I can handle a team boot but when you start messing with drops, that's when it gets frustrating.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    This is happening at a good rate on Cure Ground for me and I've seen it in others. It is really damn annoying since I'm usually the only KDF player in the team. The Fed side can potentially team back up but I cannot which impairs my ability to know who's injured and heal accordingly.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    not if we take stf to long.
    we have done KA elite ground optional and we are disbanded from team just after loot droped
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I would like to add that this has just happened to me twice in a row doing The Cure (ground) both times, and both times it made it impossible to continue due to multi-faction team members, team members who don't understand what's going on and abort immediately leaving the rest of us to handle the STF, and then there's the end-of-mission reward that doesn't hand out to the whole team because of this.

I've put it in a bug report as ticket ID #1,267,268

If this is going to be touted as the biggest thing to do for endgame and the only way to get our shiny gear either through the EDC's or other drops, this *needs* to be fixed ASAP. It's already hard enough (and strenuous even) to work for MK XI/XII MACO and etc gear, we don't need to be kicked out of the queue-formed team and have the end rewards not properly distribute because of it as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, on KA, this "team disbanded error" is going to bad. On others it can occur but on KA is nearly a constant.

I think that is a minor bug from last update... but please, correct it.

Thanks to everybody for the fun, sorry for my bad english.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Has any dev acknowledged this bug yet elsewhere?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    We're looking into it. Thought I posted in at least one of the many duplicate threads to that effect. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hey just letting you know it happens on all the STF's.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    LtSmith wrote:
    Hey just letting you know it happens on all the STF's.

I appreciate it! I was just answering the previous poster who was wondering if there was a dev response. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Does anyone know if the team-dropping bugs are at all related to the utterly broken state of STF team text communications, or if those are two wholly-separate issues?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    whitehaven wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the team-dropping bugs are at all related to the utterly broken state of STF team text communications, or if those are two wholly-separate issues?

Probably a separate issue. If you reselect the team channel, you should be able to type in it. That happens on all teams (for me anyways).