Install Arc
Options

Path to F2P Dev Blog #17

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Captain-MD wrote:
    OK. So I transferred my character to Tribble and immediately had enough CXP in Diplomacy to fully rank up since Diplomacy XP carries over. Do I still have to rank up another DOff field (like trade or espionage) to get the unique DOff rewards or was I destined to get them when I got to the max Diplomacy rank on Holodeck?

I'm pretty sure to qualify for the rewards you had to level up from the start, could be mistaken, but...
    I think that's why you weren't able to transfer for a while.
    Check the posts where it announces the rewards, it should say there, a few minutes of searching should answer your questions.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Other than the new ships, the consoles they have, DOffing and the KDF academy what is there to test?
    All the original missions I did on my new KDF toon (named HappyToBePlayingAKlink) seemed fine and ran smoothly.
    Found some minor issues with some console abilities.
    DOffing myself blind
    Otherwise things seem fine to me on the surface so far.

Ok, to be fair and not sound disgruntled. I understand that the great KDF revival has not arrived yet to add missing content and increase the funthreshold of KDF gameplay, but honestly, there is not that much to test and I imagine its being tested.
    I know I've been on almost everyday to try a new console and DOff.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Sorry, it's pretty obvious at this point that You don't care about anything but the Almighty Dollar...

I stopped testing for You about a week ago...

I haven't played on Holodeck in ages and I only go to Tribble to fiddle with the one thing worth bothering with... The DOff System.

Frankly Cryptic, I Don't Give a Damn anymore... since the only kind of feedback You apparently want...

...is just from Blissful-Happy-Campers ignorantly putting up with Your Blatant Attempts to rip them off...
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Ok so 2 things

1 the calander is out of date just thought you might like people to know what your doing for the next month with the game launching again.

Can we get a moth ball area of the forums for those of us who lets face it are going to the stars for a little war and will come back after 6 months when there is something to do and please dont flame me saying there is oh my god so much stuff to do i have done it on holodeck and tribble.

so whats moth ball a fleet & player semi retirement home and a simple way to let others now we are still around but have gone away for a while to fight the good fight in ww3 or maybe on the 3rd battlefield with all the gears of war in motion and the wars in the stars

never hurts to ask
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Oh I just got a crazy idea for a fair compensatory reward for me paying to test for you....

(# testing hours on Fed during F2P beta) * 440 = refined dilithium reward

(# testing hours on Klink during F2P beta) * 440 = refined dilithium reward

Then you directly reward players for the amount of time actually put in. You have already listed you thin one emblem is worth about 440 dilithium.

Some people will get less than the 80,000 simply because they have tested less, some of your more ardent testers will get way more and feel rewarded. The only arbitrary designation here is your 440-1 conversion rate.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Can you up the 80,000 to 100,000 at least?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Captmack wrote:
    Ok so 2 things

1 the calander is out of date just thought you might like people to know what your doing for the next month with the game launching again.

Can we get a moth ball area of the forums for those of us who lets face it are going to the stars for a little war and will come back after 6 months when there is something to do and please dont flame me saying there is oh my god so much stuff to do i have done it on holodeck and tribble.

so whats moth ball a fleet & player semi retirement home and a simple way to let others now we are still around but have gone away for a while to fight the good fight in ww3 or maybe on the 3rd battlefield with all the gears of war in motion and the wars in the stars

never hurts to ask

I wonder how much a Thrustmaster FLCS and TQS is going for? Oh and rudders. Torso twist works really well for me on rudders...

It's a reboot. Pre-Clan so there will be no Fire Moths but I should be able to find an IS 20-40 tonner I like till the return of the Clans ends much of the inter house fighting. PvP centric MMO should be interesting too.

Oh I have my eye on something.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    zordar wrote: »
    So the KDF has been given insufficient content, ships, uniforms and overall dev attention since launch and now Cryptic is getting insufficient KDF feedback on Tribble? That sounds an awfully lot like poetic justice to me.

Z

It's better than that... it shows the head guy is out of touch with his game. Priceless!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Ive tried to transfer my Gorn charector called Talash over although it says its completed it has not transfered him to tribble :( I have included a link to the screen shot of the transfer screen after i clicked transfer http://files.enjin.com/77391/Public/CharTransferScreen.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Non-PR Speak translation of Dev Blog #17:
    Hi, I'm Stephen D’Angelo current EP for STO until they find someone better (and I can finally get back to the REAL job I was hired for here at Cryptic and not the "Game Development" stuff.) Right now all the feedback we're getting is from the same old players who've provided feedback on Tribble builds for two years; but we don't like that feedback - it's very negative overall, and these players obviously hate change.

I case you didn't know, here's a big list of Rewards you can get for testing:

<Reward Listings>

Plus, if you don't want to go through the tutorial again; you can copy more of your Holodeck characters over (We're happy with the Tutorial as it stands anyway and who needs feedback on that as I'm sure it's bug free now.)

Anyway, we figure that you players who don't normally give feedback on Tribble builds might now be enticed enough to copy over a character and tell us how GREAT of a job were doing for F2P. We really want good feedback on how great a job we're actually doing - and the feedback to date hasn't been in that vein - so that's why it's mostly been ignored; as we can't possibly be doing that bad in the F2P transition; it's not us here at Cryptic that's the issue - it's the current crop of ungrateful F2P testers on Tribble.

So please - give us some feedback and positive quotes we can use in future articles interviews and marketing campaigns - because CURRENT word of mouth is killing any real outside gamer enthusiasm for Star Trek Online - Free to Play - and if that wasn't the case do you think I waste an entire Dev Blog begging for more positive F2P feedback?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I have a question of the DOFF rewards; are we only getting one blue, one purple, and one unique purple or can we get multiples of them for leveling up several tiers?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    SatansHell wrote: »
    Cryptic, you have got to be kidding me, 80,000! Is that it? :eek:

Wow, you really do know how to make a bad situation 100 times worse dont you :mad:

I have made a kdf toon, and no I wont be doing any testing with it seeing as my time is worth so very little to you :(

Wow ....... JUST WOW

I'll say this for you Cryptic, you're consistent ....... :(

Each day, I log onto the forums hoping to see SOMETHING.
    Some glimmer of hope in the rising sea of joyless grind, blatant fleecing, unfair treatment and under appreciation to the current player base.
    Instead, I see the screws being turned just a bit more.

One more lost opportunity in the incalculable growing list of lost opportunities, to put a positive spin on the current state of affairs.

This makes me really sad. I had such high hopes.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    The above quote comes from 09-07-2011 in the following thread: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=3743727#post3743727

I quote these words as it feels appropriate to revisit them now. ... What have we lost and had taken away during this transition?

Free VA Ship token on level up (it as a 500 day vet reward doesn't count), 250 emblems from the 500 day vet reward and crafting without a monetary tax attached.

What else?

Love this -
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Armsman wrote: »
    Non-PR Speak translation of Dev Blog #17:

This post really made me laugh...
    Sad thing is...it's probably pretty accurate.
    I see plenty of feedback from Klingons players and even normally Fed players addressing specific issues with the KDF side of things.
    Most have little to no response or even acknowledgement from a Dev regarding those issues that were raised...
    Isn't even negative feedback still considered feedback?
    Isn't that what they what? Feedback on issues that might need correction or change as well as what they like?
    Guess I'm just confused about what they what to hear....:confused:
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Katic wrote: »
    I'm very glad you've upped the Tribble Transfer Limit, now I can see just how much buying power I lose when you update them to the Dilithium Economy and use Conversion rates designed to TRIBBLE me over.

I'm so excited to finally be able to test out the upper-level KDF-exclusive content that doesn't exist rather than the Faction-Neutral Content I've already done dozens and dozens of times.

I cannot express how happy I am that you're giving me a 'pebble' of refined Dilithum large enough to almost buy four Admiral/General level Ship Weapons from the Dilithium Vendor, knowing that hours and hours of my game time doing your QA work for you is worth so little to you truly warms my little heart.

I am nearly euphoric about the way it's apparently absolutely necessary for you to put a bullet in the brain-pan of Fleet Crafting, in spite of the dozens of recommendations in P2F2P DB #14, STO Discussion, General Content Feedback, Tribble Economy Feedback, and nearly every other feedback route that include links to the Dilithium Economy and paths to the C-Store preserving your oh-so-important monetizing of every possible activity in the game.

Eloquent and to the point as always ! I likey
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Before I get to the main blog entry for today, we want you all to know that we have increased the character transfer limit to Tribble from 1 character to 3 characters.

Ok, is there a real "main blog entry" coming or was this reiteration of the awards the main blog entry?!? I`m really confused...
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Hmm.

Port over a Klingon toon and waste EVEN MORE of my time doing grindy, boring, not-fun, tedious, repetitive, unappealing, soul-sucking stuff just so you can validate a slew of unpopular changes to game mechanics?

To this proposition I have a three-word reply:

Last word, subject "yourself."

First word, imperative "Go."

You can probably figure out the verb in the middle.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    LTigh wrote:
    Hmm.

Port over a Klingon toon and waste EVEN MORE of my time doing grindy, boring, not-fun, tedious, repetitive, unappealing, soul-sucking stuff just so you can validate a slew of unpopular changes to game mechanics?

Was it flog?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Was it flog?

I thought it was 'wash'. I suck at these games... :(

Z
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Was it flog?

Meh. I guess if the verb in question suggests the statistical probability of self-inflicted grievous bodily harm, blunt force trauma to the nether regions, or ludicrous levels of public humiliation, sure, why not?
    zordar wrote: »
    I thought it was 'wash'. I suck at these games... :(Z

Well, you still get an "A" for effort.

Unlike whatever mandate the new Conjectural Corporate Communist Chinese Gentlemen Overlords(tm) are trying to invoke through their Dev minions.

It's like they're not even bothering to put up any appearances anymore.

See, it's not the getting fleeced part that rankles my jimmies so much as it is they're thinking that a nice coat of wax on a freshly produced cow-patty somehow makes it more palatable for consumption.

At least make an effort to pretty things up before putting on the lipstick and telling me to grab my ankles.

Seriously, no kiss, no KY?

This is the equivalent of telling Ned Beatty to squeal like a pig before going in dry.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Ya D'angelo..

What content? What is this KDF content you speak of?

KDF has 8 storyline missions.. Thats it 8..
    we have no patrol missions to level with.
    We can run explorations zaone and those missions for the mosrt work right but by now most of the KDF players have given up complaining about them, becuse they're still broken after over a year since the were added to the game, and by now we all know the work arounds. The Bug tickets have been in the system for over a year. There is not real incentive to bother with exploration zones anyway on tribble.

PvP nothing new to test, same wall exploit bugs as on holodeck on certain maps which has not beeen fixed yet.

The Path of the warrior missions are there, but not tied into the PvE cue. They're kinda content...kinda...
    STF's were running STF's.. I am seeing lots and lot and lots of KDF in in STF missions... Is this the "high level content" your talking about? We're there, we're posting bug reports.. we're waiting on the next build. If theres any changes please let us know in the patch notes and we'll check 'em out.

You want us to test KDF content. DUDE.. put it in the game and we will test the TRIBBLE out of it. CRYPTIC could have a full content progression in and working on KDF side, and bug free by mid december if it were here in front of us to test. We would love to do it. God knows we've waiting 2 yeaaars for the content. Any time baby, Lay it on us.

There issues that have been there since KDF was unlocked on tribble that still iare not fixed.

Its like the old comedy routine..
    Your stupid and your going to die"
    I don't belive you and I want a second opining.
    Ok, Your Ugly too!

You could talk to some of the foundry mission makers and see if they would like thier missions turned into official content, credited and everything. You could prolly get by with giving them some C-store points, some extra foundry slots, and put thier name or handle in the opening flyby ****le screen for the mission.

There are several compleate series's of fan made KDF missions out there that could be used. Why dont you talk to these folks? If you don't have the manpower and resources, maybe we can come to some sort of arrangment that benifits everyone.

I want to congradulate you. One paragraph out of you dev blog posting has generated a tremendous response with the most important GAME KILLING BUG clearly reported to you. All things considered I would have call the lack of KDF content a pretty major bug that may ya'll might wanna get on right now. And I suggest you show some real flexibility in solving it. Because if there isn't progress ..serious progress made to redress this issue, its gonna turn around and take your heads freak'n clean off come free to play.

You have a lot of really phenominally smoking angry customers out here Mister D'Angelo, who all things considered find them selves insulted and entirely slighted by you blog posting and the message it conveys, and the inherent insinuation that we could care less about the KDF content and nothing could be further from the truth. What KDF content you have here on tribble works just as well as it does on Holodeck..

Talk to your internal QA team and I ma quite sure they can lay it out for you.

So bring on some content dude. We would love to actually test some content. It would be a unique and novel experience for we KDF players. In stead of hashing the same old unchanging in spite of two years of feed back TRIBBLE.

You post a dev blog and slap your KDF players.. Consider this your slap back.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Bring out the great KDF revival early and we will test it.
    As of right now the content is only ships, DOffing and the Academy that I can tell.
    (And I do like them very much- Thank you.)
    All the older content is the same as it ever was, except for a few new bugs popping up for some players.

I care not for rewards or shinies for testing. The Completed KDF is the reward I look forward too.

18%
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Mission wise this is true what others are saying. We have bringing down the house and the raid the fed shipyards missions which are fun and also the Fek'lhir missions which are also fun but apart from that we are identical to the feds in skills and generally available FE/STF missions. The ships are nice although not having access to our LG ships is again still not nice things to have taken from us.

The Academy does look very pretty but the floating disk above the vendors is something which i still cannot understand the purpose of or can see how it is even supported. I am thinking this is one of your modeling test pieces which got forgotten.

Doff system is superb and is currently seemingly the only way us KDF folk can get BoFF's without dilithium. can we have them back soon please?

Ship wise: The carrier controls are very nice but it would be nice if I could move them out of my general skills area and let them have there own bar on my screen

Consoles: Quad cannons cant really say how they are damage wise but look impressive coming from a Negh'var. Would be nice if they were allowed to be equipped multiple times especially since they are not top tier items.

Orion fighters: Other than being rare and looking different are they any different from To'duj fighters at all?

Power drain platforms: Not sure about pvp but can serious take out various npc groups by themselves

General observation: would be good for a new player to receive a message saying doff system is unlocked after bringing down the house mission when people try to enter the doff interface at creation.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Ok you want feedback on KDF levelling.

I've levelled up a KDF to 51. Hated almost every minute of it.
    Hated might be a strong word. I got extremely bored with it. I've done the 2 KDF missions available on the KDF side (sorry for the understatement in numbers). But honestly, you might as well remove the KDF from the game until you can live up to your promise of a complete KDF faction. Launching it like this will make new players run from the game. But if that is your intent, go ahead put F2P on Holodeck asap. The only thing I looked forward to on Tribble KDF side was to be able to fly Orion ships from the get go to LG1. Well that was impossible. First they weren't even in the game. Then when they were added you charged dollars for them. Yes we got a minuscule stipend to buy from the C-Store with but really, too little too late. Now I'm LG1 and tired of the KDF even more then before. You need to take all those Federation missions that are set against the Klingons and make Klingon versions of them. Like Starbase 24, Doomsday Device and so on. You have the story, you have the art work, you have the maps. You just need to modify them so they would be from the KDFs point of view, which is far more important then changing the crafting system.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Dont tell them to remove KDF from game! They only listen to bad ideas!

I need something for when I am sick of being a federation care bear.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    tsabonayev wrote:

Yeah ... remove KDF content, and we Klingon faction players will storm the castle. (although any excuse will do. ;) )
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    LTigh wrote:
    Hmm.

I'm pretty sure it sounds like Cluck.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I'm still only little more than half way through tier 1 of Marauder, and Military. I'm having very little faith that I'll reach tier 3 before F2P goes live. (Doing mostly 1-2 Day missions).

Meanwhile on my Fed, tier 3 diplomacy knocked out before I even hit VA. Kind of skewed in my opinion. Is diplomacy even being considered one of the DOff reward trees? I mean, it's so easy to come by and farm, it seems kind of absurd and unbalanced for FED vs KDF for time spent and reward.

51 KDF toon from start of beta
    51 FED toon from start of beta
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    tsabonayev wrote:

The only thing I want them to remove is the Dilithium.
    Yeah ... remove KDF content, and we Klingon faction players will storm the castle. (although any excuse will do. ;) )

That was what I wanted to see, a call to arms. ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    ---EDITED---

Sorry, didn't realize I posted this here as well... Guess I must have been ½ asleep.