test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ETA on new content

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I'm a career officer, I don't CARE about the F2P transition ongoing right now. As far as I've paid, there's been a strangulation on new content and the Borg "whatevers" are getting old. When are new episodes coming?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    They added a Gekli.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    This is a really really good questions that deserves an answer. They really need to give us an idea of what the plan is after F2P launches.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I feel like there needs to be some content or something to tie us up a bit the next couple of months until F2P launches. They should patch things like the Klingon Academy and DOff system to holodeck when they are individually ready, withholding content just to wait and launch it all at once doesnt sit well with me in this case.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Crimsonoa wrote: »
    They added a Gekli.

I like you.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    This is a really really good questions that deserves an answer. They really need to give us an idea of what the plan is after F2P launches.

Must it be after? Can they not do anything concurrently? It's been too long since a new episode.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ya so you are making it free for some person I don't know....super. What about the 15 bucks I digitally light on fire each month to fund the other guys free gaming experience.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ya so you are making it free for some person I don't know....super. What about the 15 bucks I digitally light on fire each month to fund the other guys free gaming experience.

I'm not sure what you just said but I just made you signature my Facebook status because it's awesome!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Needs and answer: When will there be new episodes? We want new content....your f2play model is on you, you have unhappy customers now!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Wow two threads?

The correct term is "Unhappy customer," Stop speaking for others. Following the herd is not the same as speaking for them (like a follower could....), You are one, regardless of the few others you seem to agree with.

And no I don't see a Consensus amongst the players when only a small percentage of people who complain anyways, complain now. Heck I'd be happy if even one "wise: poster showed some experience with a system they are criticizing, It would go a long way.....
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I thought the whole purpose of the foundry was to allow Cryptic to cherry pick episodes they thought were good and incorporate them into the game.

More to the point, why isn't there a team of people just cranking out missions.

Well.... now that I think about it, its probably because the majority of dev time is spent on adding ships to the C-store.

But I digress, general project mismanagement aside, I think there should of been at least a small team of people who could crank out some missions, i mean there is plenty of resource material, If i worked at Cryptic, I would of plopped down 6 people, given them the DVD box sets, novels, tech manuals, and said "Crank me out some episodes."

Even if they tuned out missions at one or two a month there would be 7 to 14 new episodes in the game over the last 7 months. This content drought could have been lessened and even avoided if something small like that was done. No major featured episodes, just a series of bottle episodes would of sufficed.

-
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    "Soon."

Which is Cryptic for "after F2P comes out and we sacrifice the entire current playerbase and after we've added every single costume, non-combat pet, walk/run/talk animation and bridge pack that you can think of."
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    This game is so starving for content and new missions.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Yes it is, Yes it does and I doubt that will happen
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    genxcraig wrote: »
    LOL PvE. Suffer forever suckers, serves you right.

um, like there has been any new PVP stuff since launch?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    um, like there has been any new PVP stuff since launch?

I think that was his point. He thinks that since PvP players have suffered than PvE players deserve to suffer as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think that was his point. He thinks that since PvP players have suffered than PvE players deserve to suffer as well.

Well let's reassure him, everyone has suffered from cryptics lack of ability to do much with their game in almost 2 years.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    And one of the reasons there has been so little of anything substantive is because of the incessant demands for everything else insubstantive. Wahhhh my running light is missing! Waaaaaah my belt isn't black enough! Waaaaaah my v-neck isn't low cut enough! Waaaaaah my v-neck is cut to low! Waaaaah, I can't go naked! Waaaaah I can't go snow skiiing!

Why is the gekli introduced to the c-store? Because there was a demand for it over and above substantive content! You all brought this about on yourselves.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    And one of the reasons there has been so little of anything substantive is because of the incessant demands for everything else insubstantive. Wahhhh my running light is missing! Waaaaaah my belt isn't black enough! Waaaaaah my v-neck isn't low cut enough! Waaaaaah my v-neck is cut to low! Waaaaah, I can't go naked! Waaaaah I can't go snow skiiing!

Why is the gekli introduced to the c-store? Because there was a demand for it over and above substantive content! You all brought this about on yourselves.

The people who actually make missions and the like are not the same people who model/texture. Different people do different things.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

If that's what you want to think, ain't nobody here is going to convince you otherwise. Have a good time with that.

But reality says differently. :o
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The people who actually make missions and the like are not the same people who model/texture. Different people do different things.

Ok, if there are are people who actually make missions and the like... where is this stuff, what are these people doing?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    maina wrote: »
    Wow two threads?

The correct term is "Unhappy customer," Stop speaking for others. Following the herd is not the same as speaking for them (like a follower could....), You are one, regardless of the few others you seem to agree with.

And no I don't see a Consensus amongst the players when only a small percentage of people who complain anyways, complain now. Heck I'd be happy if even one "wise: poster showed some experience with a system they are criticizing, It would go a long way.....

lolumadbro?
  • Options
    edited October 2011

^^So true.

We don't need new content we can now sit in chairs.;)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    joebobkill wrote: »
    Ok, if there are are people who actually make missions and the like... where is this stuff, what are these people doing?

Probably going back and updating every episode in the game so that it now scales to the player level (see Tribble).
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Probably going back and updating every episode in the game so that it now scales to the player level (see Tribble).

It's also been mentioned by dstahl before he left and, I think, by Stormshade that the content team -- writers and artists -- are gearing up for a presumably major release of content when the game goes F2P. It caused a bit of unhappiness when it was announced.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very soon™.... as usual
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    havam wrote:
    very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very soon™.... as usual

LOL what he said
    I find this sums up every promise of new content we ever received from Cryptic since BETA. Its a shame really, the player base, while vocal, has been very loyal and keeps hoping the game does well. But how long does Cryptic think they can continue to NOT fix major issues with the game but roll out changes that themselves are not well thought out?

Players are fickle beasts and i fear one day that the server pop with be almost non existent.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    V-Mink wrote:
    It's also been mentioned by dstahl before he left and, I think, by Stormshade that the content team -- writers and artists -- are gearing up for a presumably major release of content when the game goes F2P. It caused a bit of unhappiness when it was announced.

I've adopted the I'll believe it when I see it stance. My previous post is simply explaining what the content people are currently doing in regards to F2P.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I've adopted the I'll believe it when I see it stance. My previous post is simply explaining what the content people are currently doing in regards to F2P.

As have I. I believe Stormshade when he says they hired new folks, but as to actually seeing new content, I'll say it's there when its there. Especially when, beyond the changes being put in for the F2P transition, we really don't know what content (do we really need to establish a definition for this word?) is coming out with the release.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    if you ask me it'll be at least one more week, more likely 2 weeks. they r still making new features for the doff system.