test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

700 Day Reward Ideas.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited October 2011 in The Academy
I was thinking something along the lines of a Purple Doff. Maybe do it token style so you can purchase the specific type of Doff you want.

200-400 C-Points?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I was thinking something along the lines of a Purple Doff. Maybe do it token style so you can purchase the specific type of Doff you want.

200-400 C-Points?

Rumor has it the 500 day vet reward they stole in middle of night will turn into a doff. No clue if it be purple. But that was post a long time ago.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Here is what i expect:

700 Day Vet Reward:

[insert long-term player] Title

50% off VA C-Store ship
    50% off Respec Token
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Personally, my hopes:

[important-sounding title]
    New Costume Piece FED (belt?)
    New Costume Piece KDF (addition to fancy shoulders, possibly longcoat?)
    Vanity Object/Device (Tribble, Technobabble Item, Gimmick Ship Item/Device?)

Not all that much, really, but it feels realistic to me based on past Vet Rewards.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    My opinion is liberated borg race and a couple of ship interiors like a Borgified Starfleet and Klingon ship interior as well as some more reasonable ones. If a person pays more than a lifer in subscriptions, then they should get a liberated borg captain. My main is a liberated borg captain created on launch day, I just don't use the blue title. So my reasoning is for other people to get it since the primary incentive to becoming a lifer will be gone shortly.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Try not to get hyped about. It will probably just be a tribble.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    How about they give us back what they are taking from us in the move to F2P ....
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    psytce wrote: »
    How about they give us back what they are taking from us in the move to F2P ....

Too much of an exploit given the economy they are going for. I could in theory earn an infinite amount of C-Points by creating characters, trade the Dilithium on my character to Cryptic Points, then delete character and repeat the process. The Dilithium to Cryptic Points economy would have to make it some outrageous value like 50,000,000 Dilithium to 1000 Cryptic Points so Cryptic Points aren't bought cheap. There is also the problem that in such an economy, Silver Members and some Gold Members are screwed since they have no way to abuse the system like people that have the 500 day reward.

Some of Cryptic's controversial ideas are beneficial in the long run since it prevents other problems from occurring.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    starkaos wrote: »
    Too much of an exploit given the economy they are going for. I could in theory earn an infinite amount of C-Points by creating characters, trade the Dilithium on my character to Cryptic Points, then delete character and repeat the process. The Dilithium to Cryptic Points economy would have to make it some outrageous value like 50,000,000 Dilithium to 1000 Cryptic Points so Cryptic Points aren't bought cheap. There is also the problem that in such an economy, Silver Members and some Gold Members are screwed since they have no way to abuse the system like people that have the 500 day reward.

Some of Cryptic's controversial ideas are beneficial in the long run since it prevents other problems from occurring.

That is a brilliant analysis.

I like the idea of them giving a ship token here (and at 500 days to replace the lost emblems) usable against any cstore ship.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Guess it will be mostly lifers that hit 700 days (and with f2p likely ever will hit), so beside the usual stuff, I'm for an efficient liberated borg doff, so that our captain doesn't feel so alone...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    My opinion is liberated borg race and a couple of ship interiors like a Borgified Starfleet and Klingon ship interior as well as some more reasonable ones. If a person pays more than a lifer in subscriptions, then they should get a liberated borg captain. My main is a liberated borg captain created on launch day, I just don't use the blue title. So my reasoning is for other people to get it since the primary incentive to becoming a lifer will be gone shortly.

I find myself in agreement with this. I can see how some may disagree with the liberated Borg as a reward, but being subbed 700+ days, in my opinion, would be well worth receiving the race as a Vetran reward.

Even the Borgified interiors sound good. I k now these would take a while to put together, but would be awesome to have.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Here is what i expect:

700 Day Vet Reward:

50% off VA C-Store ship
    50% off Respec Token

that would be kewl :)

I would suggest 2 BO slots for all chars

since there are sooo much BOs out there and I need slots to try stuff and
    to have different people on space and ground.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Impressive Title

FREE Respec Token

20% Off Dilithium Store Cost.

That would be Nice
  • Options
    edited October 2011

They can easily gate any Dilithium Reward. Gate it with level AND time. But even that may not be enough in the eyes of the bean counters.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Sheer dollar amounts do not equate the lifer investment, but at a simple level time value of money is a big part of this equation. Sorry, it just irritates me when people compare 1:1 the expenditure of 300+ dollars all at once to a 12 dollar a month payment. Its just not the same, for a lot of reasons. I don't mind the discussion about finding ways for long term paying customers to get this item, I am just weary of a comparison that is not legitimate, though might seem that way on the surface.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Sheer dollar amounts do not equate the lifer investment, but at a simple level time value of money is a big part of this equation. Sorry, it just irritates me when people compare 1:1 the expenditure of 300+ dollars all at once to a 12 dollar a month payment. Its just not the same, for a lot of reasons. I don't mind the discussion about finding ways for long term paying customers to get this item, I am just weary of a comparison that is not legitimate, though might seem that way on the surface.

700 days equals $350 for subscription assuming they don't go for a deal. The older the vet reward, the less sway your argument has. I haven't seen any statement saying that a subscriber for X months has contributed more to the game's finances than a lifer or vice versa. So without that statement, then $300 from a lifer is the same as $300 from a subber. I suspect that the 700 day to 1000 day vet reward will have the liberated borg.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

200-400 C-Points?

And for players that don't intend to use this completely ancillary DOff system?
    We're already going to be getting a monthly stipend. Adding another one to the 700 day Vet Reward would be kind of a cheesy thing to do.

Here is what i expect:

700 Day Vet Reward:

50% off VA C-Store ship
    50% off Respec Token

So, 50% off something we previously got for free and 50% off something we used to be able to get for Merits/Honor? Would this be a permanent or one time only discount?
    Jexsam wrote: »
    Personally, my hopes:

[important-sounding title]
    New Costume Piece FED (belt?)
    New Costume Piece KDF (addition to fancy shoulders, possibly longcoat?)
    Vanity Object/Device (Tribble, Technobabble Item, Gimmick Ship Item/Device?)

Not all that much, really, but it feels realistic to me based on past Vet Rewards.

This seems more likely. Although I doubt they would make a Longcoat that would work with the Shoulders and Cape, being Cryptic hates clipping so much that they delete perfectly good skeletal frames because of it. And a belt? Really, a belt? I hope it's something more than just a friggin belt. I mean, really they haven't even fixed the crappy work they did on the WoK belt they added when they "fixed" the WoK uniforms.

I hope they add an entire new uniform set for both Feds and Klingons. Something more rustic and battle worn for Feds and something more modern and shiny for Klingons. There's no rule that says all KDF uniforms must look like they are dirty and all Fed uniforms must be sparkly clean. So, mix it up a bit already.

:cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    So, 50% off something we previously got for free and 50% off something we used to be able to get for Merits/Honor? Would this be a permanent or one time only discount?

One-time only.

That's what I expect based on Cryptic's previous, current, and planned actions.

They are pointing in the pay more for less direction.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    And a belt? Really, a belt

:cool:

Well, I suppose you could say I was shooting low so as to avoid disappointment. But there was also some logic to it. Of the costume parts for Feds released with Vet rewards thus far, we've gotten a combadge, two jackets, and a material option. This leaves pants, shoes, gloves and belts. And of those four, belt seemed most likely. Special pants, by itself, would just be silly.

You want my optimistic wish? I'd love to see shiny material options for the base uniforms, and a new gold option for the Jupiter series as the 700-day vet reward for Feds, plus the belt.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I find myself in agreement with this. I can see how some may disagree with the liberated Borg as a reward, but being subbed 700+ days, in my opinion, would be well worth receiving the race as a Vetran reward.

Even the Borgified interiors sound good. I k now these would take a while to put together, but would be awesome to have.

Might as well throw the borg stuff to non lifers...hell theres nothing else we can lose anymore.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    My opinion is liberated borg race and a couple of ship interiors like a Borgified Starfleet and Klingon ship interior as well as some more reasonable ones. If a person pays more than a lifer in subscriptions, then they should get a liberated borg captain.

So lifetimers will get... nothing? They already have the liberated Borg, it would be a bit unfair to give them away as a veteran reward since it would dimish the "reward" for a faction of the playerbase.

/no for that idea.

I for my part would like to see an holoemitter (D'deridex/Keldon/Jem'Hadar Warship...) along with 1-2 BO-Slots and maybe an DOFF Rooster Increase of +5 or +10.

Oh. and...
    700 days equals $350 for subscription assuming they don't go for a deal. The older the vet reward, the less sway your argument has. I haven't seen any statement saying that a subscriber for X months has contributed more to the game's finances than a lifer or vice versa. So without that statement, then $300 from a lifer is the same as $300 from a subber. I suspect that the 700 day to 1000 day vet reward will have the liberated borg.

One reason for example:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break-even_%28economics%29
    Simple economics, with lifetimers the break even point is reched within a shorter timespan.
    My guess of the 300$ Lifetime vs. Subscriber Ratio is somewhat 1:0.7-0.6.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think we'll get a respec token, Uniform of some sort (I'd like to see KDF and Starfleet uniform hybrids), and a new title,

What I'd like:
    A unique Doff Officer made ONLY for 700 day members.

I think most of the STO pre-order promotions are over, give each 700 member one of those items for free.

New options for the Captain's Yacht (new console slots, skins, weapons, and more).

Give those with 700 days early access to upcoming ships and other items.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The RESPECK Token is a nice thing.

Costume Piece is always tied to Dev and Artist Time. Has Cryptic this Time to spare? I doubt it

See at the CO Rewards page, there is always a hint what it could be.

Ild would wish a discount on Ingame Vendor Stores, that would be something realy nice.

The 700 Day Doff would also be a very nice thing, and with the Doff System in the works it would not consume to many resurses
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    i expect some Underwear to go with my new Socks from the 600 day reward. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Title: The Undeterred

Item: Decrypted Data Recorder (Like the Spock-thing, only this one contains a cover track of Take That's "Back For Good", sung a capella by the entire Cryptic staff.)

or

Item: Stress Tribble (Therapeutic bright red Tribble that makes soothing sounds when you squeeze it and when used as such gives +5 DXP once per day to Feds, or +100 Marauder XP andr a Tribble carcass for the KDF, as they probably squeeze harder.)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    700 day reward-

Free VA ship token
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Valenn wrote: »
    So lifetimers will get... nothing? They already have the liberated Borg, it would be a bit unfair to give them away as a veteran reward since it would dimish the "reward" for a faction of the playerbase.

/no for that idea.

How many people would actually get the 700 day vet reward or any future vet reward besides lifers? Or how many potential lifers there will be in the future? Therefore, the amount of people that will gain a liberated borg captain will be almost non-existent if it hasn't happened already. The amount of people that qualify for those rewards will be much lower than the amount of lifers IMO. After all, why subscribe to the game when you can play it for free with some minor restrictions where most of them can be solved through using the C-Store. Besides having it as a vet reward means that the argument for it being on the C-Store is no longer possible. After all, if you knew that the game would go F2P before you "paid off" the lifetime subscription, would you buy a lifetime subscription? I would seriously give a 2nd thought to it, but I have already "paid off" my lifetime subscription.

Oh. and...

One reason for example:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break-even_%28economics%29
    Simple economics, with lifetimers the break even point is reched within a shorter timespan.
    My guess of the 300$ Lifetime vs. Subscriber Ratio is somewhat 1:0.7-0.6.

My previous quote was asking for that so according to your ratio, then the amount of money a subscriber has to pay is $428 to $500. Which can be accomplished in about 860 days to 1250 days based on which deal and ratio is used. Personally, I think the ratio is 1:0.9-0.8, but that is something only valuable to Cryptic.

However, you can't deny the simple fact that the longer we wait, then the more your reasoning has less of an effect.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    How about a perm unlock of all VA ships in the C-store? Or a token on each toon.

This could also be added as the 500 day reward to replace the emblems that were taken away.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    About the whole giving LTS stuff away... I'm not much against losing the exclusivity on the LTS Borg race, either to the C-store or veteran awards - beyond the fact that I don't play a Borg myself because I feel they should be a rarer sight than they actually are, and for the same reason would prefer not to see any more cybernetics around than I already do. In an of itself, not enough of an argument to really base an objection on.

But the whole issue with people crying foul when others are given something they'd obtained in another way, and them not getting anything for the same 'achievement' in return, could be solved if Cryptic were to switch to the veteran award systems used previously by Star Wars Galaxies, or Age of Conan.

In SWG, upon reaching a veteran milestone, you were allowed to choose from multiple rewards. With higher tiers of veteran status, more options unlocked, but unclaimed past options remained in the list.

In AoC last I saw, you accumulate points over time, and can spend those points in a veteran store of sorts on something cheap the moment you get them, or hang onto them to get something more exclusive at a later date.

In both these systems, using unique subscription, recruitment or preorder unlocks is possible, without effectively giving the people who already have that unlock by merit of past (trans)actions one less prize for their loyalty to the game than their friends.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Might as well throw the borg stuff to non lifers...hell theres nothing else we can lose anymore.

What I'm getting at is if non-lifers have been subbed for the mentioned length of time, it outta be worth something to them for being with the game that long. Give players the incenitive to want to sub and support the game.

Not saying to throw it away at the low day rewards, but keep it at the higher end where time subbed would be equal to that of a LTS sub price. In the case of the LTS subs, be nice if, in turn, we received the option to run Borg toons on the rest of the races, not just Human and Klingon and open up Human and Klingon for the 700 day non-LTS subs
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    What I'm getting at is if non-lifers have been subbed for the mentioned length of time, it outta be worth something to them for being with the game that long. Give players the incenitive to want to sub and support the game.

Not saying to throw it away at the low day rewards, but keep it at the higher end where time subbed would be equal to that of a LTS sub price. In the case of the LTS subs, be nice if, in turn, we received the option to run Borg toons on the rest of the races, not just Human and Klingon and open up Human and Klingon for the 700 day non-LTS subs

I like the idea of opening up the Liberated Borg to more races. I'd sure like to have a Liberated Borg Gorn or Andorian. Great idea Z! [= I would happily give up Liberated Borg Human and Klingon as a lifetime exclusive as a Vet reward to those who have subbed for 700 days in order to gain the abilitey to have more Liberated Borg races for the Lifetime subscribers.