Install Arc
Options

Episodes

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I just had a thought about the Episode Progression, which changes my whole out look.

Currently, on Holodeck "Hide and Seek' and 'Stop the Signal' are Lieutenant level missions. So if you were to do 'Hide and Seek' then go off and do some Exploration or maybe PvP and came back as a Lieutenant Commander and went to play 'Stop the Signal' it would give you useless gear and not a lot of XP, making it pretty much pointless to play.

But over on Tribble, this is not so. If you played 'Hide and Seek' at Lieutenant, did some Exploration, PvP, maybe an Event, and came back as a Lieutenant Commander to play 'Stop the Signal' the enemies and the loot, eventually, will match your level.

So what they have done is removed the Storyline, which is what it is, from a players level progression. You can now do what you want when you want. Sure you have to play the Storyline in order, but you have to do that with the FE's on their first play through.

People have pointed out that it 'forces' you to follow the story. Which is true, but you also now have the ability to play choose what to play and when to play it.

It wouldn't be so bad if say you unlock the new area still.

Like at a certain level you unlock Romulan area. Now you start with mission 1 there. However if you want to go back to fight Klingons, then you have to do those missions in order. Most people aren't against the do mission a then mission b then mission c of each area. It's the faction b not unlocked until you complete all of faction a that is the problem.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Like at a certain level you unlock Romulan area. Now you start with mission 1 there. However if you want to go back to fight Klingons, then you have to do those missions in order. Most people aren't against the do mission a then mission b then mission c of each area. It's the faction b not unlocked until you complete all of faction a that is the problem.

Fair enough.

You could also look at it like the Featured Series, where you have to complete Episode A to get to Episode B. In which case, you could look at the storyline as one big Featured Series. Though, it could be argued that each Faction should be handled as its own Storyline. And if the Introduction episode was open for each one from the beginning, you could choose which Storyline to play and when.

I wonder what the feasibility of that would be.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So for example if stranded in space bugs and cannot be completed, you are ok with just grinding with exploration and patrol missions? Because that's all that is available to you at that time, unlike on holodeck where you can go on to the next step in the storyline and come back to stranded once they fix it.

I can't wait until the first time stranded in space gets bugged... because with the current set up, I would lay very good money on it happening soon. Murphy's Law is VERY reliable. The uproar will be deafening.

Edit: I suggest pulling the FEs out of the story arcs and leaving them as they are on holodeck, available from LT6 and up. That way when one of these story missions bugs... and they will, players will still have something to do that isn't just patrol and exploration missions.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

im thinking the same as you here.
    im between that or unlocking the entire area with all missions at a certain level, for the player to chose from.