What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic_J-Man

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Congratulations Jeremy. I never enjoyed a job so much as when I was a dev.

Unfortunately, the community section of STOked hasn't been my favorite of segments, but it's easy enough to just skip past. I'll miss the banter between you two - there was a good chemistry.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Believe it or not J-Man's walking on air! :D Congrats! Who's going to be the smart one on Stoked now? :eek: Just Kidding!!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Congrats J-Man! Getting the GFer to move out with you or what?

As I've mentioned I'm local to the bay area, we should grab a drink sometime, rehash the PAX good times.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Congrats J-Man! Getting the GFer to move out with you or what?

As I've mentioned I'm local to the bay area, we should grab a drink sometime, rehash the PAX good times.

HAHA hey rogue can I come to lol. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Drkaczs wrote: »
    HAHA hey rogue can I come to lol. :D

Haha heck yeah!!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I feel bad for chris lol, wish he had moved with you or something so you guys could at least stick together. For me personally it is a bit the end of STOked. You'll forgive me if i think the jupiter force members could never live up to what we have seen so far.

Overall, its a significant change in your life im sure Jeremy, and hopefully a positive one, im sure. But for me its a dark day, and i never imagined it would hit me as hard as it did. Every single time i watched STOked, no matter how my feelings were for the lack of content, or chaotic state of the forums/community. You made me get on STO and at least do a couple of missions.

... meh, i feel like Picard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBz_5zDqIho skip to 2:04 :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Congrats :)

Now, dont forget to bring your own cup... (and hide it from stormshade....)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Congrats on the new carreer.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Congratulations.

Remember, if we find any more imbalances and bugs now, we'll assume it was you.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I was randomly browsing the Jupiter Broadcasting Backstage channel on YouTube, don't ask me why I decided to today, but for whatever reason I did and watched the announcment.
    ( http://www.youtube.com/user/jupiterbackstage#p/u/0/wi3G71Qea_A )
    Boy did I have mixed feelings. One I am sad to see Jeremy leaving STOked and a little nervous about the future of my favorite podcast. On the other hand, I am so excited to know that Jeremy is going to be fulfilling his life long ambition of becoming a game designer AND on a game that he so dearly loves.

I am one of those STO and STOKed fans that just sits back and enjoys the game, browsing the STO forums for the daily Dev posts waiting to hear a tidbit of what I might expect next from my favorite game and eagerly awaits the Tuesday releases of STOked. I have never been able to sit down on Saturday and watch the live tapings, I just always feel like its cheating! Haha.

Anyway, I felt compelled to express my most sincere congratulations to Jeremy. To Chris, boy you have a huge void to fill with Jeremy beaming out. I know that Jupiter Force has your back, but I'm not sure it will be the same. The dynamic that the two of you have is fantastic and will be something difficult to replace.

I leave you with this quote:

Data: "I hate this! It is revolting!"
    Guinan: "More?"
    Data: "Please"

One quick question, what will become of the Mmorgue? I assume Jeremy will also be discontinuing that show as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    While I'm a bit dissappointed to hear you're leaving STOked & Jupiter Broadcasting, I'd be more dissappointed to hear if you didn't accept the chance to contribute to a game we all know you love & support. Change, while it can be uncomfortable, at times leads to far better things. This is certainly one of those times.

Congrats on the new position as an STO Dev. I look forward to seeing your contributions to the game and, possibly in the future, your continued thoughts on STO & the MMO industry in general. You've certainly earned my support.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Costigan wrote:
    One quick question, what will become of the Mmorgue? I assume Jeremy will also be discontinuing that show as well.
    Yep, he said that in the livestream - too much of a conflict of interests, both for the stated mission of the MMORGUE and for Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Costigan wrote:

MMoruge has I believe two more episodes but it will be ending as well. Since it would be a conflict of interested to have editorial show about industry he is currently working in. This was menition during the live stream.

Per Jeremy on Twitter

I don't have answers to everything I'm being asked, but I can answer this one: MMOrgue will end after 2 more episodes (LoL and SWG)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Congratz, J-Man. Hope you do well in your new job.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Congratulations on the opportunity. Have fun, work hard and learn alot.

If I was you in this situation I would:

- Ask whoever needs asking if I am allowed forum-***** on my free time, even if I'm just replying socially to people's forum posts. Because while we are a very over-indulged community when it comes to interaction, we do get very self-righteous when interaction is at a low point - I still think there is no such thing as too much interaction - consequences of such be damned!

- Enquire if I can bring in all my ST related TRIBBLE to my Cryptic desk.

- Find a very subtle way to introduce an item or a piece of text, imagery or texture somewhere into the game with my name or person I like's name.

- After my work is completed, get very involved in helping out around the company on other people's tasks to gain more experience in other areas - even if I'm proof-reading or doing dull copy/paste jobs on assets etc

- At every opportunity, argue for revamping and adding assets and features to the game/foundry - be my own voice but also that of the players (ala Stormshade)

- Explain to everyone at work that I can be very annoying and that they should just tell me to shut up and go away at times... LOL

good luck at this opportunity, again and try always remember where you came from!

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Well, anyone want to do up Borticus with a Cryptic Pirate hat and holding a cup o'pup? For his proper cryptic avatar, that is.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Congratulations.

Remember, if we find any more imbalances and bugs now, we'll assume it was you.

Yes Borticus....we will be watching...closely. And bring your own cup,we don't want the release of new content be delayed again just so you could have your coffee in the morning.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I only can hold out hope that now he might believe that women exist i the game now *pokes* ;)

Also - I am asking Cryptic - as both a fan and player that Jeremy's hazing begin with upgrading the visuals on the Bajoran Temple. My orbs need work.

;)

Congrats again Jeremy! If you hear Obisek around - tell him I said hi.

<3 Terilynn
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Being the MATHed guy and being hired as a systems guy, I imagine his first project will be balancing the dilithium economy.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    TerilynnS wrote: »
    IAlso - I am asking Cryptic - as both a fan and player that Jeremy's hazing begin with upgrading the visuals on the Bajoran Temple. My orbs need work.

Now THAT is funny!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    It would hurt the show's impartiality to have a host who is a part of the team.
    Are you serious? Impartiality? The show is one long STO commercial. It isn't impartial AT ALL.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    As most others have said - Congratulations, J-Man! I'm more than a little jealous of this great opportunity....make the most of it!

I will miss your presence on STOked...you and Chris work great together, and your podcasts were very instrumental in getting me to sticking with this game. I'll continue to follow STOked, and I'm sure the quality will continue to be great, but I will miss getting mathed every now and then.....;)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    TerilynnS wrote: »
    My orbs need work.

This statement BEGS for a response...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Borticus wrote: »
    This statement BEGS for a response...

Yeah I am sure there's a service for that on Craigslist.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    :confused::confused:I have only played this game for almost 2 months so who is J-Man and what is Stoked?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Maybe J-Man will deliver the next Engineering report.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Summit wrote: »
    what position did he get?

I think they said he's going to be Gokko's assistant - the running joke on the TTS channel is that means he'll be fetching Gekko's coffee for a few weeks. ;)

Anyway, congratulations. I hope it works out well for all involved; and I hope we'll see some Cryptic_J-Man Dev posts in the Dev tracker in a short time.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    For those of you who love STOked...just remember its not going away...it will be back with a new format on Nov 1 with the members of the Jupiter Force Fleet helping Chris.

Live Long and Prosper Jman,

Trekker1988 of Jupiter Force

"New format" worries me a lot to be honest. I've been watching STOked sinse Ep 40 or so, and man, do I love this show..but now that J-Man is heading to Cryptic, the show wont feel the same. He and Chris were a perfect pair for the show.

Anyone able to clarify that meaning? :confused:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Anyone able to clarify that meaning? :confused:

In some ways, a panel of co-hosts will be taking my place at Chris' side. For news and editorials, the show will be able to branch out to more of a round-table discussion format.

There will also be teams of folks from Jupiter Force preparing new content for the show in the form of tutorials, newbie Q&A segments, foundry reviews, and much more.

Honestly, I don't think I'll be missed for long. And I'm going to try and appear on the show as a Dev Interview as much as is appropriate, once I've settled into my new position at Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Also, can I just say...

I find it fascinating that so many of you have latched onto "Cryptic_J-Man" since that particular nickname (J-Man) is one that I've never had in my ENTIRE LIFE, until meeting Chris. And still, to this day, the only people that call me by it are Chris, and fans of STOked.

In a way, it's a community-born nickname. =)