test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BO pathfinding is a bit wonky after season 4

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2011 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have noticed the BO pathfinding after season 4 seems to be worse now. Many times the bo's are refusing to enter doorways or having trouble when a corridor switches higher or lower via a small ramp. they dont always go to the location you request with the set rally point command.

I was playing the tears of the prophets episode in cardassian space and it was quite bad in places.

Several other missions have had this including foundry missions.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    they seem to be doing the 'lets take the most direct route to follow you even if a wall is in the way', then getting stuck in and around the archways. klingon ships are pretty bad for this as there is so much junk around and door have lots of stuff around them like frames and pipes.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Been seeing this too... have had to go back more than a few times to round them up.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I can vouch for this problem as well. In the final Cardassian mission (the mission in the Bajoran Fire Caves, forgive me as I can't remember the name of it specifically), my Bridge Officers would not move anywhere, at all, unless I told them to. When i told them to go on to a bridge, they would walk straight at it, with no regard for the fire pits or the actual bridges themselves. More than half the time, they jumped right in, committing suicide.
    Hardly any fun :/
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Same thing here.

It is getting really frustrating to have to babysit the dumb AI just to get them to follow you and not get stuck on everything and anything.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Very annoyed with this bug, I can't play the ground missions properly... and seeing as how there's so few missions at higher level you'd think it should be fixed.

It makes me want to put my fist through a wall...

So very glad that Starfleet academy is up and the new cadet uniforms.... but how about actually fixing the game instead of looking for cheap ways to make a buck.

Maybe if the game wasn't littered with stuff like this people would stay subscribed.

I for one will not, maybe in a couple months, given that the game hasn't been driven into the ground.

Seeing as TOR is going to be released soon...
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I had them running away from way points i set for them.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I had this issue in the mission on Cardassia Prime, where you have to go retrieve the orb from them. My bridge officers had difficulties going through doorways or navigating cooridors; I had to babysit them to make sure they kept up with me and often had to run back to get one that lagged behind.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    SeanNewBoy wrote: »
    I had them running away from way points i set for them.

i did one mission, might have been a foundry mission i think. one of my boffs ran away from me the length of the map (fed ship interior) stayed in the last room, then ran all the way back. very odd.

although ive had no issues the last few days.

the cardassia prime map was a problem. i remember that one being affected, and one of the klingon station interiors.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Bridge officers were terminally stupid to begin with. Now they just get in my way that much more. >.<
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    although ive had no issues the last few days.

Really? I'm still having it
    Bridge officers were terminally stupid to begin with. Now they just get in my way that much more. >.<

Agreed.

Added to whats already here, I've noticed that in some missions (not all) that Boffs don't fire at the player's target, even after the engagement has started. Rather, if the player is running, the Bridge officers run with the player, not even noticing that he/she/it/other is shooting at something.
    An example is on the mission "Cold Storage," at "To Protect and Preserve." When Thot Trel spawns for the first [attack-able] time, my bridge officers just run with me for about 10 seconds before something in their mind clicks into place and they start shooting him as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    one of my boffs ran away from me the length of the map (fed ship interior) stayed in the last room, then ran all the way back. very odd.

My BOff's do this a few seconds after I stop moving. It's gotten so that I have to either keep moving or rally point them to prevent one or two from running off. Hopefully this morning's coming patch will help.

Z