test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ok, so I don't understand something about the Jupiter uniform..

13»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    mhighison wrote: »
    The 200 Day Vet reward one? I'll look into it... no promises though!

I'd really like to see the chrome on this too as an option. Hopefully it get fit into your schedule at some point. Are there any plans to redo all of the badges, pips, and pins in metallic finishes?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    mhighison wrote: »
    Anything is a future possibility. ;) But open versions of the Jupiter jackets aren't in development right now.

They should be.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The belt alone is worth 500 days, it's awesome.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Brigadoom wrote:
    The belt alone is worth 500 days, it's awesome.

I definitely agree with that! Whoever came up witht he idea for the belt and made it happen should be promoted to your goto people for all things creative in the future.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Those uniforms are incredibly snazzy, especially with the vet bling. One of the reasons I use the B-02 uniform is that the shoulders/collar look sorta golden and blingy when I use a certain shade of yellow on 'em, so I would love this... but I'm only barely about to reach 100 days :(
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    tobar26th wrote:
    Is it a hard thing to add in? (honest question - have no experience in such things)

Its not that it is hard, it is just that they have very limited number of art staff to work on this kinda of stuff as well as the larger things; IE season 4. They have said time and time again that they are limited in how much they can do.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Matt, since you're posting in here, I really want to ask this. Why can't us 200 day vets access gold bling on the Jupiter uniforms? The 200 day Uniform is, no offense, kinda blah looking, but the gold bling is cool. So, why can't we access gold metallic shoulders on the Jupiter uniforms like the 500's can the silver/pewter metallic? Do we not deserve Vet Bling as well?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Matt, since you're posting in here, I really want to ask this. Why can't us 200 day vets access gold bling on the Jupiter uniforms? The 200 day Uniform is, no offense, kinda blah looking, but the gold bling is cool. So, why can't we access gold metallic shoulders on the Jupiter uniforms like the 500's can the silver/pewter metallic? Do we not deserve Vet Bling as well?

You'll use your 200-day blingiform and like it, dammit!

Actually, given that they're patches of different material type rather than different texture, I wonder just how much work it is. I know in Maya, at least, working with objects that have different materials assigned to different faces can be a pain, and snipping up an object (to make different materials easier) while retaining apparent seamlessness while animating is an even bigger pain. And that's before you transfer it over to a game engine...
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Strange, no one has mentioned that there is a matching 'Jupiter' pants that is part of the set.... (But the only way to get it is to purchase the Jupiter Set, as its not included with the 500 Day Vet bonus...)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Cpt.Kain wrote: »
    I totally agree it should be free I mean for the friggin' love of money WERE 500 A BLOODY FIVE HUNDRED DAY VETERANS SHOULDN'T WE GET SOME FRINGE BENEFITS HERE!? come on Cryptic make some sense here geez

Cryptic / Atari would, it seems would rather make money at our expense and our detriment. These uniforms are not cannon! Most don’t even look good. Where does it say that fashion in the future has to look grotty? (I say that about the Admirals coat also!) These suits are just an addition to the uniforms that came stock with the game. I’m going to wait for a half off sale until I even think about buying them! I think that cryptics efforts would be better served by adding the obscure stuff. Such as Yesterday’s Enterprise Uniforms Officer and Enlisted... (in fact that might have been a better 500 day reward from a sales stand point.) Or Scotty’s Bomber jacket as seen in ST 3 and 5 or perhaps Lieutenant Carolyn Palamas dress as worn in Who Mourns for Adonais? Come to think of it, why does everything look like its leather and PVC, instead of cloth? Starfleet Isn’t S&M city!

Another item that could be added is the Uniform designed for, but never used in Generations.
    You're right,I just noticed that,I hope they just don't give the belt I want the uniforms not just the belt and I don't want to pay money for the uniform,I mean really...Crypitc! watch yourself..

There are better options... Cryptic should watch itself!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Strange, no one has mentioned that there is a matching 'Jupiter' pants that is part of the set.... (But the only way to get it is to purchase the Jupiter Set, as its not included with the 500 Day Vet bonus...)
    I believe the Jupiter boots and basic Jupiter belt are only obtainable from the C-Store Pack as well. Vet reward includes the 6th Jupiter Jacket variant, UFP Belt, and unlocks the shoulder bling on all available Jupiter jackets.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Faith1 wrote:
    I totally agree it should be free I mean for the friggin' love of money WERE 500 A BLOODY FIVE HUNDRED DAY VETERANS SHOULDN'T WE GET SOME FRINGE BENEFITS HERE!? come on Cryptic make some sense here geez

Cryptic / Atari would, it seems would rather make money at our expense and our detriment. These uniforms are not cannon! Most don’t even look good. Where does it say that fashion in the future has to look grotty? (I say that about the Admirals coat also!) These suits are just an addition to the uniforms that came stock with the game. I’m going to wait for a half off sale until I even think about buying them! I think that cryptics efforts would be better served by adding the obscure stuff. Such as Yesterday’s Enterprise Uniforms Officer and Enlisted... (in fact that might have been a better 500 day reward from a sales stand point.) Or Scotty’s Bomber jacket as seen in ST 3 and 5 or perhaps Lieutenant Carolyn Palamas dress as worn in Who Mourns for Adonais? Come to think of it, why does everything look like its leather and PVC, instead of cloth? Starfleet Isn’t S&M city!

Another item that could be added is the Uniform designed for, but never used in Generations.
    You're right,I just noticed that,I hope they just don't give the belt I want the uniforms not just the belt and I don't want to pay money for the uniform,I mean really...Crypitc! watch yourself..

There are better options... Cryptic should watch itself!

Jexsam wrote: »
    I can't believe anyone is complaining about this.

Last time you got a uniform, it was just one uniform with non-removable and non-color-changeable gold parts.

This time? You're getting a uniform, a belt, and the option to add or remove the metallic shoulders. And that's all free right there with the 500-day rewards, you don't have to pay an extra dime to get anything else.

But if you decide to, you get yet another little bonus that only you get; the ability to add or remove metallic bits from the other five uniforms.

They have gone far above what they normally do for Vet Reward uniforms, and all you can do is complain that it isn't enough!? Sheesh.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    @ Jexsam,

That will do! No one asked Cryptic to do this. No one (to my knowledge) asked cryptic to slap together another uniform or to gorilla market the thing in this fashion. Some people would have been happy just to have the 400 day reward as the frosting on the cake that being the end of it.

“Last time you got a uniform, it was just one uniform with non-removable and non-color-changeable gold parts.”

As long as that one uniform was seen on the show, you’d be surprised how many of us would be content with that!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    @ Jexsam,

On second thought, I could be wrong. I think that elements of this costume can be used to enhance others for example; I sampled the belt with the VADM Jacket the difference is astounding, fun and exciting not to mention unique.

My opinion of these uniforms being busy has not been altered and where as it’s true that these are not cannon, that is to say not seen in a movie or show. It will help to, overtime allow Cryptic’s version of Star Trek to develop in greater detail!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Since this is the thread the devs are responding to, i have a couple of questions about the Jupiter 3 Uniform:
    (i have marked some points for reference on THIS picture)

On the Male Uniform: Why does the Jupiter Belt (C) (and the WoK Belt) not cover that belt thingy (B) on the Uniform, while it DOES on the Female Variant (B)?
    So would it be possible to lower that Belt thing (B) a bit, so that the Jupiter Belt (C) covers it like it does on the Female Version?

It's the same as with the AGT uniforms, the female versions look really good but the male versions looks just stupid.
    Is this intended? And if the answer is "yes" then my question is why?

Why does this uniform have so much different shades of colors?
    Even though i choose one and the same color, it looks different.
    Especially (A) is very annoying, because if i choose red (command color in TNG), that stripe becomes almost pink, regardless how dark the red is i choose....
    Can you guys something do about it?
    (Like making that stripe exactly the same color that i choose?)
    I find it really annoying, not being able to choose what color i want to use.

Please look at C, D,E,F,G and H, they show the darkest black there is availlable and yet, they are differentt shades of grey...
    What did the art designers think when doing this?
    Did they think we can't choose the right colors for ourselves?
    If i wanted to have different shades of grey i would color them in that way myself!

Whats the point of letting us customize our uniforms, if there are such stupid restrictions?
    It's stuff like that which really spoils my party. :mad:
    (i hope that's the right expression)

Especially the difference between the Male and Female Versions is what i find annoying, AND the "red stripe" case.

Sorry i am really annoyed by this, because i was really looking forward to this uniform, and now i got something that could look way better.

EDIT:
    The sole reason for me to buy the Jupiter Uniform Pack was the Jupiter 3 Uniform, but since it looks so stupid on male chars, i feel that i just wasted those 280 Points for nothing, since i certainly will not use it, looking like that.

Honestly i am really disappointed....

Live long and prosper.