What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Miniguns, Shotguns and Rifles, oh my!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I haven't read the entire thread. Will turrets, shield generators, med generators and drones be able to stay longer?
    (It's just annoying to re build them again and again.)

I'm not talking about giving them more Hitpoints, but if they just stand there doing nothing, they vanish after 60 seconds or so. Would it be possible to make them stay longer maybe 4 or 5 minutes?

Live long and prosper.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yreodred wrote:
    I haven't read the entire thread. Will turrets, shield generators, med generators and drones be able to stay longer?

I'm not talking about giving them more Hitpoints, but if they just stand there doing nothing, they vanish after 60 seconds or so. Would it be possible to make them stay longer maybe 4 or 5 minutes?

Live long and prosper.

......Why?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Kasensal wrote:
    ......Why?
    Yreodred wrote:

Live long and prosper.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Combat shouldn't be taking you longer than around 60 seconds per group.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Well it sort of evolved into a ground combat Q&A thread. But i digress. As far as all the powers go, just about everything is getting buffed. And by buffed I mean powers are working again lol.

As I'm going through touching up the art, CaptainGeko is doing the same for the powers. Half of them were just flat broken like orbital tickle. It never scaled with your level, among other things, resulting in kitten level damage.

Some powers had crazy rules that hampered their effectiveness. Medical generator for example healed you based on how close you were to it, now its just a flat healing aura. If your in the AoE your getting healed. Some debuffs had no FX to tell you that something happened. Up until now we have only dealt with powers individually but the ground update has forced us to do a level 1 diagnostic and we're finding and fixing all kinds of broken.

Oh and special treat for engineers your pets no longer beam in but are replicated :D I've been wanting to get that in since launch.

This being the case, can I ask about Sonic Pulse? Two of my BOffs have it, and I swear I never see them actually use it.

EDIT: Whoops, Brozan beat me to it above.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I always figured it was the ship beaming them down. Glad to know Orbital Strike is getting some love.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'd love to get my hands on the TR-116 but sadly its on of the few exclusives that are still exclusive
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Half of them were just flat broken like orbital tickle. It never scaled with your level, among other things, resulting in kitten level damage.

Some powers had crazy rules that hampered their effectiveness. Medical generator for example healed you based on how close you were to it, now its just a flat healing aura. If your in the AoE your getting healed...

Oh and special treat for engineers your pets no longer beam in but are replicated :D I've been wanting to get that in since launch.

As an engineer, you have made me very very VERY happy!!!!!!!! :D

...Although, come to think about it, the wait for Season 4 is now going to be agonizing! Oh well! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Half of them were just flat broken like orbital tickle. It never scaled with your level, among other things, resulting in kitten level damage.

So the kitten level damage is being buffed to KITTEH LEVEL DAMAGE?

"I've got one in my transporter buffer...."

Still a replicator effect will be rather cool. =)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm not sure if that was already ask, didnt read all pages. (and may be its A LITTLE of Topic)

The two changes I want most about ground:
    1.Will there EVER be ways to costumize the Weapons visuals? Nothing big, just the chance to chose between the available Rifle models for your rifle or between all pistol models for your Pistol ect?

2. Holster. Will we be able to SEE the holstered weapons? Or just Probs for Pistol in the Holsters and may be Tricorders, like in CO?

I mean we have dozents of uniforms to costumize, some, like me, spend hours to get every deatil of every bo right, but the lack of those things always bug me and prevent away missions from getting the right atmosphere.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm not sure if that was already ask, didnt read all pages. (and may be its A LITTLE of Topic)

1.Will there EVER be ways to costumize the Weapons visuals? Nothing big, just the chance to chose between the available Rifle models for your rifle or between all pistol models for your Pistol ect?

2. Holster. Will we be able to SEE the holstered weapons? Or just Probs for Pistol in the Holsters and may be Tricorders, like in CO?

I mean we have dozents of uniforms to costumize, some, like me, spend hours to get every deatil of every bo right, but the lack of those things always bug me and prevent away missions from getting the right atmosphere.

Those are both things that we'd like to do one day, but aren't slated to go with Season 4.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Both excellent suggestions, and I would like to add in the request to customize our armor and kit visuals as well (if nothing else to be able to recolor the armor). New armor/kit models would be really nice as well.

Now for a question! Will Klingons ever get armor/kit visuals?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    *drools* Shotguns... yesss....
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Those are both things that we'd like to do one day, but aren't slated to go with Season 4.

Well then I hope that "One day" is soon^^
    Thanks for the response.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Well it sort of evolved into a ground combat Q&A thread. But i digress. As far as all the powers go, just about everything is getting buffed. And by buffed I mean powers are working again lol.

As I'm going through touching up the art, CaptainGeko is doing the same for the powers. Half of them were just flat broken like orbital tickle. It never scaled with your level, among other things, resulting in kitten level damage.

Some powers had crazy rules that hampered their effectiveness. Medical generator for example healed you based on how close you were to it, now its just a flat healing aura. If your in the AoE your getting healed. Some debuffs had no FX to tell you that something happened. Up until now we have only dealt with powers individually but the ground update has forced us to do a level 1 diagnostic and we're finding and fixing all kinds of broken.

This all sounds wonderful, I really can't wait for S4!!!

So pets are "replicated"?? -- I wonder how that differs... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Look at the model DCUO uses, where once you get a weapon it's added to your "costume" collection, and from then on you can make any weapon look like that. So you still have loot drops adding to your looks, but complete control over your looks.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    syberghost wrote: »
    Look at the model DCUO uses, where once you get a weapon it's added to your "costume" collection, and from then on you can make any weapon look like that. So you still have loot drops adding to your looks, but complete control over your looks.

They don't even need to look that far away - CO did it first.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    They don't even need to look that far away - CO did it first.

And CoH before that, both Cryptic games.

Given that it can be done in CO, and they share a common codebase, I don't imagine it would be that difficult to implement (at least not compared to doing it from scratch).
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Seriously though, does anyone know if the primary fire of special weapon types, such as the shotgun will actually have the effect. If the primary fire on the shotgun is not AoE type, then it is not a shotgun, and if a snipers fire is not scope range then its not really much of a sniper, does anyone know if this is the case?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Kasensal wrote:
    And CoH before that, both Cryptic games.

Given that it can be done in CO, and they share a common codebase, I don't imagine it would be that difficult to implement (at least not compared to doing it from scratch).

CoH had costume unlocks from various sources, and weapon selection, but not the particular 'absorb equippable item into costume selections' concept, at least not that I recall from playing recently.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

I would like that too. Is like to have my rifle and pistol look more tng-ish like the standard issue ones without actually having to use the standard issue ones as a vice admiral or captain or fleet admiral or whatever :)
    /signed
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    IMHO, there should be phaser batteries and phaser frames.

Ideally, the frame would affect factors like the STYLE of play. Expose/exploit. Range. Cooldowns.

Meanwhile, the stats, damage type, and specific abilities would be impacted by the phaser battery, which you could use in any weapon.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Lennan wrote: »
    Both excellent suggestions, and I would like to add in the request to customize our armor and kit visuals as well (if nothing else to be able to recolor the armor). New armor/kit models would be really nice as well.

Now for a question! Will Klingons ever get armor/kit visuals?

I'd prefer to deactivate the Armor/Kitt visuals all over and get more Gear-options on the Tailor.
    Another funny Idea I read is to replace the "kit" by a "Tricorder", primary that would just be a change by Name but it kind of ties in better with the ST-Canon I believe, since a Troicorder on most away mission was an eqipment part and "Kits"... well... were not.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'd prefer to deactivate the Armor/Kitt visuals all over and get more Gear-options on the Tailor.
    Another funny Idea I read is to replace the "kit" by a "Tricorder", primary that would just be a change by Name but it kind of ties in better with the ST-Canon I believe, since a Troicorder on most away mission was an eqipment part and "Kits"... well... were not.
    I like that idea and support it.
    If we could get that gear stuff via the Tailor, our BO's should be able to wear them too.

Live long and prosper.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Indeed. I would love to equip myself and my BOs with various arrangements of Science kits (no matter if I am on a Science character or not), along with some recoloring. Absolutely love the holographic armor look.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    IMHO, there should be phaser batteries and phaser frames.

Ideally, the frame would affect factors like the STYLE of play. Expose/exploit. Range. Cooldowns.

Meanwhile, the stats, damage type, and specific abilities would be impacted by the phaser battery, which you could use in any weapon.

Sounds like the basis for some new STO Crafting! yeah gimme please!

Though I wouldn't go for the battery s the part that necessirly defines the power of the weapon more the prefire chamber or some other component.

I would lvoe to see a crafting system where you choose:
    • The look of your weapon rifle pistol dual pistols etc.
    • The type of weapon Expos / Explied
    • The Function of the weapon intense beam with knock back vs wide beam or spread with lower damage or other types
    • The power of the weapon with a critical success grnating blue or purple results with various potential outcomes DMG CritH etc

The same for Kits I would ove to be ble to customize kits.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    It seems to me, that it was already stated kit visualization will become part of the tailor option and no longer pre defined.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Oh well that's cool, I hadn't heard that, hope that carries over to the foundry. But I was really tlaking about kit powers rather than the visuals.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Seriously though, does anyone know if the primary fire of special weapon types, such as the shotgun will actually have the effect. If the primary fire on the shotgun is not AoE type, then it is not a shotgun, and if a snipers fire is not scope range then its not really much of a sniper, does anyone know if this is the case?

Well its not really a shotgun, we just call it that internally because it gets the idea across of what kind of weapon it is. The primary fire is the plusewave cylinder attack and the secondary is the arcwave cone attack.

Also the Sniper rifle has the longest range in the game, but doesn't require you to be "scoped".

Hoped that answered your question.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Whaoh scoped? does that mean when using a sniper rifle you can zoom in on a target like using a sniper scope?? that would be awesome!!!