test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dare I ask?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Any new news with respect to the foundry launch on Tribble?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I believe it's called a communal boost to self-esteem, and you might want to edit that post.

but I do remember posting this once:
    SP3CTREnyc wrote:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    With the launch so close you'd think they would release it for further testing instead of keeping it behind closed doors enough with the secrecy release information already this is why half the game doesnt work properly stuff goes out before its really ready and doesnt get proper testing/adjustment.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Darkfire30 wrote:
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen

You obviously have no idea what so ever what you are talking about. They are working as fast as they can to get Foundry out. I am tired of listening to people whine because they aren't getting their precious Foundry the second they were told that they would. That is the nature of programs still in beta. Just wait. It will be here soon enough.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    To be fair you cannot be too harsh on people who are paying for what right is becoming a dated MMORPG to a lot of people very fast for loosing their patience with Foundry. Whilst i appreciate their are bugs to be had, and this takes time to fix, the paying customer has every right to get their panties in a twist, if they keep having to hear what can fairly be stated as the "next excuse"

Would you accept a service if it continued to be late, even if it was likely to be a quality product? More to the point would appreciate having to pay for it.

I'm all for giving Cryptic Slack, but we should give the customer slack too, and so far all people want is something to wet their appetite. A video, screenshot, something detail in the information, SOMETHING for their patience.

So far it;s been a lot of give on the customers part in this, it's time for Crypic to offer at least something back, even if it isn't Foundry.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You are lucky they even give you access to Tribble. You are paying for holodeck, and Tribble server is a privilage.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I just want to distance myself from that first response. I know the devs are working very hard. I was hoping someone had said something new about where things stand.

EB
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ebeyer wrote: »
    I just want to distance myself from that first response. I know the devs are working very hard. I was hoping someone had said something new about where things stand.

EB

I'm afraid I have not heard anything. I have noticed the FAQ has been pretty inactive from a developer response standpoint... maybe the Foundry will come out some time this week?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    SP3CTREnyc wrote:
    I believe it's called a communal boost to self-esteem, and you might want to edit that post.

but I do remember posting this once:

And what if they release it before then?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    to be honest im pretty ticked off at the whole way this has been handled very little infomation about the foundry has come out i made a nice post on the test server forum about questions and none of them were replied to the keep saying that they are planning to release foundry to the test server but it keeps getting pushed back and pushed back because of "bugs". It was supposed to go out to the test server two weeks ago.... i really don't understand why it is taking so long when we all know a lot of the major features wont even be in it just yet, we just want to get our hands on it

please just release it already there will be bugs thats what a beta is. you been teasing us that its going to come out for the test server for the past month and yet all we get so far is this sort of back and forth game between "were trying to get it out this week" to "oh it will come out when its ready we have no time frame..."

i mean Stahl made a nice long post about crafting last night...which was good. but would have been nice if he updated the FAQ or made a more detailed post (with some new screenshots) about the foundry while we wait.......

Please please just release it soon or at the very least release some more infomation about it or a video or something....

but i guess it will come out when it comes out....just sad that none of the devs are making any real posts or updates on it, in fact they SHOULD have a sticky on the foundry feedback or test server page with a sticky of the current status of the foundry so that users can easily pull it up to find out instead of having to dig through the forums trying to find a response to why the foundry isnt out yet.

Its not very nice to tease us with this great tool thats supposively to make great cool missions but then to keep delaying and delaying it while getitng our hopes up that its "coming real soon" on top of providing very little information on it.

Though maybe they are holding out on any information because they want to make sure they can get it to work in the beta or something.. i dont know. i still think theres no real reason to put a NDA on the foundry to be honest. Even if it was not perfect i cant see how having tools to make your own missions and people seeing more about it could be a bad thing.

it just seems to me to show that rather then get the STO community really excited and involved in the process we are going to just have to wait untill they "decide" to put it on the test server whenever the heck that will be ... and yes they do have a few community people trying it out

but since they cant report on anything they are testing what is the real point? great for them to get feedback but not so great for the rest of us!

:-(

i just think this whole thing could have been handled better and maybe instead of giving us false hopes of when the foundry is coming they should have just set the beta on tribble on the same day season 3 comes out on holideck. just make the first open beta for tribble first worry about bringing the beta to live later on...

if they had just said ok Foundry will be avalible december 9th on Tribble it would have made people a bit less frustrated about the whole waiting game "oh is it today? maybe? no...tomorrow? no? next week? hmm"

Who knows when the heck it will come out i just wish theyd drop the darn NDA already since technically speaking the Foundry was supposed to be on tribble by now anyways so why keep the thing a secret?

Drop the NDA let the people who have played with it give their opions maybe even posts some videos and then it would make us all excited and make the wait not as frustrating!

sighs but i guess we'll just have to play the waiting game apparently they are set on releasing as little information about it as possible untill beta comes out.

I mean what are we going to do phone another company and say "hey look at this idea you guys should do this!"

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Anders118 wrote: »
    You are lucky they even give you access to Tribble. You are paying for holodeck, and Tribble server is a privilage.

You read the terms of service?

You have to be a paying customer to use tribble. Yes it's an optional extra, but really nothing more than that

By your definition, Cryptic can do now wrong? What kind of company thrives on nothing but praise?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    evenios wrote: »
    I mean what are we going to do phone another company and say "hey look at this idea you guys should do this!"

Why not? Some Games really need a tool like this

Blizzard and CCP could benefit
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You read the terms of service?

You have to be a paying customer to use tribble. Yes it's an optional extra, but really nothing more than that

By your definition, Cryptic can do now wrong? What kind of company thrives on nothing but praise?

I am trying to say that this will happen with programs that still aren't even in open beta yet! Additionally, we did not have Tribble in the beginning and they could revoke access to it at any time. Now would I be mad if they kept missing holodeck deadlines? Of course! But Tribble Estimates? No.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I get more upset at "This is when it may be coming.. oh hold on a second"

Tribble or no. I'd be less upset with "This may be coming.. oh wait a second... no but here's something to whet your appetite"

Just not another radio interview please
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yes, they have been saying that this is when it might be coming. The key word there is might. Just be patient and wait for it to come. It will be here soon enough.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Then how about "we'll let you know when it's ready"

Better than these, "probably... but ah no" announcments