test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Adding Unlocks/Temp Playables

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Well I just got thinking of this because I was thinking of a episode from my fanfiction that involves piloting a ship into the past that has the ship costume of an NX because of it travelling to the Pre-Fed era. Now my question is this, would we be able to enable the possibility of offering item/costume/ship unlocks (provided it was given the ok from the Cryptic team, like the mission gets reviewed and maybe made an official mission), or just made temp in that you pilot a "NX" for the mission but you don't keep it, bit like how in the Dividian mission your ship looked like a Klingon ship.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    My guess would be that it would work as it does in the Devidian series. Most of the Enterprise-era loot (NX costume, uniforms) are stuff that they sell in the C-Store. From what I understand, the devs or the system will generate the loot for our Foundry missions and we won't have a say-so in that...
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That seems a tad sad. Which is why I think the temp thing AKA holographic projection would work the best, if we are able to do that anyway.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I agree. And am planning on such. They had already made mention that if you want to have Fed fighting Fed, you simply drop in Klingon/Romulan/some other foe and change their costumes to Fed. Will help for some good storytelling.... :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I agree. And am planning on such. They had already made mention that if you want to have Fed fighting Fed, you simply drop in Klingon/Romulan/some other foe and change their costumes to Fed. Will help for some good storytelling.... :)

Well I meant having the player have a different ship costume, such as the NX or Galaxy-X but for the mission only for those who truely want to get into the story.
  • Options
    edited November 2010

You wouldn't happen to have the source of this costume changing info would you? This would be truely awsome if I could alter a Romulan ship to look like a fed ship!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    This is the closest Dev Post I could find on the above:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3151195&postcount=133

I've either read more into what he was saying or saw something a player posted instead. Though he doesn't state it specifically, it could just mean that you can alter the faction's ships/costumes/etc from *within* that faction's library... dunno. I'm hoping that my first supposition was correct... :D
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    This is the closest Dev Post I could find on the above:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3151195&postcount=133

I've either read more into what he was saying or saw something a player posted instead. Though he doesn't state it specifically, it could just mean that you can alter the faction's ships/costumes/etc from *within* that faction's library... dunno. I'm hoping that my first supposition was correct... :D
    I agree with your first supposition. But yeah hope we can do that holographic thing with the player's ship.