test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

UGC question....

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Can we save a copy of a mission (file) on our hard drive ?

Not to work offline but for the purpose of transfering the mission (we are working on)
between tribble and holodeck?

it would be nice to be able to move maps/mission stuff between the two so we can
test new (beta) foundry stuff (as it comes out) with missions we already have in the main holodeck.

just have a file option near the save button ( or whatever) to check saying, copy to tribble
...am pretty sure it can only go from holodeck to tribble...the other direction might cause
issues.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Can we save a copy of a mission (file) on our hard drive ?

Not to work offline but for the purpose of transfering the mission (we are working on)
    between tribble and holodeck?

it would be nice to be able to move maps/mission stuff between the two so we can
    test new (beta) foundry stuff (as it comes out) with missions we already have in the main holodeck.

just have a file option near the save button ( or whatever) to check saying, copy to tribble
    ...am pretty sure it can only go from holodeck to tribble...the other direction might cause
    issues.
    There's no guarantee that stuff created during open beta will make it live - Tribble already has a wipe policy.

Any game is like this and files may break as tech gets upgraded - this happened STO's pre-launch beta and things needed to be wiped when new tech was added.

Hopefully, the devs can avoid this but there's no guarantee that missions created in a beta state (as with any other game) will survive new tech changes.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    There's no guarantee that stuff created during open beta will make it live - Tribble already has a wipe policy.

Any game is like this and files may break as tech gets upgraded - this happened STO's pre-launch beta and things needed to be wiped when new tech was added.

Hopefully, the devs can avoid this but there's no guarantee that missions created in a beta state (as with any other game) will survive new tech changes.

it is not so much....I want my tribble adventure to go live
    it is more of
    when they come out with a foundry upgrade to test on tribble, can I copy some
    stuff I already have on the main to make testing easier instead of starting from scratch again?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    it is not so much....I want my tribble adventure to go live
    it is more of
    when they come out with a foundry upgrade to test on tribble, can I copy some
    stuff I already have on the main to make testing easier instead of starting from scratch again?

There's no official word yet: keep in mind that Tribble's existing policy is that anything you do on it might not carry over.

However, dstahl mentioned that they might have the foundry tools themselves on Tribble and only the published missions appearing on holodeck (this is only a possibility - base don his recent interview).