test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sound effects and music

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I understand we all need to tread lightly around using copyrighted material. But I'd ideally like a way to place custom music over my custom missions. Maybe some podsafe music? Maybe some music I made myself? Maybe this all could be declared before the mission is published?

I'm guessing, but it would seem this is not much more difficult than weeding out visual representations that are inappropriate, like copyrighted names and likenesses for example.

EB
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Totally agree to adding in audio bytes and clips (as long as they are royalty free). It would be good to add voiceovers to the game or being able to add some new NPC comment as you progress.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    As dstahl said, these aren't mod tools. You won't be loading custom artwork (be it textures, models, music).
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    As dstahl said, these aren't mod tools. You won't be loading custom artwork (be it textures, models, music).

I hope then that we'll have a good pallete of music and sound effects to work with. Some of the in-game music can get pretty monotonous.

EB