test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry - Social Areas?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I was thinking, will we be able to create social areas with the Foundry System? Iam sure it isnt something that will be available at release, however i would think when they allow for that of others to come about in regards to assistance of others to help each other in building such areas. Though should there be areas that are Social Areas?

As we already know, many areas are very limited in regards to Social Areas, should the Foundry be able to do this in the near future and future features?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I would imagine it could be possible to fake it, depending on whether or not the instance of someone playing that "mission" would allow lots of people in it.

You would just create a mission that had no objective, or had one of the repeating kind of objectives like the Fleet Actions (if possible), and anyone who joined the instance could go meet up, theoretically.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    At release, I seriously doubt it.

Later on? Maybe...

It'd have to be a different "type" of UGC, to say the least. Anyone who wants to "play" the mission would have to be placed into a semi-persistent instance that others can likewise join, instead of the client downloading the mission outline and creating the mission on-demand,

So basically... it'd have to act like ESD instances instead of instances created on the fly for individuals/teams. That will be a new dynamic with different server requirements that Cryptic will have to code for.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Rikaelus wrote: »
    At release, I seriously doubt it.

Later on? Maybe...

It'd have to be a different "type" of UGC, to say the least. Anyone who wants to "play" the mission would have to be placed into a semi-persistent instance that others can likewise join, instead of the client downloading the mission outline and creating the mission on-demand,

So basically... it'd have to act like ESD instances instead of instances created on the fly for individuals/teams. That will be a new dynamic with different server requirements that Cryptic will have to code for.

I completely, no argument i just was wondering as social areas are limited to a certain degree with regards to content.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'll try to fake one when it goes live, but it looks like future updates will allow such creation of actual social zones, specifically those intended to create fleet owned bases and systems.

I'll post a thread once I have accomplished a "fake" zone, and post it's limitations. If I can get it to work like I want, then I'd imagine others will be doing the same. Here's hoping I can :D
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That's sort of what I was referring to when I talked about makingmore Star Fleet faciliies. The big question I'm hoping on will be if the art assets for the rest of the sol system will be released with UGC.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    jennjahn wrote: »
    That's sort of what I was referring to when I talked about makingmore Star Fleet faciliies. The big question I'm hoping on will be if the art assets for the rest of the sol system will be released with UGC.

That is a good question.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    yes and no

You could create a 'mission' that is nothing more than a recreation area..but it would be limited to a
    party of 6.

Could be useful for small get togethers or private parties.