test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Denube's should be cheaper

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Federation Discussion
I mean you can get all of the LT commander ships for about a quarter of the price at K7 but at DS9 Denube's cost as much as Captain ships? What the hell?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It's a poor attempt at creating a money sink for the "economy." Aside from paying insanely inflated prices on the exchange for items (Which are usually inferior or equal to what you can trade badges for) there's not a whole lot/anything to spend EC on.

The saddest part is the shuttle itself is pretty lame compared to even the noob ship (1/2 the hull points and no rear wpn but more maneuvability) making it pretty much worthless for anything aside from touring the galaxy or mentoring Lieutenants when you're Admiral rank.

Make it some kind of "combat shuttle" with a turret slot in back, battle cloak, and higher ranking B/O slots, and it'd be worth picking up, even at three times the current cost.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I personally think the cost of these are fine, most people will pickup one when they at about RA Rank anyways and 150K of your account which would be at least a few million in credits is no big loss.

We use these in our Personal Fleet PvP events on a regular basis. Because there is not much in the way of ship ability that comes into play. It comes back to players ability to select the right combination of weapons and skills to succeed in this event.

Not everything needs to be about having the most powerful ship and having the highest DPS. Sometimes you just want to have a close fought team play orientated PvP event. These fit the bill very well.

These are a perfect example of trying something different that might just surprise you, if used in a different way than what your currently used to using in your standard ships.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I agree that Danube runabouts should be far cheaper, enough so to turn out being usable by level 3 to 10 characters as a possible alternate ship aside from the Miranda light cruiser.

Like, 5000 energy credits.

The ship is already a novelty as it is. I strongly believe that by reducing the price so, it would give it more purpose and functionality.

Heck, if they ever remake the tutorial/starter missions, having the player use a runabout as a training craft during a Starfleet Academy examination could be pretty swell. A couple of early assignments and poof, you get your starting light cruiser - maybe you even use the Runabout to fly up to it. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I wouldnt be as opposed to paying for it as it is now if it had the following:

An interior

Was sized properly

And had more special useage in certain missions/episodes.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It's like that Corvette at the dealership you drive by every morning on the way to work. Nice to have, but if you can't afford it, then don't buy the damn thing.

I have not seen a mission yet that requres a Runabout. It is a luxury item, expet to pay a luxury price.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Nonoka wrote:
    It's like that Corvette at the dealership you drive by every morning on the way to work.

Sort of, currently it's more a junky sedan priced like a corvette in the hopes people will be suckered into buying it; because for that price it's got to be good, right?

Performance wise it's about = to the noob ship, so pricing it any higher then 10-20k credits is rather absurd since at low levels it's almost useful/practical to fly.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The Danube isn't supposed to be taken as a serious ship to fight in. This is probably the sole reason it is only for sell at DS9 instead of the ESD. Also...I'm pretty sure a shuttle craft would be no threat to a light cruiser, the best thing a Danube should be able to destroy is another Danube or a carrier launched fighter ship.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    the thing is i've defeated many vorcha class enemy cruisers with it.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    By the time you reach RA, you can buy these things in bulk.

My KDF is only Capt 9 as of this post, and has over 800K EC, and I've done ZERO auction house selling.

Why would you need it to be cheaper?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    You have this al wrong,this shouldn't be a thread about making the Runabout cheaper.....this should be a thread on making the Runabout usefull.Let them design missions where shuttlecraft have a purpose.Let them design shuttlecraft for Klingons,so we can have FvK PvP.As it is now it's nothing more than a nice gimmick.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    By the time you reach RA, you can buy these things in bulk.

My KDF is only Capt 9 as of this post, and has over 800K EC, and I've done ZERO auction house selling.

Why would you need it to be cheaper?

:p yep all that killing and chances to drop items really comes in handy for the KDF. Too bad the Federation people have to do all these pesky diplomacy missions and surveying random anomolies that we never really use anyways in the end.

Still though even if it was that price, it feels much like a T1 or T2 ship to me. Flimsy shielding, no weapons, only 5 crew. But really its a shuttle, it should be a fighter craft you can launch from your big Tier 5 ship. What are those shuttlebays for anyways right?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I completely agree. It would be a good idea to have shuttle missions. Consider this:

1) Each ship gains shuttle slots (the bigger it is, the more it gets). Klingons can have fighters (small shuttles with only fore weapons. Can equip cannons!)

2) We get shuttle missions. We select a shuttle. Ideas: races (like an episode in Voyager), dogfights with other shuttles/fighters, evade a starship in a shuttle, destroy a starship with a shuttle swarm (good idea for PvP arena: match a couple of starships with 10 shuttles/fighters. Imagine the laughs!), try to land a shuttle in hostile environment.

3) Give the option of beaming for a ground mission, or land with a shuttle. Land on a hostile planet after evading cannon fire. But you have a fallback position, or something. More variety.