test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Englebert wrote:

I like the 2nd one ! very nice... I will get both Excelsior Classes later today and the T5 from the C-Store will be my new Federation Flagship !

The Excelsior will be one of the better ships to take some very nice dramatic Screen shots... I didnt really like the ship when I first saw her in Search for Spock but she does grow on you over time and is one of my Favorite classic Starships...

Wish I had a Klingon Equivalent to the Excelsior... but thats another Story... atleast they added a Classic Starship...
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Few of mine. Not great. Just some quick ones I grabbed in the few minutes I played earlier today.

Shot 1

Shot 2

Shot 3

Shot 4

Shot 5

Shot 6
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I am so envious of both of you..... Long live the Excelsior especially love the screenies of the enterprise B version.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Anyone got one blowing up?

We Klingons think like that
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Blow up the damn ship, Jean Luc!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Inviegle wrote: »

No. Ironically, in the B'tran daily i did shortly after getting the ship I never once got a ship battle mission (after getting nothing but, yesterday) and I didn't have time to do a PvP.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Mine was just the T3 I didn't buy the T5 version. I think they did really well with the model it's a nice looking ship.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Inviegle wrote: »

not and not because of lack of effort from the klingons, they just had to give up and shoot the weaker star cruisers instead.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Looks like I'm going to have to log in tonight and pick one off. Anyone offering a bounty on one?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Englebert wrote:
    Mine was just the T3 I didn't buy the T5 version. I think they did really well with the model it's a nice looking ship.

im confused, wheres the t3 version do i have to buy that or is is alredy there? all i c is the t5
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Karvashio wrote: »
    im confused, wheres the t3 version do i have to buy that or is is alredy there? all i c is the t5

go to the shipyard lady and buy it for credits. its called advanced heavy cruiser or something and is a unique ship and not just a skin
  • Options
    edited August 2010

It is upstair above the ship yard from the ship vendor
  • Options
    edited August 2010

The T3 version is in the ship store upstairs in the shipyard on star base 1. It will be under the advanced cruiser near the top of the page in the vendor store box. You can check the T3 ship lists at the console for the exact name. It cost me over 100k energy credits. I think around 147k but I had already chose my free T3 ship.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    A few screenies of my T3 (aka "Search for Spock") Excelsior Heavy Cruiser.

Battle 1

Battle 2

Cruising
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    artic1337 wrote:
    Blow up the damn ship, Jean Luc!

This post is made of pure win.

To the original poster: WANT!

I won't be bothering with the T5 version, but I might just level up a new engineer just to waltz around in the T3 version.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Benfea wrote: »
    This post is made of pure win.

To the original poster: WANT!

I won't be bothering with the T5 version, but I might just level up a new engineer just to waltz around in the T3 version.

You can make the T5 look like either one.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Englebert wrote:

...wow. Cryptic's C-store behavior has actually managed to make images of such a beautiful ship (and actually well-modeled) fill me with disgust.

Anyone have a time machine so I can go Gibbs-slap past-me into not getting a LTS?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ya, i wish i could join in on the fun, but ya know, principles . . . they're a PITA.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I picked up the T3 Excelsior tonight. When I beamed up there were 7 other Excelsiors sitting at Sol Starbase. I left and did some Starbase 24s. Had a good time.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I imagine plenty of the T3 ones will be blowing up pretty soon.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ...wow. Cryptic's C-store behavior has actually managed to make images of such a beautiful ship (and actually well-modeled) fill me with disgust.

Anyone have a time machine so I can go Gibbs-slap past-me into not getting a LTS?

I just don't get your c-store rage. Especially when you were talking about Tellarites powers where you said it all started. That pigheaded trait was so useless I deleted my RA 5 tactical officer. Because I was giving up to much with it and being forced to take sturdy with it. I made a Bajoran to replace him. Three out of the four races I bought were gimps. Nothing game changing about any race or ship in the game in my opinion.

Well, back to the topic the Excelsior is a good looking ship. Sorry you don't like it.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Englebert wrote:
    I just don't get your c-store rage. Especially when you were talking about Tellarites powers where you said it all started. That pigheaded trait was so useless I deleted my RA 5 tactical officer. Because I was giving up to much with it and being forced to take sturdy with it. I made a Bajoran to replace him. Three out of the four races I bought were gimps. Nothing game changing about any race or ship in the game in my opinion.

It's a stupid trait, but it's a trait. A mechanical effect on gameplay. TRIBBLE, yes, because it deals with mechanics that are handled sloppily. It's the first crossing of the line and there's a clear trend now established of going farther and farther. For example, the Caitian traits are actually quite useful and the automatic one includes the bonuses of several other traits in a single selection. Gameplay is affected. Balance has nothing to do with it, though the balance of new offerings are increasingly questionable.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Unfortunately I have to agree with Jax on this one. When I opened up the powers tray for my T5 Excelsior my jaw hit the floor. I saw 9, count them, 9 new transwarps! I spent the better part of a week getting the three that come with the diplomatic ranks (diplomatic experience grinding - <shudder> ). Honestly, I'm glad they nerfed the officer slots on that thing because it definitely would have been waaaay too op'd if they hadn't.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ship was never my cup of tea. I always found it fugly.

But, to each his own.

I do have a burning question though. Why does this ship have the accurate gold logo and red striping on the side when no other ship in the game has it?

I really need an answer to this as I though it a licensing issue 'til now.

It has always bugged me that the Galaxy has no gold logo and brown stipes on the nacells, and no logo at all on the ehgineering hull.

What gives?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It's a stupid trait, but it's a trait. A mechanical effect on gameplay. TRIBBLE, yes, because it deals with mechanics that are handled sloppily. It's the first crossing of the line and there's a clear trend now established of going farther and farther. For example, the Caitian traits are actually quite useful and the automatic one includes the bonuses of several other traits in a single selection. Gameplay is affected. Balance has nothing to do with it, though the balance of new offerings are increasingly questionable.

See I just don't think it crossed the line. It was a TRIBBLE version of the fury trait. Fury when below 50% health increases damage by 10% and I think it may get up to 20% at some point like if you are at 25% health. These are all estimates since there was no damage meter I was trying to average it by just game play.

The Caitian's are the only race I have bought that was worth anything. I should be upset that the races they offer are so gimpy but I'm not. They only thing they have lunge which is by choice which has a 25% chance to knock down an opponent. Which all races can knock down with rifle butt and they can jump higher. So basically they come with jump and and 10% exploit. That 10% chance to reduce damage I can't tell from many hours in Breaking the Planet that it does anything. I noticed no difference in the science officer I rebuilt.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    my jaw hit the floor. I saw 9, count them, 9 new transwarps!
    Yeah, I know. This is my only real beef with this ship.

It makes those three transwarps we ground out look kind of measly and adds yet another gameplay element (convenient, time saving travel) one must pay extra cash for.

I don't like that at all.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Chances are they will offer transwarp to everyone later. Whether it's transwarp gates or something when the new is wore off it the masses will get some way to transwarp to more locations.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Just put the extra transwarp icons into a teir system attached to diplomacy like the first three. I notice we still get diplomacy xp after cap, so maybe this is the plan after the...fervor...dies down. I would hope so anyways.
    Not having these available to get ingame and on something other than a cruiser is very limiting imo.

Oh, and please, I need an answer to the logo thing. I will see the non-existant gold chevron and ugly brown stripes everytime I fly my Galaxy retrofit now.

Edit: And just a reminder. The right side nacell lettering on the Defiant is still borked too. Not to mention the nav lights. Just a gentle reminder, I know there is alot on the plate right now.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    We don't know if these races and ships will be available to get in game later on. Maybe after a year and they made the profits they wanted they may put them in for badges. Either way they will be ridiculed if they don't offer them in game. Or by the people who bought them if they add them later.