test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC XBOX 360 Controller

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I would like to know if the XBOX 360 microsoft for the pc controller can also be used to control and move my character or ship? I will probably still need to use the pc keyboard though right fot typing messages?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Try this existing thread here mate: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=91705

Bit of a nightmare trying to get it to work if you are like me but if you stick to the basic binds in the first post it really does work well.
    Trick is to put the commands as written into the chat text box.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It would be nice if it was implemented properly like it is with champions online, i mean there are lots of pc users out there who own the 360 pads.
  • Options
    reaper21c#6629 reaper21c Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm still confused about how a game that is available on consoles and pc already, lacks any controller input mapping when players have expressed interest. I would think at minimum they would just use a copy a bare bones variation consoles use, at least that would provide a functional level of use that players could further customize to their liking.
    I play on pc using a naga trinity & Tartarus V2 pro from Razer, and it is a solid combo for all the rpg mode control type. However, there are times playing games with controller is a nice option, especially if you want to play when somewhere that bringing out your peripherals used on a pc. Or if your lazy and feel like playing from a couch or something else.
    Either way the controller input option, even if it is just core level and will require more mapping as you progress.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.