test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jaws + 35

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Ten Forward
So Jaws turns 35 today. For those of us who are old enough to remeber either the movie making us or our parents scared to go into the water, what do you think?
Share your experiences with Jaws. What franchise would make a good crossover? Should they do a reboot with a younger, flashier cast? Should we get Megan Fox to play the bait girl at the beginning of the film?

Whadjathink?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So Jaws turns 35 today. For those of us who are old enough to remeber either the movie making us or our parents scared to go into the water, what do you think?
    Share your experiences with Jaws. What franchise would make a good crossover? Should they do a reboot with a younger, flashier cast? Should we get Megan Fox to play the bait girl at the beginning of the film?

Whadjathink?

While I'm not old enough to have seen the movie when it came out I did love it when I did see it, but my love of water overrode any worries of sharks. And crossover doesnt sound like a good idea. If they try to reboot it I'lll feed the cast and crew to a real great white the orginal is wonderful as is and yes Megan Fox dying horribly by shark attack sounds like an awesome idea.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I saw it when I was ten and fell in love. I have an autographed script I bought of ebay and a 3D movie poster I bought at Disney's MGM (I was so mad, they had a Romulan Disruptor Pistol studio prop for 900 bucks and I was unable to buy it :( ) That "3-d" is really more like a diorama shadow-boxy type of 3d... love it.

While I would love them to run it in theaters again I want it done like they did Star Wars, keep it original but put in the deleted scenes and touch up the quality. NO ACTORS ALIVE could do it like the first, that movie was an absolute timeless classic and by remaking it you would be infringing on a piece of cinema which is essentially sacred.

I mean every bit of that movie was perfect and touching it would make me wanna hurt people more than when I heard the Crazy Train remake done by a rapper. NO.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It was an awesome movie, and while a re-make would certainly allow us to see the shark better and might update the time for younger audiences, it would not be Jaws to me. Even if they followed the script as much as possible and shot the scenes exactly the same it still wouldn't be Jaws to me.

That aside they can go ahead and make a re-make. Why not.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I was afraid of my bathtub after watching Jaws. I started taking showers after that...

Then Arachnaphobia came out, and that shower scene was scary enough.

Now I just let the dog lick me.
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Whadjathink?

I think we should ***** slap you for thinking such things.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    35 just means that the shark can put in for it's pention and retire now.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Jaws? Never saw it. Then again, I was born in 1991....
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    MGDawson wrote: »
    Jaws? Never saw it. Then again, I was born in 1991....

n00b
    I graduated high school in 1991.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Vrano wrote:
    n00b
    I graduated high school in 1991.

Ah, well, youth before beauty....:D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ah, well, youth before beauty....:D

Shoot, I was in the Navy while you were still in diapers. :p
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Vrano wrote:
    Shoot, I was in the Navy while you were still in diapers. :p

you mean a rustbucket held together with paint and blutack? ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    you mean a rustbucket held together with paint and blutack? ;)

Well, I won't dispute the truth of that statement, hehe.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Jaws was and is a wonderful movie that mixes human drama, monster movie, and horror elements seemlessly together. Today its considered a classic movie and I highly recomend it to everyone.

I dont remember when I first saw Jaws, but I remember when I was 4 or 5 years old I saw Jaws 3 for the first time and it sparked my fascination with sharks. Ive done a lot of solo studying with sharks over the years and at one time even considered becoming a marine biologist just to study them but that didnt happen. I've even gone to Africa just to watch Great whites breeching the water to capture seals. Theyre amazing creatures that I love to watch and oddly I've never really felt scared of them. Like with any predator youre around Im certainly wary of their power and the real danger they present but scared? No not really.

I think a remake of Jaws is out of the question, the film is already a classic although I would be interested in seeing a new Jaws movie, either an offshoot or a new sequel. Although Im not sure how they could do another sequel and make it believable
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    zander wrote:
    Jaws was and is a wonderful movie that mixes human drama, monster movie, and horror elements seemlessly together. Today its considered a classic movie and I highly recomend it to everyone.

I dont remember when I first saw Jaws, but I remember when I was 4 or 5 years old I saw Jaws 3 for the first time and it sparked my fascination with sharks. Ive done a lot of solo studying with sharks over the years and at one time even considered becoming a marine biologist just to study them but that didnt happen. I've even gone to Africa just to watch Great whites breeching the water to capture seals. Theyre amazing creatures that I love to watch and oddly I've never really felt scared of them. Like with any predator youre around Im certainly wary of their power and the real danger they present but scared? No not really.

I think a remake of Jaws is out of the question, the film is already a classic although I would be interested in seeing a new Jaws movie, either an offshoot or a new sequel. Although Im not sure how they could do another sequel and make it believable

so like i sawed this part where the sharke ated a nekkid chick and i was like, waooooaoo waa thats awesome.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    jaws was an ok movie...it didn't make me very scared though
    the only movie i ever saw that scared me was arachniphobia... i saw it when i was 7 years old....i was scared of spiders for a good 3 weeks but slowly learned to conqour this fear (within those 3 weeks ) and after that... nothing really scares me anymore =/