What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Idea for compensation

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If you complete a match and say "that was pathetic" - no.
    If you complete a match and either say "so and so was pathetic" or "/tell Someone@something, You are pathetic" those are ban-able offenses.

It seems rather clear that criticizing behavior and not people in that manner is fine.

In this post he stated
    joe_blue wrote:
    I believe that here we have finally identified the principle behind this "compensation."

It's not about damages, or fairness, it's about a few people wanting to set themselves apart. Utterly pathetic.

He referred to us as pathetic. I was reported for calling a guy who constantly talked about how awesome he was narcissistic and some people who called people like me Gollum jerks. I would say this qualifies as well. I'm trying to prevent more people getting reported.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    superchum wrote: »
    I meant it at face value. A fleetmate of mine wears it. I think it looks great with the uniform he designed.

It's a cool looking badge. To me, at least. And it would seem to some others (like you).

:)

I know my posts sometimes seem aggressive. Sometimes they are. Sometimes they aren't, I just choose to construct them poorly. That's my fault. But when given a chance I will gladly clarify. And in this particular case I meant it ... I think the badge is sweet looking.

I'll agree. That is one of the better looking badges. Its a bit too much to look right on most of my uniforms. But it fits the nature of how its gotten I think.

Much better than the Champions LT emblem, which is a very unfortunate 'L' you can wear on your forehead. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    personae wrote:
    But it fits the nature of how its gotten I think.

Oh yes, every time I put it on a character I hear Bender's voice in my head saying "Ostentatious"
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Damage was done by the way, my trust in the company and damage to my wallet.

If damage was done to your wallet, please quantify it. Tell us how much money you've lost because of this decision.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Which is by Cryptic's standards, offensive.

Darren is correct. I stated that the attitude that holds that damage was done to these people, and that they therefore deserve compensation, is pathetic.

Here, I'll try to state it more clearly: if you believe that you are owed compensation because these items will be placed on the C-Store, your belief, attitude, and argument are pathetic.

As regards you personally, I cannot make any claims, unless you want to consider the quality of your arguments as indications of your personal capabilities.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In this post he stated

He referred to us as pathetic. I was reported for calling a guy who constantly talked about how awesome he was narcissistic and some people who called people like me Gollum jerks. I would say this qualifies as well. I'm trying to prevent more people getting reported.

Not wanting to get into a discussion of forum moderation policies (as that angers Q) I'll simply say that Darren is showing you an improtant distinction. Which is technically covered in the forum guidelines thread which is stickied in each forum. So you can double check it yourself. Or ask one of the moderators to explain it. Or not. But Darren's giving you some valuable advice/insight on the issue.

Other than that, I leave all decisions of that nature to Q.
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Technically, since we seem to enjoy splitting hairs, I was calling the needs of those people who objected to offering items on the C-Store pathetic. That is, their need to set themselves apart, and therefore claim some sort of "special" or "exclusive" status, is pathetic.

So yes, I maintain that their attitude is pathetic. Also, immature, ridiculous, and deserving of scorn.

And their arguments are also pathetic.

I think the real tragedy, if there is one here, is that there is some unfair treatment, and I am sympathetic to that. But the moment you began talking about compensation, you lost my, and most others', sympathy, because you are not entitled to any compensation at all.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    panthro wrote: »
    1 Those that have both co and sto lts get a combadge and trophy for their ready room

2 those that preordered verious bonuses would get com badge and trophy for their ready rooms
    this is not a wether or not we should get compensation or not thread it is if we were to get compensation would these items work so please stop trolling
    /vote no arguing please just vote thank you

I vote No! I don't want another combadge (I don't wear them), and I don't want a trophy. Besides if you were to wear that combadge people would just insult you in game, the way they insult you in the forums now.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    personae wrote:
    Anyway, my only principle here is paying hundreds for something I could have gotten for a few dollars if I waited a month longer to get it. Especially since I did ask them at the time of purchase.

You paid hundreds just for a uniform?

Of course you didn't! You paid hundereds for a LTS to a game. The uniform might have been your motivation, but it is actually only a free item thrown in to the LTS deal to entice more people to buy the deal.

The Mirror Universe Uniform should be in the C-Store, for only a few hundred CPs, and you should be happy that you got yours for free along with your LTS.

You lose absolutely nothing when the item sells on the C-Store, except for your exclusivity, which you have said was not your concern at all........or was it?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    joe_blue wrote:
    Darren is correct. I stated that the attitude that holds that damage was done to these people, and that they therefore deserve compensation, is pathetic.

Here, I'll try to state it more clearly: if you believe that you are owed compensation because these items will be placed on the C-Store, your belief, attitude, and argument are pathetic.

As regards you personally, I cannot make any claims, unless you want to consider the quality of your arguments as indications of your personal capabilities.

So now your calling my beliefs pathetic simply cause you disagree?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Expired comment
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So, who else is excited about tomorrow's C-Store items release?:D

I am, can't wait to buy all of the former exclusives!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Blodveard wrote: »

But will you follow certain posters in this thread around in the game making sure they can see your new exclusives?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    LotD wrote:
    But will you follow certain posters in this thread around in the game making sure they can see your new exclusives?

OOOOOOOh! If one were to do that ... in a RUNABOUT ... it would be like the person had their own Del Taco Runabout! Which would be even more exclusive than the Del Taco Shuttle!
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Well I can honestly say I'm sad I fell for the 20% sale. I blew all my CP on bridge packs :)
    I don't know if I'd be willing to buy more CP just for the TNG uniforms but I'll be considering it. Most likely I'll just wait until there's something unbelievably cool on the C-Store then if I have leftover points I'll get those uniforms.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    OOOOOOOh! If one were to do that ... in a RUNABOUT ... it would be like the person had their own Del Taco Runabout! Which would be even more exclusive than the Del Taco Shuttle!

Del Taco Sidekicking is scheduled for Season 3 I think :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Expired comment
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So now your calling my beliefs pathetic simply cause you disagree?

Well, to be more accurate, I am calling your arguments pathetic for two reasons:

1. they are pathetic arguments because they are founded in pathetic principles, and argued in a pathetic manner, which suggests a pathetic attempt to justify a pathetic need.

2. they are, quite simply, wrong (see above for a hint as to why).

Now, if you actually believe that your arguments are valid and true, then, yes, by extension, your beliefs in this regard are, in fact, pathetic.

As to what I mean by "pathetic," let me state that more than one of the listed definitions applies. You are free to decide which according to whatever you feel will give you the maximal rhetorical advantage, as well as allow you to feign insult.

Please understand, this is not the same as calling you a pathetic person, although, given your fixation on any mention of "doughnuts," I have no doubt you will take it that way.

Nevertheless, certain qualities of character are implied if the above is true.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm sorry we couldn't talk to each other in a more civil manner. I will be leaving this thread on a more permanent basis because I've argued all I can argue and to repeat would be pointless. I wish you all the best, though I have been quite short with ya'll and at points quite rude. I'm sorry we could not have been friendlier about it. We may have different opinions, but we are all people. Goodbye, I have no hard feelings! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010

May I suggest that you roll a Caitian, name her "XxEXCLUSIVExX," give her MU uniforms (no, not a drop of fetishism in that), and have her tool around the quadrant in the U.S.S. LIFETIMEROFL.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    You missed the one where he told me that the only reason he was arguing was to keep us from our...what was it..."self congratulatory bull"?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    joe_blue wrote:
    May I suggest that you roll a Caitian, name her "XxEXCLUSIVExX," give her MU uniforms (no, not a drop of fetishism in that), and have her tool around the quadrant in the U.S.S. LIFETIMEROFL.

A ROFLCOPTER housing an all-female, all-catian crew in a virtual ROFLBROTHEL!

I'm on board with this.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    A ROFLCOPTER housing an all-female, all-catian crew in a virtual ROFLBROTHEL!

I'm on board with this.

And as you chase him around, you have to demand more donuts.
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Not me, when my bonus items show up, I'll remove them and go back to the standard versions.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    panthro wrote: »
    1 Those that have both co and sto lts get a combadge and trophy for their ready room

2 those that preordered verious bonuses would get com badge and trophy for their ready rooms
    this is not a wether or not we should get compensation or not thread it is if we were to get compensation would these items work so please stop trolling
    /vote no arguing please just vote thank you

What would stop cryptic from dropping those in the C-store for the whiners?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Expired comment
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    To be frank here...there should be no compensation because they should just fix there error they have caused. Keep everything that was with the original packs...exclusive to them :)

But again...we have tons and tons of cearbears in this game...so yeah i guess there should be some..compensation

So i vote yes.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Why is this thread still going? this bores me *clap *clap "guards take him away"
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    This thread is still going because there are still people who have not caught up with reality.