test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Want to know what developers are working on? Take a look!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Those are great screeners OP. Thanks for showing those. I don't frequent these forums as much as many do (can't stand the whiners and complainers - tho its gotten better i think), so i missed most of those teaser screeners when Dstahl or whoever leaked them. I like what i see. I can't wait to wander my hallways and go into my ready room or lounge or whatever. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Not bad. Just one issue:
    Klg Ship Interior - Quarters 1

The bed in the Klingon quarters has a mattress. Klingons do not sleep on mattresses like weak humans! :P
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Archanubis wrote:
    The bed in the Klingon quarters has a mattress. Klingons do not sleep on mattresses like weak humans! :P

Maybe it's a really, really hard mattress? :p
  • Options
    edited June 2010

:D I like that answer.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for these screen shots - and the work in putting them in one place!

Just a thought, but surely when you choose your bridge colours, these colours would be spread through out your ship?

July you say for the season 2 update? Great stuff!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Archanubis wrote:
    Not bad. Just one issue:

That's a Captain's Quarters.

In TNG, KDF Captain's had sofas, tassle-pillows, and a coffee table:
    http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Klingon_Bird-of-Prey_captain%27s_quarters.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Is that potpourri in the bowl on the table?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    saint100 wrote: »
    Is that potpourri in the bowl on the table?
    Don't worry - it's Targ Gristle and Gagh Blood scented.
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Well, we all know Duras was never a typical Klingon anyway... they're probably all Romulan in origin. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    This all looks awesome and I can't wait to see it all in-game!! Thanks so much for keeping us updated :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    One thing they got wrong with the Diplomatic dress uniform:

Have a look at the ones from ST: Insurrection in comparison to the pic of the work in progress.

Would love to see the DS9 Admiral Uniforms as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    How about pants that match the shirts! That'd be a good place to start
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ellsworth wrote: »
    How about pants that match the shirts! That'd be a good place to start
    sovereign wrote: »
    One thing they got wrong with the Diplomatic dress uniform:

Have a look at the ones from ST: Insurrection in comparison to the pic of the work in progress.

Would love to see the DS9 Admiral Uniforms as well.

I imagine the colors were chosen to show off that different parts of the uniform aren't linked in the tailor color editor.

For example, if many of our existing uniforms defaults to a single color - some players many not realize how much could be customized.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I imagine the colors were chosen to show off that different parts of the uniform aren't linked in the tailor color editor.

For example, if many of our existing uniforms defaults to a single color - some players many not realize how much could be customized.

Yes, that is a partial reason it looks different than the Next Gen Dress Uniform. The real reason is that this Uniform is not meant to be exactly the same as the previously mentioned outfit. It is a new "2409" Diplomatic Dress uniform that has taken a lot of inspiration from the Next Gen dress unis, but it an entirely new beast.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    mhighison wrote: »
    Yes, that is a partial reason it looks different than the Next Gen Dress Uniform. The real reason is that this Uniform is not meant to be exactly the same as the previously mentioned outfit. It is a new "2409" Diplomatic Dress uniform that has taken a lot of inspiration from the Next Gen dress unis, but it an entirely new beast.

Oooooh nifty. ^_^ Now if only we could get more costume slots to amuse ourselves with fashion more. ;P

P.S. I'm a fashion nut, I love having lots of costumes/uniforms available to me. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thanks!

On that note, some of the character designs in the game are awesome! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    wrote:
    Also comes with a pain stick surface and optionally filled with nails. The pain stick functions as alarm bell usually.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    This is one of the best threads I've read in a while.
    I had to double check to make sure I was on the right website, as this thread is lacking all the usual negativity that tends to dominate this forum.

Kudos to you OP for assembling this list of tasty tidbits. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    This is an AWESOME post, THANKS!

Any word yet on if the player Nausicaan and Lethean eyes will match the NPC eyes with all of the updates/changes to the player models?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    They need to work on more facial options. No matter how much I try to tweak my all female human crew, they all still look like sisters, or even twins! They need different eye shapes I think.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    They need more facial textures... the biggest difference is made by the Humanoid 1 or 2 or aged textures for the faces... gives us some more of them and life will be happy.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    They need to work on more facial options. No matter how much I try to tweak my all female human crew, they all still look like sisters, or even twins! They need different eye shapes I think.
    I tried to vary things up with my crew:
    http://yfrog.com/f/afshoguncrewshotj/
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I tried to vary things up with my crew:
    http://yfrog.com/f/afshoguncrewshotj/

How did you make that awesome crew picture?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    How did you make that awesome crew picture?
    1. Got to the tailor - make the outfit you want.

2. Pause at that last screen where you customize the uniforms

3. Hit your print screen button (it should make a screenshot without the UI.

4. Repeat for all your crew

5. Go into Photoshop and add each screenshot as a layer

6. Erase the space background around the characters and place them properly (it'll have this weird paper doll effect with the layers).

7. Post to gloat on the official Star Trek Online forums

8. Sit back and put the lime in the coconut and drink 'em all up.
    Done!

:D
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Good plan, poorly executed.

We have multiple canon references to what uniforms should look like in the early 25th Century (Among others Voyagers "Endgame" set in 2404). One would assume that Starfleet personnel on space stations and NPC starships would have the official Starfleet uniform style of this time period.

As a few suggestions:
    - Admiral Quinn should be given a canon Admiral's Uniform for this time period
    - The Commander in the "promotion ceremony" should be given a dress uniform for this time period

http://www.st-spike.org/pages/uniforms/2395-2405/uniforms.htm

The images in the above link may be rather small, but they quite clearly show off each department variant as well as the Admirals variant.

I realize you (Cryptic) are looking to use your own style in Star Trek Online, but shouldn't canon be adhered to when possible? As such as the case in regards to uniform style for the early 25th Century.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Good plan, poorly executed.

We have multiple canon references to what uniforms should look like in the early 25th Century (Among others Voyagers "Endgame" set in 2404). One would assume that Starfleet personnel on space stations and NPC starships would have the official Starfleet uniform style of this time period.

As a few suggestions:
    - Admiral Quinn should be given a canon Admiral's Uniform for this time period
    - The Commander in the "promotion ceremony" should be given a dress uniform for this time period

http://www.st-spike.org/pages/uniforms/2395-2405/uniforms.htm

The images in the above link may be rather small, but they quite clearly show off each department variant as well as the Admirals variant.

I realize you (Cryptic) are looking to use your own style in Star Trek Online, but shouldn't canon be adhered to when possible? As such as the case in regards to uniform style for the early 25th Century.

Well, it is 2409. 5 years can make a difference. I like the Admiral Uniform.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Its really not hard to get diff. looks for your BO's. I often find I hit randomize a few times til I find a look I can play with and tweak and looks completely diff. from my other BO's.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Undine Settlement ... O.o .. i call dibs on that planet.. the rest of you can have vulcan :O
  • Options
    edited June 2010

They need vertical cheekbone sliders. Moving the cheekbones up and down would help a lot with this.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Felderburg wrote: »
    They need vertical cheekbone sliders. Moving the cheekbones up and down would help a lot with this.

Sure would be nice if my character could smile. :P
This discussion has been closed.