test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STOked 33 Goodbye to Gozer

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
"It’s casual Tuesday with this episode of STOked, we join up with our fleet Jupiter Force and rip around the Milky Way Galaxy with phasers blazing, and our camera recording!

Plus Gozer stops by to chat with us one last time while he’s still an employee of Cryptic, the makers of Star Trek Online.

Then we go over the best non-combat mission ideas that were sent in, including one that involves a series of mini games!"

STOked 33

Disclaimer.... I have nothing to do with these fine gentlemen, but I love the show, and I do my best to post STO news on the forums. Please don't sent me any questions or anything because I can't help you. Also don't shoot the messenger this isn't Sparta.

Also on a side note I will not be able to post much until late tonight after I knock my last final out of the park, so if you have complaints, hate mail or anything else, chances are I will not be able to see your tomfoolery until tomorrow, that is if I care about it. :D

once again I have nothing to do with these guys, but enjoy.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    thanks!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I wish that I could shoot the messenger.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    He said he dident care about the bad comments on the forum about the STF's. Yeah we now that they dident listen to the players at all about the STF missions.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Keep this on the front page, I will watch this later tonight when I get home and settled in.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sizman wrote:
    Keep this on the front page, I will watch this later tonight when I get home and settled in.

You can visit their website any time you like, regardless of where this thread is.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Omega_X wrote:
    I wish that I could shoot the messenger.

Ok I'm in between classes, but I think this post falls under THIS :D:p:D:p now I'm out of here.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    Ok I'm in between classes, but I think this post falls under THIS :D:p:D:p now I'm out of here.

Luckily, moderators aren't that stupid as to not get the phrase.

You, on the other hand...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Omega_X wrote:
    Luckily, moderators aren't that stupid as to not get the phrase.

You, on the other hand...

Oh yea that right I don't get it that is why I added the BIG GRIN :D:D:D:D to my post. As long as you don't do THIS, then we should be fine.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ugh...

I guess giant pits are common where you're from.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Maybe they can work on real raid content with Gozer leaving. Maybe real difficulty in the STFs and not just buff up all borgs then talk several borg short buses and dump them into every ground STFs sq ft.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Omega_X wrote:
    Ugh...

I guess giant pits are common where you're from.

Yea..... we build them in the towns, they have on real reason for being their, but we build them in every town just because we can. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    tyyy wrote: »
    He said he dident care about the bad comments on the forum about the STF's. Yeah we now that they dident listen to the players at all about the STF missions.

Thats not what he meant, he meant that he didn't take any of the comments personally, didn't let them get him down.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    tyyy wrote: »
    Half the posts on the forums are complete TRIBBLE*. I can't blame him.

* this response is also complete TRIBBLE as it adds nothing constructive ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Summit wrote: »
    Thats not what he meant, he meant that he didn't take any of the comments personally, didn't let them get him down.

Ah my fault sry. :o

I still feel they dident listen to the players about the raids. My opinion
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Obsidius wrote: »
    Half the posts on the forums are complete TRIBBLE*. I can't blame him.

* this response is also complete TRIBBLE as it adds nothing constructive ;)

A staggering amount of it comes from blue names.

Anywho, STFs needs new eyes. And what better way to do it is with the guy handling them to leave it to someone else.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Great episode fellas.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Those mini game suggestions were jaw droppingly awesome.

Cryptic needs to hire that guy.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Jaesun wrote:
    Those mini game suggestions were jaw droppingly awesome.

Cryptic needs to hire that guy.

Agreed, those... wow, just wow
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    Agreed, those... wow, just wow

Really i myself think the game has more pressing issues like an actualy meaningful war wich will give klingons their right place in the game.

Better crafted gear that is better in pvp and decays then anything bought with marks so crafters will allways have an economy.

None combat missions like diplomacy and such that actually gives something to the side eaven for klngons.

Toning down burst damage to make fights longer is oki to but if they forget to fix the npcs in the coming updates there will be a lot of angry posts on the forums.

allmost forgot Thanx Gozer for hard work and some good story telling good luck with anything else you work on! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    love those non-combat mission ideas
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    incredibly long, but I really enjoyed the minigame focus at the end.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    tarjan wrote: »
    Really i myself think the game has more pressing issues like an actualy meaningful war wich will give klingons their right place in the game.

Better crafted gear that is better in pvp and decays then anything bought with marks so crafters will allways have an economy.

None combat missions like diplomacy and such that actually gives something to the side eaven for klngons.

Toning down burst damage to make fights longer is oki to but if they forget to fix the npcs in the coming updates there will be a lot of angry posts on the forums.

allmost forgot Thanx Gozer for hard work and some good story telling good luck with anything else you work on! :)

I agree with you, but those mini-game ideas are awsome and they would be quick to do, Cyptic should look into this guy's ideas.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Kirkfat wrote: »
    incredibly long

28min is "incredibly" long? My, how attention spans have fallen in recent years! ;)

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, guys...

To the poster (Tarjan) saying there are more important things than mini-games -- I generally agree. The examples given in this episode were only put forth under the umbrella of "non-combat mission ideas," and not TOP PRIORITY FIX IT NOW sort of stuff.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I enjoy watching Stoked every week it's something new and I hope Gozer has fun in his new adventures were ever they maybe.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Borticus wrote: »
    28min is "incredibly" long? My, how attention spans have fallen in recent years! ;)

For a podcast of this quality? Yep.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Borticus wrote: »

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, guys...

To the poster (Tarjan) saying there are more important things than mini-games -- I generally agree. The examples given in this episode were only put forth under the umbrella of "non-combat mission ideas," and not TOP PRIORITY FIX IT NOW sort of stuff.

Hey, Bort...

I'd be especially curious to get your feedback on Bridge Officer Character Arcs: System Proposal as I know you're both a brass bolts MMO player who isn't necessarily looking for roleplay/sim elements and someone who is a huge Star Trek geek.

I'm thinking of ways to really enhance and properly present the idea, inspired by the mini-games poster.

My gut reaction is that the idea itself isn't something that would necessarily win you over but a cool set of ideas for executing it could win you over, which makes you the perfect test audience: someone who can go beyond the concept and think about the idea at a systems level, tell me what to keep and what to cut, what you need and what you can do without.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm sure the content of these Stoked shows are interesting, but I'm afraid I just can't watch it... the personalities of the 2 hosts are ... irritating.. they grate on my nerves for some reason.

I got as far as the part where they started talking to Gozer for few minutes.. but I had to shut it off, the 2 hosts just annoyed me too much with the nature and manner in which they asked questions.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hathur wrote: »
    I'm sure the content of these Stoked shows are interesting, but I'm afraid I just can't watch it... the personalities of the 2 hosts are ... irritating.. they grate on my nerves for some reason.

I got as far as the part where they started talking to Gozer for few minutes.. but I had to shut it off, the 2 hosts just annoyed me too much with the nature and manner in which they asked questions.

To bad, they had a lot of really good stuff at the end of it in their mail section.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I liked the part on the mini-game sections too. I would like to see poker added as a recreational minigame, something like the one on facebook. It would be fun to play against other STO players, or even your own BOFFs, and I would think it would be fairly easy to implement.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    captbavo wrote: »
    I liked the part on the mini-game sections too. I would like to see poker added as a recreational minigame, something like the one on facebook. It would be fun to play against other STO players, or even your own BOFFs, and I would think it would be fairly easy to implement.

One oft he greatest series ( TNG ) ended with a poker game
    , there is no doubt that Poker is part of star trek, and needs to be part of it. even as just a mini game for fun only