test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Runabout - 2 Universal BO and slightly increased damage and hull

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Federation Discussion
The runabout is great fun to use, and I recently started to new char to use 1 as a replacement for the miranda in the early missions and PvP. (Also made "Danube Lieutenants" fleet for low lvl pvp with a least 1 runabout in each team).

Makes for REALLY challenging early missions, such as when u have to take on a BS by yourself or defend against a Dreadnought till help arrives.

Suggested improvements
-COST should not cost as much a Captain ship and should be more accesible to Lt's so cost around 30K maybe available at Earth Spacedock
-2 Universal BO stations (I'm sure we have seen 3 people in a runabout before - makes them slightly more versatile and gives em more chance to survive)
-Damage output is way too low - Cannons at point blank arent gonna have the damage output of beam arrays on a Miranda
-Hull and Shield - scaled up a bit (Even with my PvP team spamming Eng and Sci team on the Danube it still goes down too quickly)
-Starship Command should affect Runabout, and maybe some higher level Tactical ship skills

Yes the runabout is very maneuverable but it isn't actually that fast so doesn't have much chance of running from a BoP or maneuvering out the way of their fore cannons.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I guess few of us are interested in the Runabouts, but another thought is that the speed should be boosted or Klingon BoP turn rate reduced - even with Hyper Impulse II it's not possible to orbit the BoP's without them still having their Cannons trained on u.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    They really shouldn't even let these things into PvP matches.

If they're going to be a serious ship they need a massive increase in Evasion or something. As it is, I consider using a Runabout in PvP to be a form of griefing, because all they are is a free kill for the enemy.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Are you insane ?? The Runabout is allready the most overpowered Ship there is !
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I wouldn't mind seeing a second bridge officer station added to them, even if it costs something to add it. I don't think they should be god ships or be able to take out anything more than B'rel BoPs without help though. I enjoy flying a Runabout and wish it were slightly stronger.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I would rather have one Universal above Ensign than 2 Ensigns. A Commander rank Universal slot. Just like away teams, the highest ranking officers were always the ones flying around in shuttles.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    TRIBBLE that, I want complete interiors for my runabout.:D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    K-Tar wrote:
    TRIBBLE that, I want complete interiors for my runabout.:D

Your mom called she asked you exit the basement and try that Job and or Girlfriend thing again...

:eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    LnD-Rash wrote: »
    Are you insane ?? The Runabout is allready the most overpowered Ship there is !

He's right you know to give you an idea of how powerful the Runabout is, compared to the Miranda it has about 40% the DPS output per weapon slot (26% in total), 50% Hull, 50% Shield capacity and regeneration, 133% speed and 250% turn rate.

And yeah the main requirement is that they should be a viable alternative to the light cruiser at the Lt levels and have an appropriate cost. Although 2 Universal BO slots at Commander level would be nice so at least they scale up a bit.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Runabouts have room for 4 people in the cockpit, so that's technically 3 BOs, not to mention the space in the back for 20 odd people and two science statin as seen in "timescape". The runabout really should be at a lieutenant pricerange honestly, by the time you get it as captain, it's just a gimmick.

And there should be two runabout flavours, Runabout and Runabout+torpedo mount. Maybe hte torpedo mount edition is the "higher level" one with multiple BO slots, i dont know.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Lugh wrote: »
    Your mom called she asked you exit the basement and try that Job and or Girlfriend thing again...

:eek:

I did not. stop telling lies, young man... thing.