Install Arc
Options

Infected = Insanity

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    wgc01 wrote: »
    Did not get a chance to get to deep into in on launch day we were a little rushed on time, but the encounter seemed fun, I hope it takes a few tries to learn it and beat it, nothng worse than waltzing into a new encounter and beating on the first try, then it's kind whats the point after that.. A challenge is something this game has needed, looking forward to the next ones..:)

I agree, we finished it today witha Fleet group, but it was damn hard, just the way we like it. :)

If they keep up with making the STF's like that I'm going to be a happy bunny
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I love a challenge as much as the next person, but I've tried for 2 days now with 2 very well equipped and competent teams that were ALL on ventrilo voice coordinating to complete this raid.. I just have to say its horrible, with the constant respawns on the borg on each platform with the shield generators you have to upload the virus into, collision detection for players jumping from box to box, etc, etc. And when you finally get to the boss she comes out and 2-3 shot kills most members of the team, no matter how much healing they receive. Im very dissappointed in this raid and i hope cryptic already has people working on fixes for it.

I know there are plenty of "fanboys" saying how great it is that they can complete the instance and other people cannot, but the general consensus from all the team members was that the instance has too many bugs (i.e. borg melee'ing you inside the shields on each platform) and it was poorly and hastily thrown together without much testing. I just came out of a 4 hour stretch of "Infected" and once again failed to complete it. Not from lack of skill or not having the top-tier gear equipped but from bugs in gameplay.

If this is the kind of content we can expect in the future, I will be canceling my subscription.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dubbletoke wrote:
    I love a challenge as much as the next person, but I've tried for 2 days now with 2 very well equipped and competent teams that were ALL on ventrilo voice coordinating to complete this raid.. I just have to say its horrible, with the constant respawns on the borg on each platform with the shield generators you have to upload the virus into, collision detection for players jumping from box to box, etc, etc. And when you finally get to the boss she comes out and 2-3 shot kills most members of the team, no matter how much healing they receive. Im very dissappointed in this raid and i hope cryptic already has people working on fixes for it.

I know there are plenty of "fanboys" saying how great it is that they can complete the instance and other people cannot, but the general consensus from all the team members was that the instance has too many bugs (i.e. borg melee'ing you inside the shields on each platform) and it was poorly and hastily thrown together without much testing. I just came out of a 4 hour stretch of "Infected" and once again failed to complete it. Not from lack of skill or not having the top-tier gear equipped but from bugs in gameplay.

If this is the kind of content we can expect in the future, I will be canceling my subscription.

The only thing that needs fixing, is your tactics. We beat her again today, with 4 people and no science officer, and very little trouble.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    As I stated before, there will be fanboys stating how uber they are etc..... but 75% of the endgame players have the same opinion. I know it CAN be done, but i have the right to state my opinions just as you have the right to rebut. As an MMO veteran of 8 Years it is my opinion that the instance needs revamping so normal players that might not be uber equipped and have a full team on ventrilo/teamspeak voice coordinating can complete it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dubbletoke wrote:
    As I stated before, there will be fanboys stating how uber they are etc..... but 75% of the endgame players have the same opinion. I know it CAN be done, but i have the right to state my opinions just as you have the right to rebut. As an MMO veteran of 8 Years it is my opinion that the instance needs revamping so normal players that might not be uber equipped and have a full team on ventrilo/teamspeak voice coordinating can complete it.

Agreed this needs revamped badly..hard is good.....6 &*%(*^% hours over 2 nights is a joke
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The only thing that needs fixing, is your tactics. We beat her again today, with 4 people and no science officer, and very little trouble.

5 of us, on ventrilo blue and purple equipped, I myself over 12 years of mmo experience, 30 of video game experience and I have to say:

This is a terribly painful, long, non challanging GRIND. Waste of time, the respawning of the borg on the platforms makes it next to impossible to get the shields down, which we were successful in doing. 3 hours of stuck in walls, killing endless non challenging borg, we finally got the queen out only to have the entire team 2 shotted out once each person pulled aggro.

10+ reattempts to get the shield down, people falling in water etc and our team broke after 4 hours. No reward tons of time sunk.

Let me explain something to you, making any mmo require twitch fingers to be successful is fool hearted and stacked with failure. Too much lag, poor character control, collision detection alll make for a very poor experience.

Did you want to challenge us? or punish us?

Hard is one thing stupidly repetitive and poor mechanics is another.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Billy.Mays wrote:
    5 of us, on ventrilo blue and purple equipped, I myself over 12 years of mmo experience, 30 of video game experience and I have to say:

This is a terribly painful, long, non challanging GRIND. Waste of time, the respawning of the borg on the platforms makes it next to impossible to get the shields down, which we were successful in doing. 3 hours of stuck in walls, killing endless non challenging borg, we finally got the queen out only to have the entire team 2 shotted out once each person pulled aggro.

10+ reattempts to get the shield down, people falling in water etc and our team broke after 4 hours. No reward tons of time sunk.

Let me explain something to you, making any mmo require twitch fingers to be successful is fool hearted and stacked with failure. Too much lag, poor character control, collision detection alll make for a very poor experience.

I don't find anything you said to be true.

I'm going to fraps the boss room tomorrow, to demonstrate how easy this can be.

Some people can figure things out, and some cannot. Until you find tactics that work, it's going to seem impossible. Like all problems, once the answer is handed to you, it seems obvious.

It's only going to get more challenging, so this is a great way to weed out the players that can't overcome adversity, work together, and solve simple puzzles.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I do not care what you find. How do you "find" any way? You at my house? watching my comp? I doubt it. You only make your self look like a fool with a statement such as this. Please just go away if this is how you discuss things.

Some people can figure things out, and some cannot. Until you find tactics that work, it's going to seem impossible. Like all problems, once the answer is handed to you, it seems obvious.

As i said, we figured it out, still does not nullify the grind and time it takes to do it. It sucks. Most people do not have 2-4 hours a day to do ONE mission.

It's only going to get more challenging, so this is a great way to weed out the players that can't overcome adversity, work together, and solve simple puzzles.

What do you add to this thread? NOTHING, not one thing. You are the epitome of troll.

Let me remind you this is a GAME, if it is unenjoyable people will not pay to play and you will be running around empty space stations talking about how leet you are, alone.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I'm going to add my voice to the throng saying this encounter is too difficult, and this attitude of trying to 'weed out' those with 'inferior tactics' is pugnacious. I've beaten the ***** a couple of times myself, but that changes nothing.

I am firmly of the belief that these missions should be able to be completed by a reasonably competent PUG with decent gear without the necessity of voice-comms. Your belief seems to want to - well - restrict enjoyment of the end-game to the top 5% - those who you feel 'deserving' - which of course includes yourself.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    nyg316 wrote: »
    The respawns of areas you already cleared was crazy. Especially since the revive respawn point was all the way at the start of the mission. My team had to reclear areas and their 'nodes' twice, which is total b.s. I know, I know, they are the Borg. They adapt and repair...hogwash!

I had a great time not completing the mission. The space battle at the start was cool. It took coordinated effort, but was won fairly quickly. But the ground was like a crazy bee-hive. Again, I had fun, but the respawns were just insane. And the ambushes while engaged in combat was a nice touch, but again, insane.

Our biggest problem was we lost 1 of our team soon after ground combat begun on the station. So we were down to 4. We made it about halfway through the map w/out our 5th captain (who should be a damn ensing if he did not dc and just quit w/out a word). But after numerous deaths and suicide runs to take out the nodes, and finally getting a little momentum, we lost a second captain. With 3 of us left, we didnt even bother to continue.

To my teammates, thanks for the effort. It was a good day to die, even if we werent Klingon! :D

My reccommendation, even though I know there will be people who beat this, is re-examine the respawn points and the enemy respawns...or at least one or the other. I will try again as soon as my blood pressure drops. (lol)

Just played 12hrs STARBASE 82 and i manage to get to the end but with noobie players i CANT FINISH!! People quit just before level is complete :) I hope cryptic does not bring any more maps until this is fixed.Maybe a queue type of solution.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    DarKcS wrote: »
    You think that's bad? We got to the end and you need 3 people to scan 3 poles to disable a shield 4 seperate times, to get to each poit you need to jump across boxes, you die instantly if you fall and you can't respawn. If more than 2 die, you don't have enough to continue, you suicide and it all resets.
    Heck even when you stay alive long enough the shields come back up and even when you're clearing out single points, Borg just beam back in to replace those dead.

With the average skill of random players trying to beat this annoying nonsense is ridiculous.

I think it would be better if once we cleared the borg from a shield they stayed dead, could there not be nodes at the four corners?

I used to like the puzzles in Star wars galaxies, when you destroyed the other factions bases. and perhaps something like that in each corner also, as the silly jump jump, is not very cleaver and you only have to have an internet glitch to mean you have to rerun the whole lot again!

A better way to rez player that fall in the coolant!
    Rant off
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    wrote:
    I absolutely love the pve QQ cries of how tough this is. Brilliant. Absolutely fantastic. It's about time easy mode got turned off and people have to build a coherent, balanced team to win something.

Can't wait for the 'ideal group' thread....healer, shield-eng, grenade-tac, etc, etc...oh joy.

Just brilliant.
    i agree, i loved this mission and how hard it was. in terms of difficulty the rest of the game is a joke, far to easy.
    please cryptic leave infected as it is, their will always be some gamer who cant hack playing at a proper game difficulty.
    and by the way my team beat infected, the last room is the only real trouble if you know what your doing and even then its just about having a well sorted team who have dicussed what their doing before hand. also you can rez people who fall in coolant and get them to saftey.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Mazrim-IRL wrote: »
    i agree, i loved this mission and how hard it was. in terms of difficulty the rest of the game is a joke, far to easy.
    please cryptic leave infected as it is, their will always be some gamer who cant hack playing at a proper game difficulty.
    and by the way my team beat infected, the last room is the only real trouble if you know what your doing and even then its just about having a well sorted team who have dicussed what their doing before hand. also you can rez people who fall in coolant and get them to saftey.

Amen.

Everyone can res... can it get any easier?!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Billy.Mays wrote:
    I do not care what you find. How do you "find" any way? You at my house? watching my comp? I doubt it. You only make your self look like a fool with a statement such as this. Please just go away if this is how you discuss things.

Nerd Rage much?

rofl. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nerd Rage much?

rofl. :D

What does this mean? How can you conclude rage? Or is that something cool you heard on the "internetz" once and wanted so desperately to try and sneak in, thinking it would make you look witty? You have for sure shown your true colors, and exposed yourself. All credibility that you may have had is gone now. Proof positive your communication skills are on the level of a troll.

You clearly miss the big picture, but i am sure you do in real life as well. You are like the janitor who feels he is smarter than the ceo, yet you show up for work everyday and take out the garbage. If you understood anything about games like this you would have come to this conclusion:

Having anything in a mmorpg that excludes 95% of the populace excludes 95% of the paying customer.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Why on earth would weeding players out be a good thing? You have a rather high opinion of yourself. Are you sure you aren't Garth of Izar in disguise? :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    the only real problem at the last room is that most players dont know how to use their abilities.i ve spent 10 hours in that room,we had the queen down at 2%,3 mates were dead,1 had aggro in melee and the other could revive us all....we screamed in chat REZZ REZZ HELP etc....but he didnt read.he even didnt recognize that 3 members are dead and 1 of them is UNDER HIS SHOES.of course both died then.

And the ?healers? never heal...1 healer told me: use your hypos,an other thought he is john rambo etc.

i believe if you have a grp where everyone knows his job its easy done.

but thats cryptics fault....the first raidisode had to be a littlebit easier because the whole game was to easy until now.you never needed a grp/fleet/friend for any mission.it would be better when the BOs are not with you on away team missions,so you must earn some "team" experience.everyone is a "killer" on the solo missions and let the BOs do the healing jobs.thats why most admirals are noobs.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Too much stick, not enough carrot.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Until you find tactics that work, it's going to seem impossible. Like all problems, once the answer is handed to you, it seems obvious.
    i believe if you have a grp where everyone knows his job its easy done.

Quoted for truth.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Billy.Mays wrote:
    What does this mean? How can you conclude rage? Or is that something cool you heard on the "internetz" once and wanted so desperately to try and sneak in, thinking it would make you look witty? You have for sure shown your true colors, and exposed yourself. All credibility that you may have had is gone now. Proof positive your communication skills are on the level of a troll.

You clearly miss the big picture, but i am sure you do in real life as well. You are like the janitor who feels he is smarter than the ceo, yet you show up for work everyday and take out the garbage. If you understood anything about games like this you would have come to this conclusion:

Having anything in a mmorpg that excludes 95% of the populace excludes 95% of the paying customer.

Wow, you really ARE nerd raging! Too funny!

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images-2/billy-mays-thumbs.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm of two minds on this one, having completed the final room with some effort (although not so herculean as it initially appeared), twice, both times with PUGs and no voice comms, the mission in general is a bit overly long and grindy, and difficult enough that if a death penalty were implemented, I would not play it. However, as it stands, it's not too difficult given enough perserverance to reach the boss, which is the real hard part.

Getting the shields down is a PITA yes, and if anyone on your team cannot jump it will quickly become a nightmare, but it can be done so long as everyone remains calm and focuses on the task at hand. As with all intricate actions, the greatest enemy is yourself. The boss... Can be a bit difficult since the means to defeating her lie somewhat in her own actions, but she's not insurmountable, just annoying. Like the rest of the mission.

It was a good feeling to beat though, but if rumors are right and we need 75 marks of valor for a single ground weapon, I'm going to cancel and say to hell with endgame content. I am not doing this fifteen times for a split beam rifle. No way in hell.

Edit: As much as a plasma-floor instant death platforming infinately-respawning trash zombieman mob room is terrible, I admit I had a bit of a nostalgia rush at the pace. I felt like I was back playing Doom 2 and shift-sprinting everywhere, spamming my plasma rifle at infinately respawning mobs.

Too bad the archvile is behind a forcefield.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Billy.Mays wrote:

After analysing your problem and devoting considerable time and effort to fnding a solution to your problem our panel of experts has concluded:

YOU SUCK AT INTERNETS..:D:p

4 PPL.....NO MEDIC......1 OF THEM A PUG....AGAINST ALL HOPE....WITH THE ABILITY TO TROLL STUPID WHINEY NOOBS ON THE FORUMS AT STAKE:

Do the dance of victory numfar!!!!!

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8339/4dudesnomedic.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2010

/emote dance_numfar
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    After analysing your problem and devoting considerable time and effort to fnding a solution to your problem our panel of experts has concluded:

YOU SUCK AT INTERNETS..:D:p

4 PPL.....NO MEDIC......1 OF THEM A PUG....AGAINST ALL HOPE....WITH THE ABILITY TO TROLL STUPID WHINEY NOOBS ON THE FORUMS AT STAKE:

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8339/4dudesnomedic.jpg

Does your ego feel better insulting people on a forum?

Come on, people are having problems. My opinion is that people are using exploits to "easily" beat this mission without a healer and 1 person short.

It would be nice to see some actual useful information posted on the forum but I guess that's too much to ask for.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dakirn wrote: »
    Does your ego feel better insulting people on a forum?.

1. My ego needs no help from anything or any one.

Come on, people are having problems. My opinion is that people are using exploits to "easily" beat this mission without a healer and 1 person short.

2. Like most ppl you cannot accept that others may be better or have figured out effective tactics and instead blame the game or accuse them of exploits, now thats ego.

It would be nice to see some actual useful information posted on the forum but I guess that's too much to ask for.

Now this guy had the right idea he did not say that it was the game or that we were cheating or exploiting he just honestly and openly said he needed help and advise asked for it:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=134080

So he got it.:p

• Options
    edited March 2010
    This is easily doable with the right team.
    My fleet wiped the first night but on our second night after knowing what to do we found it quite a simple task.
    Just keep practicing all, the difficulty level is fine as it is.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The thoughest part probably is not to fall into the soup near a death trap. (Death trap = Spots where ressuration is impossible).
    The rest of the mission is pretty easy and the Queen herself is no problem either.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Completed it a 3rd time today.

This time we had a full group of 5, and we got it down to about 2.5 hours.

I recorded the full boss fight, and made a little video which I submitted to FilePlanet. As soon as they approve it, I'll post the link, and everyone that is struggling can see how it's done.

:)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This instance is too long. Too much trash and too much effort for almost no actual gain.

In WoW it used to be called a TRIBBLE-block, until people started quitting the game and Blizzard realised that targetting the AVERAGE player was the solution.

We are not all super-human. And I sure as hell don't have 3 hours at a time to spare for the small chance of 3 downgrades in a combat form I don't play the game for and will never use. Ground gear? What were you thinking??

Seriously. Where's the rest of the ship bosses?

And CE.....what is that all about? If these 2 encounters are the way you intend to take things, you better have made enough money in the first 3 months to call it a day and be in profit.

The average person is........can you guess? Can you?

AVERAGE.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i just wish it were possible to do this mission solo with my bridge officers, I spent as much time prepping them to help me as I did building my own character, just to have them taken away!? I believe this mission is too much for the casual player. Fleet members with the chance to coordinate powers and skills, who are hooked up on teamspeak and spend every waking moment playing this game with each other will probably be the only ones to complete this mission. A random team will not do it.