test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ten-Forward Hurt and Heal game

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Ten Forward
Surprised this hasn't been done before, it's a pretty popular idea. But that's why I'm here, to handle the cliche ideas so you don't have to. :D

Imagine, if you will, a confrontation between the most popular people in Ten-Forward. Not for any crown, not for rulership, but merely for bragging rights. This is that confrontation.

Below, you will find some of the most well-known people in this forum, as well as a short description. The rules are simple: each competitor begins with 10 points. Every time you post, you must 'hurt' one competitor, subtracting 1 point, and 'heal' a separate competitor, adding a point. Once a competitor reaches 0, they are defeated. The last one surviving wins... I don't know, a cool title, something like 'supreme warlord of the arena'. :p

One rule: if you're a competitor, you can't vote to hurt or heal yourself.

With that being said, let's meet the competitors!

Sintar: Ninja'd in like some kind of crazed ninja. I can respect that.

Daevan: The self-proclaimed Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass of the forums, the legendary keeper of the Brushie Bat enters the battle armed only with his wits and intuition. And guns. Lots and lots of guns.

Dekar: Severed from the Borg collective, Dekar has developed delusions of heroism and megalomania... But can he keep his crown?

Ravenstein: The Machiavellian schemer of the forums, Ravenstein enjoys subjugating her enemies with an iron fist. Under her frigid exterior, however, she secretly enjoys long walks on the beach and fluffy bunnies.

Febostaf: The bringer of a bloody revolution that has swept the Ten-Forward forums, and the founder of the Ten-Forward Church itself.

Chat: Chat is everywhere, yet nowhere. She is in the unconsciousness beyond consciousness, and she watches you while you sleep.

Tessa: The closest thing these forums have to The Chick, Tessa has built up quite a following. Her passing resemblance to Felicia Day only helps matters.

Woebetide: Oh, Woe Betide!

Capulet: The designated Action Girl of the forums, Capulet joins the fight by popular demand.

Rusty Diodes: Yet another ninja, the Diodes has been added by popular demand.

So, there are our competitors. Let the games begin!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Daevan wrote:
    Surprised this hasn't been done before, it's a pretty popular idea. But that's why I'm here, to handle the cliche ideas so you don't have to. :D

Imagine, if you will, a confrontation between the six most popular people in Ten-Forward. Not for any crown, not for rulership, but merely for bragging rights. This is that confrontation.

Below, you will find six of the most well-known people in this forum, as well as a short description. The rules are simple: each competitor begins with 10 points. Every time you post, you must 'hurt' one competitor, subtracting 1 point, and 'heal' a separate competitor, adding a point. Once a competitor reaches 0, they are defeated. The last one surviving wins... I don't know, a cool title, something like 'supreme warlord of the arena'. :p

A couple of rules: if you're a competitor, you can't vote to hurt or heal yourself. And you may only vote once every hour.

Daevan: The self-proclaimed Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass of the forums, the legendary keeper of the Brushie Bat enters the battle armed only with his wits and intuition. And guns. Lots and lots of guns.

Dekar: Severed from the Borg collective, Dekar has developed delusions of heroism and megalomania... But can he keep his crown?

Ravenstein: The Machiavellian schemer of the forums, Ravenstein enjoys subjugating her enemies with an iron fist. Under her frigid exterior, however, she secretly enjoys long walks on the beach and fluffy bunnies.

Febostaf: The bringer of a bloody revolution that has swept the Ten-Forward forums, and the founder of the Ten-Forward Church itself.

Chat: Chat is everywhere, yet nowhere. She is in the unconsciousness beyond consciousness, and she watches you while you sleep.

Tessa: The closest thing these forums have to The Chick, Tessa has built up quite a following. Her passing resemblance to Felicia Day only helps matters.

I attack Daevan for implying i'm a meglomaniac...iinsane maybe...but meglomaniac? NAY!

I'll heal tessa cause she is still scared from the last canadian hug we shared....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Daevan wrote:

Imagine, if you will, a confrontation between the six most popular people in Ten-Forward. Not for any crown, not for rulership, but merely for bragging rights. This is that confrontation.

Below, you will find six of the most well-known people in this forum, as well as a short description. The rules are simple: each competitor begins with 10 points. Every time you post, you must 'hurt' one competitor, subtracting 1 point, and 'heal' a separate competitor, adding a point. Once a competitor reaches 0, they are defeated. The last one surviving wins... I don't know, a cool title, something like 'supreme warlord of the arena'. :p

A couple of rules: if you're a competitor, you can't vote to hurt or heal yourself. And you may only vote once every hour.

Hmmm not a competitor...Pffffffft then no rules for me :cool: *heats the blade of a long sword white hot and drives it into Daevan's chest grip first* Cruel attack #22! have fun pulling it out :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Capulet wrote: »
    Hmmm not a competitor...Pffffffft then no rules for me :cool: *heats the blade of a long sword white hot and drives it into Daevan's chest grip first* Cruel attack #22! have fun pulling it out :p

Gah! I was actually going to write you in, as well as a few more people, but 10 seemed a bit too much. :(

So the totals stand at:

Daevan: 8
    Dekar: 10
    Ravenstein: 10
    Febostaf: 10
    Chat: 10
    Tessa: 11
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Capulet wrote: »

They're RP-elitists!!!

I fire-extinguish all competitors and retreat to the USS Tough Sell to hide.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chat heals Daevan by brushing his hair.

(Stole the intraweb at a friends place. muahahahaha)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I vote we add Capulet to the contest...

/assimilates Capulet

Capulet HP:10
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Editing the list to add a few more. :D

And here are the standings:

Daevan: 9
    Capulet: 10
    Woebetide: 10
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    How about adding me to that list? I am a greedy SOB. I kill Daevan with a super-charged plasma assault rifle and steals all of his/her quantum torpedos.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shouldn't Chat be on the list twice?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    /kicks Chat into and industrial meat grinder

/heals Daevan
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chat wrote:

Can the world really handle the sheer awesomeness of two Chats?
    How about adding me to that list? I am a greedy SOB. I kill Daevan with a super-charged plasma assault rifle and steals all of his/her quantum torpedos.

Hmm... I dunno, bribe me. 200,000 credits and your firstborn should do well. :p

And now the standings!

Daevan: 9
    Chat: 9
    Capulet: 10

Tessa's leading the pack so far, while the Daevan and Chat fall slightly behind. The world can't handle our awesomeness, it seems. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chat wrote:

see...further proof that woman are way to insecure.
    Chat..i'm sure your not that fat...its all in your head!

I'm bet you are a lovely person! ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I kill Daevan again and blows up his/her starship.

I heal Capulet. Severing her link to the Collective.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    /hurts Daevan for omitting Tank of Tellar Prime, a.k.a. Rusty Diodes

/heals Chat because she's gonna need it, with such a vast collection of enemies.

Daevan: 7
    Capulet: 11
    Rusty Diodes: 10
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i got to the rules and got confuzzled
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    /dekar heals daeven by injecting him with nanoprobes (not enough to assimilate, just augment him)

dekar does not attack anyone at this time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Heals Dekar with a Steak,Cheese and Bacon Honey-oat sub

Woe does not attack at this time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Woebetide wrote:
    Heals Dekar with a Steak,Cheese and Bacon Honey-oat sub

thats a great idea....i'm going for lunch...

dekar attacks Steak,cheese and bacon honey oat sub...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Did I mention I adore you guys?

I think Rusty_Diodes should totally be in on this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thats a great idea....i'm going for lunch...

dekar attacks Steak,cheese and bacon honey oat sub...

Hmmm om nom nom i like on italian herb & cheese myself but honey oat is a nice change
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    wth? why is this fight on page 2?

i blame chat...

/attacks chat with a piece of cheese...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    /grabs Tessa by the ankles and throws her into a vat of acid. She's needs a little love today.

/heal Dekar
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    /heal Capulet

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Woebetide wrote:
    /heal Capulet

/heals tessa with a big wet canadian hug...nanoprobes and all ;)

Edit...that wasn't supposed to be qouted...but meh lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    /high kicks Capulet in retaliation. But stays away from pulling hair, because that would be mean.
    /heals Dekar... For being made of Canadian awesome.

Yeah, I'm kinda the chick, huh?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    <
    is /hurt for not being included in OP list.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    /heal Tessa with a bunch of flowers

Woe still doesn't attack at this time...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    rwl1919 wrote: »
    <
    is /hurt for not being included in OP list.

My feelings have been shattered as well. I take this as a personal affront and plan to petition this. What are we talking about again?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You left out a coupla tropes for me.
    - Dark Action Girl - Fencing, Melee, Shooting, Archery. Done all that. Pretty good at the first three. Want to add naginatajutsu (spear fighting) to that someday.
    - Fiery Redhead - Redhead
    - Hot Librarian - Even works in a library
    - Meganekko - Wears glasses

Therefore, I am afraid I will just have to hurt you Dekar.
    And might as well heal Chat. Go for it Chat, get out there and tank like a Baneblade!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i heal chat as well, i need to support a saint!