test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release notes 23 Feb 2010 ??

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
No release notes for the patch being applied today (23 Feb 2010)?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    MKDude wrote: »
    No release notes for the patch being applied today (23 Feb 2010)?

They will not post them until either just before 5:00 AM PST or a little bit after 5:00 AM PST.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hmm, in this day and age one would think it possible to pre set the release notes to appear once the patch was posted... Unless they didnt know they were patching there own game.. :confused:

*pats cryptic on the back* its ok mate, youll get it right one day..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What patch?!? :confused: :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    They're up here. Not a lot of stuff, but I'm happy my bugged Bridge Officer got fixed. Hopefully we'll get a content patch on Thursday.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Another faling of them. Even Free to Play Games keep there patch notes current. Saying I do not know what I did is every said statement.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Really? I'm sorry, but keeping your change log updated and accessible is one of the key things regarding development.

It's like the people at Cryptic are all just sitting around thinking posting info about patches must have been done by someone else.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The patch notes were available before 7 AM EST on the main page in the place they always show up first: under Support > Release Notes. Copy/pasting them onto the forums is secondary. Also, it's generally a bad idea to post patch notes before the patch goes live as sometimes patches address exploits and other bugs. Having that information widely published before it has been fixed is an open invitation for mass exploitation.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Xanthe wrote: »
    The patch notes were available before 7 AM EST on the main page in the place they always show up first: under Support > Release Notes. Copy/pasting them onto the forums is secondary. Also, it's generally a bad idea to post patch notes before the patch goes live as sometimes patches address exploits and other bugs. Having that information widely published before it has been fixed is an open invitation for mass exploitation.

I see! Then lets get rid of the "patch notes" section in the LAUNCHER. Since that is "secondary"...

Sure must be hard to smell with that brown nose...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Xanthe wrote: »
    I see! Then lets get rid of the "patch notes" section in the LAUNCHER. Since that is "secondary"...

adigregorio, You do know that you have to be smart first in order to be a smart aleck? Read the part in red.
    DUH!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Further proof that people will complain about just about anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MstrBlonde wrote: »

btw, again no content :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dejin wrote:
    They're up here. Not a lot of stuff, but I'm happy my bugged Bridge Officer got fixed. Hopefully we'll get a content patch on Thursday.

thanks for the link.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Yep. Don't see why these aren't in launcher before anyplace else. They should be going there when the patch goes there.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

If you cant win the argument Flame lol.

Talk about attention seeking.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MstrBlonde wrote: »

yes they will lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Haruen wrote:
    Yep. Don't see why these aren't in launcher before anyplace else. They should be going there when the patch goes there.

This has happened on a few times. If I recall 18th Feb had a large patch, but the release notes were never published to the launcher. This sort of stuff is elementary and should not need to be highlighted by the customer, nevertheless Cryptic seem incapable such simple task.

The funny thing is, the launcher release notes section contains not only the release notes details, but also a link to them on the website. And yet, they cannot even just put a link to the RN notes website page, let alone copy and paste the text into the launcher page.