test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Journey Thread...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Ten Forward
It must be done...

There comes a time in all peoples lives where we need to step back, and appreciate Journey.
Now is that time.

I am listening to Journey as we speak, and i'm overwhelmed with awesomeness.
Lets start a thread talking about how much we love journey! cause its a well established fact everyone loves journey!

Lets start with:
Your favorite Journey song and Why...

GO! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Man, I LOVE Journey! My favorite song has to be "Enter Sandman." The solo is SO BAD*SS. I also like "No More Tears," and "Smells Like Teen Spirit."
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Journey rocks. No, seriously, while bands like the Beatles and the Stones might rock, Journey rocks.

Favorite Journey song? Gotta go with the classic, Don't Stop Believing. Fond memories of getting hammered with friends and belting this song out until we all passed out. :D

Plus, I can actually sing it sober! No chance in hell of anyone here hearing me sing, though. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Arnel! Here we go again lol

But to stay on topic i guess i like the stupid one from family guy lol

'Don't Stop The Feeling'

Was never a big Journey fan, until that stupid episode.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dekar is a fan of "seperate ways"

But its because i'm having a temporary lapse in judgement where i actually miss my crazy ex.
    It will pass ;)

Don't Stop believing IS epic....got more fame cause of Seth Mcfarlene. Dudes a genious! lol
    The new lead singer Arnel is awesomesauce!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    cause its a well established fact everyone loves journey!

Sorry, I didn't get that memo.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Connellism wrote: »
    Sorry, I didn't get that memo.

well thats why i'm here. To make sure you remember what you do like...

man...you'd be so lost with out me.
    you're welcome...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As I said, you truely are Kind of Ten Forward!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    alright...this thread is pretty much useless now. as awesome as journey is...
    i'm onto Breaking Benjamins now...
    I foresee some 3 days grace soon as well....lmao
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm one of those people that likes Journey....but I suck at remembering song titles.

I like rock of most types...

There really are only 3 main types of music I DON'T like...Rap/Hip-Hip, Country, and Disco.

Tho I hate to admit...there are a couple of country songs I kinda like....Proud to be an American, and some of the older country ballads...and some of the 80s rap was just fun...like Beasty Boys and Run DMC.....

But I am a Metal Head thru and thru...even if I don't look like it. I was an avid fan of Headbangers Ball on MTV back in the day. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm one of those people that likes Journey....but I suck at remembering song titles.

I like rock of most types...

There really are only 3 main types of music I DON'T like...Rap/Hip-Hip, Country, and Disco.

Tho I hate to admit...there are a couple of country songs I kinda like....Proud to be an American, and some of the older country ballads...and some of the 80s rap was just fun...like Beasty Boys and Run DMC.....

But I am a Metal Head thru and thru...even if I don't look like it. I was an avid fan of Headbangers Ball on MTV back in the day. :D

When you say you don't like rap or hip-hip, what do you mean?

Because if you mean you don't like the standard "blunts, b*tches, and big-screen TVs" modern mainstream rap, I have to agree. However, have you looked into any less popular forms of rap and hip-hop?

Try out some turntablism and beat science, or if you want to deviate even more, try trip-hop.

DJ Krush is one of my favorite turntablists, and Supreme Beings of Leisure, Portishead, Thievery Corporation, and Massive Attack are some excellent trip-hop bands.

There's a lot of good music out there that either classifies itself as "hip hop" or uses a hip hop beat as its base, and none of it can be found at your local FYE or on the radio.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    When you say you don't like rap or hip-hip, what do you mean?

Because if you mean you don't like the standard "blunts, b*tches, and big-screen TVs" modern mainstream rap, I have to agree. However, have you looked into any less popular forms of rap and hip-hop?

Try out some turntablism and beat science, or if you want to deviate even more, try trip-hop.

DJ Krush is one of my favorite turntablists, and Supreme Beings of Leisure, Portishead, Thievery Corporation, and Massive Attack are some excellent trip-hop bands.

There's a lot of good music out there that either classifies itself as "hip hop" or uses a hip hop beat as its base, and none of it can be found at your local FYE or on the radio.

I've found some that is less annoying to me...but in general...no to most anything from the 90s up to present....Just not my style. Tho...I have to admit...some of Coolio's stuff did amuse me. :D Some of Snoop's stuff isn't so bad either.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    "Stone in Love" and "Only the Young" are a few on a long list of great Journey songs.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Man, I LOVE Journey! My favorite song has to be "Enter Sandman." The solo is SO BAD*SS. I also like "No More Tears," and "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

When you say Enter Sandman do you mean the Journey/Metallica Mashup by Rock Sugar? Don't Stop The Sandman? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKeA3-n27t8 because that's a pretty damn good tune :D

As for Journey classics, I'll take Seperate ways http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbZRMLKozk

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Woebetide wrote:

When you say Enter Sandman do you mean the Journey/Metallica Mashup by Rock Sugar? Don't Stop The Sandman? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKeA3-n27t8 because that's a pretty damn good tune :D

As for Journey classics, I'll take Seperate ways http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbZRMLKozk

thank you for this...never heard that mashup lmao...its epic!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thank you for this...never heard that mashup lmao...its epic!!

as for mashups heh well I'll leave you this one, its not journey but as a child of the 80's I love synth tunes
    I'm an eclectic kinda guy but give me a good synth tune anyday this ones Eurythmics / Donna Summer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akqv4yg9JMo
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Woebetide wrote:

as for mashups heh well I'll leave you this one, its not journey but as a child of the 80's I love synth tunes
    I'm an eclectic kinda guy but give me a good synth tune anyday this ones Eurythmics / Donna Summer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akqv4yg9JMo

Awesome! LMAO

I love all types of music...
    right now Lights is my favorite.
    She is gonna be my wife on day...and we are gonna have like...15 love children...

i got that mercenaries 2 song stuck in my head today...../sigh lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Awesome! LMAO

i got that mercenaries 2 song stuck in my head today...../sigh lol

lol Oh No, Oh No, Oh No, You Didn't!

I was stupid enough to dl when those commercials came out....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Problemz wrote: »
    lol Oh No, Oh No, Oh No, You Didn't!

I was stupid enough to dl when those commercials came out....

I never bothered to try that game....how was it? lmao
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lol the game i have no idea, i was also talking about the stupid song. The song seemed more entertaining. heh