test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gold Farmers or Just Players?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Okay I bet most of all of you have noticied the high obsurd prices for nearly all items in the Exchange. Now who do you think is responsible for this... I was told Gold Farmers, but then again Im sure players have their bit of the pie. What do you think? And how would you resolve the situation?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the exchange is starting to settle down a bit. I have come across quite a few items that are reasonably priced. I think the solution is to give it more time. there will always be the joker who tries to sell the standard issue phaser for 90million gold, but you'll see the exchange get to the point where it is usable eventually. It will also happen much sooner if we can get a filter for price.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If people order gold online it will cause inflation so I would guess that may be whats causing it?? idk I never use it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    They're not that absurd by max level. I can afford most things. Not everything but most. However the money has stopped as I've stopped playing my Admiral except for dailies.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What is a good amount of money at admiral?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A lot of people like to play the exchange also buying up low priced items and reselling them high.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You should have over a million by Admiral. Preferably much more if you play the Exchange at all.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A lot of people like to play the exchange also buying up low priced items and reselling them high.

Kinda like those infomercials that promised to let you do the same thing with real estate.

But that only works so far, and the game being so new, they haven't quite learned what will seel and what won't.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah that would make prices seem much more resnoable so u think 2 to 3 mill at admiral?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I’d guess over 1 mill, I’m capt 35 and I’ve got around 1.7mil so far. As for how much to sell stuff for when playing the exchange you can guess at it. I know at least one person that made about 2mill reselling quantum torps over the weekend. I’ve yet to try it since I wanted to play the normal game first but it’s not that hard with the way the exchange is right now if people are not willing to check prices before posting items. If you’re willing to put a few minutes more work in search for stuff you can find stuff quickly to resell.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Okay I bet most of all of you have noticied the high obsurd prices for nearly all items in the Exchange. Now who do you think is responsible for this.

The Devs? For creating a game where money flows into the system faster than desirable goods, giving you endless inflation.

(With a special thank you 'no death penalties' for removing an important drain from the system. Money just goes round and round.)
    What do you think? And how would you resolve the situation?

Easy: all non-stacking items purchased through the Auction House become bound to the buyer.

No reselling. Ever. Done. All deals are esentially between the person it dropped for and the person intending to use it. No middle-men, no hording, no speculation, no arbitrage, no leveraging your wealth to block access by others.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I stood at the exchange for about 30 minutes earlier tonight buying things and reselling them, and I made about 150k on the spot.. before I even went back to my ship. I'm sure I will have made much more by the time I log back in, but I wouldn't call the prices I've been setting unreasonable. There ARE plenty of unreasonably priced items there, but there are plenty that are not.

Just think of it this way.. there is nothing else to spend your credits on, and if there's something you need and can afford it, there's really no harm in buying it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Prices are always erratic at the beginning especially when you get into the upper level items. It's just a simple case of supply and demand. Once more people start working futher into a tier, they will find more of the items on their own that they were intitially thinking of buying on the exchange. By the end of said tier, they will probably have a surplus of said items that they themselves can sell on the exchange.

And yes, money does get easier to come by in the upper tiers. When every common shield or engine you find can be hocked to the vendor for 20-30k, it all adds up pretty quick.