Install Arc
Options

Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Federation Tax Collectors

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The division between the Left and the Right is determined by one's belief in Collectivism v. Individualism. The division between Authoritarianism and Libertarianism is determined by one's belief in relative truth/morality v. universal truth/morality. While its true that you may not care about religion or social welfare, this doesn't mean that the fundamental aspects of the flack conservatives receive isn't applicable to you. You have a particular view of what constitutes Civilization, as do your American counterparts. Both of you believe in an allegiance to that civilization and therefore elements which question that allegiance are necessarily your mutual problem to some extent.

It would have been nice if you'd read my post since you just lumped me in as not caring about social welfare, which is basically insulting to me. And in the US being right wing is recognised as social or religious conservatives, which I am not, and is the whole point I was speaking against since defining yourself as more to the right these days is looked upon as being like the political right of United States politics, which is still mired in the s*** of religion and so called social 'traditional values'.

I don't want to live in their world as much as a Greenpeace activist doesn't want to live in mine.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This thread has been closed since it violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The fact that few governments survived the events that preceded Cochraine's warp run and that the economic players that rule our world today were none existent suggests some of the things that need to change before we get anywhere. The Federation was built on the ashes....of everything we know today.

The first warp flight and thus Vulcan contact was in the US, Starfleet HQ is in the US, most of Starfleet speaks in a US accent, and Starfleet vessels are named in favour of a US heritage. Humanity in Star Trek, and thus the Federation as a result, is built on the rather ashless foundation of the US, not some common mutual destruction.
This discussion has been closed.