test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Excited to play STO and excited to be back into Star Trek

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Ten Forward
I spent a great deal of my childhood and teen years watching and reading Star Trek. In particular, I spent a lot of time with TNG and Voyager. I watched some DS9, but quite little. I dropped off before Enterprise hit the air, so I've seen nearly none of that show.

But last month I saw the new Star Trek film and it immediately reignited my interest in Star Trek. Then, a week later, I learned about the new Star Trek MMO.

So here I am, in my late twenties, married, living in Boston and going to graduate school (although I'm from Canada), and I'm now getting back into Star Trek. I purchased STO this morning on Steam and it is currently installing. I'm completely amped. I'm so excited.

I'm also thinking of catching up on all of the DS9 and Enterprise that I missed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hey, welcome to STO!

I too have not seen much Star Trek for a decade, but I enjoy playing STO and I'm trying to watch as much DS9 as I can get my hands on. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Don't bother with entrerprise, DS9 gets real good in the later episodes
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Watch DS9 :D It's the one most similar to Star Trek Online. That is, if you even find time to watch it... MMORPGs are very addictive/time-consuming :p I recommend finding a fleet to join or some friends to play the game with. MMOs are the most fun when you share the journey with friends!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Don't watch any of that. Instead read Planet X. You might be glad you did.

Or you will curse my name for years to come. Either way, entropy was created and that makes me feel like something was accomplished.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Welcome !!

Hope you enjoy the game !!

I love it :)