test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please make ground missions optional.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User

I dread the ground missions .They are so boring , repititive and a time sink.
Don’t care for the xp or the loot I wish their was an option to skip it and concentrate more on space missions.

Luckly Kligons don’t have PVE contetnt and can level up via PVP.
I hate Klingons so I don’t want to roll one. Klingons look far better at the end of my torpedoes and disruptor beams.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I dread the ground missions .They are so boring , repititive and a time sink.
    Don’t care for the xp or the loot I wish their was an option to skip it and concentrate more on space missions.

Luckly Kligons don’t have PVE contetnt and can level up via PVP.
    I hate Klingons so I don’t want to roll one. Klingons look far better at the end of my torpedoes and disruptor beams.

They are integral to the game, and in some cases some of the best content/storylines (its true - not in all cases I admit - but certain ground missions make up significant parts of some of the best content in STO)

That said - I think ground combat needs to be tweaked in order to make it more fun/appealing.

I think its better to suggest constructively what would make ground combat more fun for you (and don't say "make it optional/skippable" as that is not realistically going to happen).

Still, I'm sensing that a intelligent debate with you on this topic is probably not going to happen as your last comment suggest you are pretty adamant about what you want the game to be.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm not going to try and defend the game, but seriously now - The away team aspect is what makes up a bulk of what Star Trek is: Exploration with some (hopefully exciting) narrative.

The way I see (or rather play) the missions is quite like viewing an episode or film of Star Trek. I find it often exciting, and I'm sorry you do not agree.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Funny...I tend to prefer ground missions tho they're too easy. (not the bosses they're just fine lol)

Not saying space missions are bad at all!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I like the ground missions as well, they just need to fine tune it, nothing worse as a melee character when your chain 'Held!' other than that, ground is fun - they need to add more ground missions, a ground equal to deep space missions would also be great.
This discussion has been closed.