test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Amazon UK... no liberated Borg Bridge Officer...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
So I already had the digital download but I really wanted the liberated Borg Bridge Officer so I pre-ordered from Amazon.co.uk as well. My box arrived today and I've applied all of the keys but no Borg Bridge Officer, instead I've been given some useless "red matter capacitor" and a DS9 uniform set, neither of which I was interested in. Has anyone else been given the wrong pre-order gifts?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think there was a cut-off date for the Borg BO, something like January 7th. It was too well publicised, but it was floating around the forums quite a bit. I did get my Borg BO, and it isn't really worth the extra costTBH.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I placed my pre-order on the 3rd of January, so if it was the 7th for the cut off date I would still have expected to receive one.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Have you checked your email, I had the code for the Bord Bridge Officer emailed to me from Amazon, was complete separate from the box, the red matter capacitor was an unexpected bonus (regens every 10 minutes)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I had the same happen to me on my pre-order from Amazon UK.

Then mysteriously my game went from a standard edition to a Gold edition, which has different perks?

So no Borg Officier for me either, but I did get a T-Shirt, Galaxy Map, Red Matter Capacitor and a DS9 uniform.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Worsenary wrote:
    Have you checked your email, I had the code for the Bord Bridge Officer emailed to me from Amazon, was complete separate from the box, the red matter capacitor was an unexpected bonus (regens every 10 minutes)

Nothing via e-mail at all.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Worsenary wrote:

Nice one Worsenary!

I've just checked my email and yes I have the code for the Borg Bridge Officer! Extra Bonus!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aelfwin wrote: »
    So I already had the digital download but I really wanted the liberated Borg Bridge Officer so I pre-ordered from Amazon.co.uk as well. My box arrived today and I've applied all of the keys but no Borg Bridge Officer, instead I've been given some useless "red matter capacitor" and a DS9 uniform set, neither of which I was interested in. Has anyone else been given the wrong pre-order gifts?

you must write them. Tell them that you are waiting for your Borg BO and when they send it to you. I had also some problems with Amazon.co.uk. They cancelled my pre-order so I wrote them 2 email if I still get my Borg BO and in 2nd email they told me "Yes, we will send you your Borg BO".

Again - write them and tell them "Where is my Borg BO" ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well I've just sent Amazon an e-mail asking then where the code is for the borg bridge officer. We'll wait and see what they say.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aelfwin wrote: »
    I placed my pre-order on the 3rd of January, so if it was the 7th for the cut off date I would still have expected to receive one.

Did you get a Email from Amazon with the code included? I got mine and I ordered about 6pm on the 7th, Cut off was 12am.

Check your spam mails to see if its been filtered. Believe me its hardly worth it just for the borg BO. Its nothing to write home about so to speak. All the other goodies are far better like the T shirt and 500 cryptic points.

At least you have your game! Mine still hasn't arrived and it looks like I will be missing a few days play cause of Amazon UK. First game I have Pre-ordered from them and the last.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the replies by the way ladies and gents. The fact that it was supposedly e-mailed out still gives me hope, hopefully they will have a record of sending it and can simply re-send it. Hopefully. If they don't I'm going to mightily miffed off at someone.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And literally like that Amazon reply and send me my code.

Top stuff Amazon!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Loxanna wrote:
    At least you have your game! Mine still hasn't arrived and it looks like I will be missing a few days play cause of Amazon UK. First game I have Pre-ordered from them and the last.

I've never had a problem with Amazon pre-orders until this one, they've always arrived on the day of release. I haven't got my copy yet but it's still early in the day and the postie could still drop it off :).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The Borg BO code is emailed.

I got mine the morning of release.
This discussion has been closed.