test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lateral gameplay idea, trophy ships, piracy

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
So we fight npc ships all the time right? All sorts of unusual ships, and we blow them up like crazy.

I was thinking, gosh, you know - what if instead of blowing up a ship you could capture the disabled ship by boarding action and salvage it.

After enough salvages you would be able to make your own ship out of the salvaged parts.

Furthermore, you could improve your ship by salvaging more captured ships. (with diminishing returns)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So we fight npc ships all the time right? All sorts of unusual ships, and we blow them up like crazy.

I was thinking, gosh, you know - what if instead of blowing up a ship you could capture the disabled ship by boarding action and salvage it.

After enough salvages you would be able to make your own ship out of the salvaged parts.

Furthermore, you could improve your ship by salvaging more captured ships. (with diminishing returns)

Oh, yeah, because that happened SO MUCH in Trek.
    edited February 2010
    Definatley wouldn't happen for Federation, maybe for Klingons
    edited February 2010
    Any idea (and I mean it : "any") allowing me to do something else than blowing up the same easy target again and again would be a blessing.
    edited February 2010
    Evilpro wrote: »
    Definatley wouldn't happen for Federation, maybe for Klingons

This is woooooar, the Federation murders civilians and doctors, salvaging ships is almost too nice.
    edited February 2010

Someone didn't watch Voyager.

:p

I am not too keen on the idea. I think Feds should simply fly Federation ships. If in the future we get a pirate faction, then something like this could be central to their gameplay. As it stands, I don't really see much of a place for it in game.
    edited February 2010
    Delazure wrote: »
    This is woooooar, the Federation murders civilians and doctors, salvaging ships is almost too nice.

When do we get to kill civies and doctors? I can't wait!
    edited February 2010

I've never, ever seen someone hitting a spacebar in trek but I bet that is your main occupation here.

/chinflip
    edited February 2010
    Delazure wrote: »

Actually, everyone I've killed was a military combatant or someone the movie Picard would have killed at least.

I can think of a number of times already in game where I simply disabled ships or enemies and then took them into custody.
This discussion has been closed.