test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Important question

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Been checking this game out now for two days, and of course I haven't progressed very far. But to be honest, the content seems very.. restricted.. so far.

Go to X => shoot a few NPCs in space => If lucky, do a small instance with 4 robotic friends => End of quest (well, ok, a few repeat the previous steps once or twice).

And then random space encounters (shoot those NPC's in space again)

And finallt, arena style, grab nodes & shoot up other players.

The first night was a very good experience, there were more extended ground missions and, of course, everything was new. But at the end of night #2 I find myself wondering if there will be more, well, variety to the content further along? Maybe those who have progressed further can tell me? Right now I find myself stuck in an incredibly repetive loop, depserately hoping the game will get more interesting soon.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I suppose my first post doesn't make a lot of sense in a way. I thought about this a bit more and I think this is what I should be asking;

The first night had a nice storyline to it. You get your ship, meet your officers, learn the ropes, go the Earth base etc. But then it seems like the story line comes to an end. All I have seen now for a while are really really short "quests" (episodes I guess they are called), a bit like I outlined above. But there doesn't seem to be any major plot line events, or any real story being told. So, the question would be;

Will there be more larger story / plot lines later on, or is that really all in the tutorial part of the game and then the rest are these short quests?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    there will be more plots and such as you go
    your pretty much gonna have to be reading the texts of missions and hails and such to understand everything

but as for the repetitiveneess, unfortunately, this is the nature of MMOs, no MMO has really broken the loop yet cuz theres not many more ways to do things other then reskinning the same type of mission and putting it somewhere else
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just repeating what was posted on earlier days.

There have been posts that say they are working on more content for a patch in about 40 days.

Some have postulated that game, like many, were rushed out, and content was just enought to test functionality, and as game goes along they will be adding content. Others have just said it is normal for content to be added over time. And dev post have said they are working on content with variety.

Although that is just from posts I read, and the sense that it is what most MMOs do.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Expect to hear the phrase "City on the Edge of Never" like 3 million times in this thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Those robotic friends you grouped with were other players. First several patrol missions you do you get auto teamed with others.

Many of the missions are variations of what you said. This is an MMO, not a single player game, and the missions are run in the standard MMO mode of Kill X, or fed-ex type missions. Some missions, though, involve solving puzzles (few and far between, sadly) or looking for items. On the plus side, as you progress you also find some damned fun missions. One involves a Doomsday Device straight out of TOS. That blasted thing hit me and I felt like Capt. Decker of the Constellation....

If you are expecting an orgasmic, mind blowing MMO experience unlike any others in existence, then you are going to be disappointed. But if you want a fun MMO that takes the standard MMO formula and sets it to space, with extremely good space combat options, have a seat and enjoy the game.
This discussion has been closed.