test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[B]Not sure what the problem is?[/B]

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I see post after post of ppl throwing tantrums about not being able to play and server is unstable, lag, bugs, que, etc.

Since launch i have not been in one que had little lag but no disconnects and there was the one unexpected downtime so far which really is not bad at all. every quest i have done has finished minus like 2 quests that i had to drop and redo then they finished, and a few minor bugs that are not even close to game breaking just a minor annoyance really.

At least for me the launch has been pretty smooth im level 24 now and have not run out of content im at least 3-4 levels ahead of most of my quests none are higher than me. I must say this has been the best launch of an mmo for me cause all the other ones i have played have either been unplayable, crashes, not near enough content, and long ques.

ive been on the forums the last week and my god all i have seen is complain complain complain and 90% is not constructive in the least. i never really understood all the i quit threads and cryptic sucks/never playing again threads. If i dont like and mmo/restraunt/etc i just quit and never go back i dont flame the forums or stand outside the restraunt and yell at the employees.

Anyhow i just wanted to post and say great job cryptic after champions i had lost a little faith but i think you guys are in time going to add enough to this game to make it great so keep up the good work.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    same with me, I have yet to have any major problems
    edited February 2010
    It is very normal that you will mostly find players with a problem on the forums, because those that are happily playing the game are, well, playing the game.

And while I must say that I do get the occasional lag now and then, it has nowhere been gamebraking at any point.

However that does not mean that there are no players with real problems, and they have every right to complain here. I just wish they'd do it in a reasonable tone and not open a new thread without looking left or right if there is already one about this issue. Or thousand, for that matter.
    edited February 2010
    I had to wait in a que once but other than that I have no problems whatsoever. The game has been silky smooth. No lag or rubberbanding etc.
    edited February 2010
    also only had to wait once :) and was for not even 5 mins :)
    edited February 2010
    I've got a top of the line graphics card with 4 gig of memery and I get rubber banding and I get stuck in one place, not being able to move, and I get dropped at least 20 times a day. Still I love this game. I just hope they can get the bugs out.
    edited February 2010
    I do realize that I wouldn't be so annoyed if the game weren't fun, but I can't say I've shared your luck. I dread seeing the load screen anymore because it's just another chance to see "Server Not Responding", followed by "Lost Connection to Game Server." Combine that with the chance to be stuck in a queue when you disconnect, and it can be very trying.
    edited February 2010
    I've had to wait in the queue pretty much every time I've gone to play, with at least 300 players in front of me. It's quite annoying, particularly when you're logging in at what should be an off-time (sunday morning for instance) and still have to wait ~30m just to get it.

My friend, on the other hand, has never had more than ~80 people in front of him...even when we log in at the same time (that one was fun, we both logged in to play together at the same house. He was a queue of 3/3 and I had 485/485...at the same time).

There's something funky going on with the queue system atm. Not that I'm complaining (it's still better than having to mash login) but it's just seems like some people get in instantly and others have long waits.
    edited February 2010
    I think your priority gets bumped down if you make too many negative posts on the forum. ;)

I guess that means I'm making enough fanboi comments to compensate for my trolling then...
This discussion has been closed.