test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Something has to be done about the powerlevel spam in chat.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Last time I was on, this was the only thing going through chat ingame. Cryptic needs to do something about it. I don't pay 14.99 a month to be spammed.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Kencape wrote:
    Last time I was on, this was the only thing going through chat ingame. Cryptic needs to do something about it. I don't pay 14.99 a month to be spammed.

Short of blocking the word "powerlevel" in chat there isn't anything Cryptic can do about it until someone reports an account so they can ban it. Which means the spammer gets in at least a day or two of spam.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    it only seems to be an issue at the space stations...despite our hatred of the heavy instancing it serves as a solid anti spam
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    really only 2 ways of dealing with it 1.report spam everytime, they get added to yer iggy list. 2.do what i did, leave zone chat lol,
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    True enough,

Btw, OP, if you can come up with a better way of blocking spammers, PATENT IT! You'll make a mint selling the process to every MMO out there.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kencape wrote:

click on their name. Report them and they'll automatically be ignored.

If you people do not report these jerks you're just helping them ruin our game.
This discussion has been closed.