test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Your queue system is lame ...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I can understand having a queue to help with login congestion ... but I don't get why you designed the game to "login" to the game server every time I see a "loading screen." After waiting a good deal of time to just get into the game I find myself a few loading screens later with a "server not responding" and then I'm back to the queue of 300+ people.

Basically every time the screen says "Loading..." (and it's quite often), I play another game of Russian roulette to find out if I get booted and need to log in again.

I'm not sure about other people, but I got other things to do and schedule my play time in a couple hour blocks. As it stands right now I waste a lot of time just sitting around in queues. It's bad enough the game loads every other screen (and I mean *alot* - leave starbase loading... warp from home system to sector space loading... warp across a few quadrants loading... engage a hostile loading... exit an engagement back to sector loading...). And if I'm lucky -- I won't get kicked back out to the queue anytime it says "loading".

Maybe you guys should do what EVE does ... and instead of logging out to gain experience you can have us set a course and log out for a few hours to come back and be ready to fight some Klingons (because that's what it feels like half the time anyhow).
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    nuveal wrote: »
    I can understand having a queue to help with login congestion ... but I don't get why you designed the game to "login" to the game server every time I see a "loading screen."

The game is completely instanced. And those instances disappear when everyone leaves them. A WoW server has one and only one version of Orgrimmar, STO has hundreds of versions of Sol. As the instances are created and destroyed dynamically your character is handed off to a master controller when it exists its current instance. These seem to be more loaded than the instance servers themselves so cause more disconnects.
This discussion has been closed.