test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

so far so good cryptic

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
i could like many are whine all day long about the bugs lag issues server cap.

but frankly the launch has gone quite well as far as mmo's go.

i dare anyone to site an mmo that launched perfectly with no problems..can't find one? didn't think so.

sure we've had down time but i'd rather there was down time now than later when most of the issues have been solved.

sure there are bugs in the game but there always will be take a look at wow now 5 years on and talents abilities and so on are still bugged as are alot of quests that date back to vanilla.

i have no idea how hard the staff at cryptic are working or how many extra hours they are putting in to resolve alot of the problems we are coming across but i could guess it's more than most of us work in a week and i'll bet they are working very hard to get it sorted.

we have high expectations from games company's these days because we hope they learned from other company's mistakes.....ye wouldn't that be nice but sadly that isn't the case.

players need to lower there expectations of what the devs can do in such a short space of time so that you can get the most out of the game.

now for the moral issue, your a dev working your TRIBBLE off on this project, you take a glance at the forums and all you see is whine whine whine mixed in are a few well done posts to brighten your day but it's been soured by all the whining so you go back to work feeling a bit let down as your a realist and know things don't always work out as planned and catering to a player base that has no clue or how hard your job is.

try to be a bit nicer everyone they are working they are getting better at it and they are solving problems there is little to no point in whining endlessly about an issue when all you gave them was minor info on the issue...which means they then have to spend countless hours simulating the issue to find the problem and what caused it...maybe help them out a bit more with more info.

anyway your doing well crytic keep up the good work and hopefully the game will be what you want in no time.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
This discussion has been closed.