test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pls Upgrade Server Capacity!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Was supposed to have happened this weekend, it obviously has not.
Being kicked out of the game and recycled every 30 minutes or less because of insufficient SC sucks, quite frankly.

1. Lag is still present because of insufficient SC!

2. "Server not responding" messages in ominous red text keep popping up because of insufficient SC!

3. In conjunction with #2 messages I often get kicked from the game during loading screens and THEN I have to go back into the Queue Continuum. If I don't get kicked then if it's a ground mission, it often gets "boinked" and I have to do the beam up, beam down process until I no longer get #2 messages.

You don't want multiple servers? Fine...

You don't want two servers (one for North America etc, one for Euro)? Fine...

So how about...oh, I dunno...get on with increasing SERVER CAPACITY?!?!

....please....
....no really....
....seriously....

You have your orders.
ENGAGE!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    DOES ANYONE READ!!!!! OMG seriously
    edited February 2010
    Kassidus wrote: »
    DOES ANYONE READ!!!!! OMG seriously

I've been reading, but obviously I haven't become as enlightened as you in the last 15 minutes.

So educate me, please.
    edited February 2010
    I laugh when people make suggestions like this, do you really think the devs will read it and say "Oh of course! More server capacity! Why didn't we think of that?"
    edited February 2010
    Seriously, some people are idiots. Look at the freaking sign on screen already. How much clearer do they have to be. THEY ARE DOING IT. PAY ATTENTION AND BE PATIENT. You don't just deploy servers overnight.
    edited February 2010
    I was disconnected right now directly during a epsiode/mission and Im really ****ed off now, wtf! I killed alot Gorn on this Planet ...it was a LONG mission dammit lol *sigh* *catching breath* Please get the server issues fixed asap, this is not funny anymore lol.
    edited February 2010
    I laugh when people make suggestions like this, do you really think the devs will read it and say "Oh of course! More server capacity! Why didn't we think of that?"

Done laughing? Good.

What I actually think is that the devs don't give a flying leap about suggestions like this or any other kind as a matter of fact. Like my shiplist suggestion thread that was closed, locked and hurled to the lowest depths of hell before it had a chance to garner much attention. i think they should say what they mean and do what they say. It's not like you wouldn't benefit from it as well....I was just venting in the off chance somebody over there sees it and is like "Oh, geez! I forgot about that!" seeing as how I currently can't get in the game.

You're quite the intellectual giant, aren't you?
    edited February 2010
    DeLacey wrote:
    You're quite the intellectual giant, aren't you?

Pot, meet Kettle.
    edited February 2010
    Tyrellan wrote:
    Pot, meet Kettle.

Hmm, let's see...you've referred to my being an idiot (my favoriate word) and now some gibberish about how you're trying to mate your cooking ware. I'd have thought it would be difficult for you to come across as a bigshot or as if you're better than I am while all the while hiding behind your computer monitor...but you and some of your brethren seem to have got it down to a science.
    edited February 2010
    Hurrah, just got kicked out of the game after 35 minutes of play while on a loading screen that showed "server not responding"....so my sniping little mooyuks, where is all that hard work supposedly "done right now" on the server capacity? The message you all quoted on the startup/login window was posted 5 (now 6 in about 4 minutes) days ago and said they were going to implement it this weekend. This weekend is over in less than 4 minutes. I tried relogging and it said I couldn't connect.

Next time you start waving your flag make sure it's right side up, chums.
    For now, you know where you can stick it.

I love this game and look forward to upgrades, but man...some of you fanboi's really get under my skin with your "defend Cryptic beyond all reason" mandate.

I'll like Cryptic just fine if the game gets better and better.
    For now, I'm on the fence with one hand on the door. If any of you fanboi's valued your money and your free time, you'd be where I am. Not hating or anything, just not entirely certain of what's coming next and how it will change things.
    edited February 2010
    Got on for abit finally and was playing with my friend, then just prior to 3am I got the boot. I was excited because I had thought I'd make Captain before I finally crashed. Guess not. Thx Cryptic. How's that Server Capacity fix coming along? If I am to believe your devoted followers you've been at it for 6 days straight with no results. Need a hand?
    edited February 2010
    You did forgot to mention that Cryptic announced the server upgrades back in open beta which btw, has been over 2 weeks.
    edited February 2010
    You did forgot to mention that Cryptic announced the server upgrades back in open beta which btw, has been over 2 weeks.

Yeah I remember that, thanks for the reminder. What say you, Cryptic?

*listens to the silence as he stares at the login screen*

Yeah, that's what I thought.
    edited February 2010
    May I suggest that you read sticky topics before posting threads like this, It will save you a lot of agro
    edited February 2010
    If you have some award winning information to share, feel free to post a link.
    edited February 2010
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=99086

Posted on the 2nd yes I know it was the 2nd but you just cant magically just put them in and its all done with they need to be configured , Possibly some c++ coding to add them in

All takes time but they are coming

That's why I said ready the sticky topics, News gets posted in them

Some people don't know how to use forums for education purposes I have posted some useful videos in ten forward

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=107762
This discussion has been closed.