test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I Like This Game!!!!!!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
First off to all the people that are bashing this game and saying how it is so inferior to WOW or insert whatever mmo you want here. I was there when WOW came out and the hate reflected on these boards is nothing compared to the amount of whining and complaining on the WOW boards when it came out. All the fanboys from the other games said it was a peice of TRIBBLE and it awas for kids,it would never last. It was a dumbed down mmo for peolpe that couldn't understand the mechanics of a real mmo. Well we all know how that ended.
My point being if you like this game don't let the haters bother you they have to ***** it's all they know. As for me I like the game it's fun for me ! And no amount of whining by a bunch of *****y *******s who, if they don't like the game, should go somewhere else and cancel their subscription is going to make my mind up for me. You don't like it,fine. I'm my own person and i like it just fine .
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Aye!

Good for you!

Same here!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OPEN_FIST wrote:
    First off to all the people that are bashing this game and saying how it is so inferior to WOW or insert whatever mmo you want here. I was there when WOW came out and the hate reflected on these boards is nothing compared to the amount of whining and complaining on the WOW boards when it came out. All the fanboys from the other games said it was a peice of TRIBBLE and it awas for kids,it would never last. It was a dumbed down mmo for peolpe that couldn't understand the mechanics of a real mmo. Well we all know how that ended.
    My point being if you like this game don't let the haters bother you they have to ***** it's all they know. As for me I like the game it's fun for me ! And no amount of whining by a bunch of *****y *******s who, if they don't like the game, should go somewhere else and cancel their subscription is going to make my mind up for me. You don't like it,fine. I'm my own person and i like it just fine .

Saaaweeet. That's awesome.

Can I have your opinion AFTER the 30day freeplay also?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    darn I didn't make it in before the QQers:(:(:(:(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I like this game too, but it seems that a lot of the complaints and people threatening to quit seem to be over server stability/general up-time which can be both tedious and infuriating when all you want to do is play the game.

Since it is Star Trek as well, I guess you'll have a lot of people for whom this is their first MMO and wouldn't be familiar with launches that leave the game unplayable to them at the time they choose to play.

Don't recall seeing people comparing it to WOW; I don't think you could really compare the two. Lots of people saying just how unstable it was at launch.

Though Blizzard seem to have picked up on their failure by releasing stable expansions for it - at least compared with some other games I've played.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    YES! finally a thread thats not totally bashing the TRIBBLE out of this game. By nerds that are most likely still playing the game every chance they get. i also like this game its very original, has awesome space combat and deceant ground combat love to explore space (but hate EVE) thanks man i salute you.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am really liking this game also. Excited to see how it evolves.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Love the game, it's got great potential, sadly their isn't enough content to keep me hooked.
    My box should come tomorrow, but I think i'll just leave it sealed for a month or so, while they get the end-game content sorted (Hopefully).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I for one really enjoy playing this game. I love the space combat and even though it is fairly easy, the ground combat is fun. Playing some missions that do not even involve combat is a huge plus because it is relaxing and different. It seems like there are 3 problems that most of the community has with this game.

1. Server stability. When it comes to any game this is all I ask for but I understand that STO is a baby in the MMO world and it is going to take time to make the proper adjustments for the massive player base.

2. Cruiser turning. Ok this is where I think most people who complain about this are just plain stupid. Cruisers are the largest ships in the Federation. You cannot expect them to turn as easy as a Yugo (really small car for those who need an explanation. If you needed an explanation as to what a Yugo is then you should not be piloting a cruiser to begin with, you should be coloring).

3. Skill point cap. Nobody is the best at everything so how can you cry about not being able to max out everything you want? Being able to cap all the skills you want would unbalance the already fragile balance this game has.

I think this game has had a great launch with a few minor frustrations but that is why it is our job to at least let Cryptic know with bug reports and put the ball in their court to fix them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There is another series of comments.

Combat scaling with time frames for heals moved into shorter periods makes it more reflexive then thinking, that is not all bad, but the only thinking I do on ground combat is preplanned approach and movement vectors, and maybe sequence of first shots. After that, it is being able to reflexively respond to an occurrence.

So much of the ground combat is reflexive, and fun, but reflexive, if you are to use a heal, you have at most 2 to 3 seconds for it to matter, in previous games getting incapacitate was damage over 30 seconds not 3 seconds. So reaction is compressed moving most thought to reflex.

And the lack of actually making any decisions, or having to worry about any outcomes, makes the game a passive injection of only the upside of reward with more of a simulated challenge then any real challenge,

Soma anyone? LOL.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I absolutely enjoy it. I only have a few suggestions for decluttering the screen, but i'm a woman and must be organized!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I too enjoy this game. But unlike many other people who play this game, I am willing to give it time to smooth itself out, get settled, create new content, and fix stability and server capacity issues. After all, its only a week old, there are bound to be bugs.

My hope is that the people who bash this game and threaten to leave would hurry up and do it already. Maybe that would fix server capacity problems and a couple stability issues. :D

Then the people who truly appreciate the game will not have to deal with seeing the constant barrage of insults aimed towards Cryptic while playing the game or scrolling through the forums.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I like this game as well. All the negative energy needs to just go away. I don't agree with most of their complaints and suggested solutions.

The game is fun as it is and doesn't need any major changes.

Thank you very much.
This discussion has been closed.