test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For the 3D model artists of Cryptic....

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I believe in the saying that a picture is worth a thousand words...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Rushed game was rushed. Don't expect any miracles.
    edited February 2010
    Maybe they've changed some things since the tv series of Voyager. I love this ship by the way...can't wait to get it.
    edited February 2010
    Lx31 wrote:
    Rushed game was rushed. Don't expect any miracles.

The irony is that it was most likely more work "adding" the "extra" launchers to the underside then sticking with the proper ones on the back.
    All the parts are there + the extra launchers, just not used right.

So i guess it may not be the modelers, but hte programmers that should take heed and make things RIGHT.
    And Impulse Engine is an Impulse Engine, a torpedo launcher is a torpedo laucher, you just don't interchange them like that.
    edited February 2010
    Wish we had the true hard points reflective of what all the class of ships have.
    edited February 2010
    Indeed, i cant see whats so hard with that.
    They did a pretty excellent job on the Miranda, everything fit perfectly.
    Phaser array beams from the phaser strips, dual cannons and dual beam banks from the rollbars just perfect.
    Cannot see why that would be so hard to get the intrepid right.
    edited February 2010
    Some of the models are amazing, some are just disgraceful. I think they got some meshes from the old company and did a **** poor job with the ones that weren't already done.
    edited February 2010
    sal-p wrote:
    Some of the models are amazing, some are just disgraceful. I think they got some meshes from the old company and did a **** poor job with the ones that weren't already done.

Some meshes of the old company right!?

That game actually looked better with better models ans lighting then this "multiplayer game" cryptic made.

Pic of the unfinished earlier game (in wich players controlled a ship together like in the series)

IntScreen.jpg
    edited February 2010
    lol Yeah you can never do this with a trek fan. Anything is explainable in Star Trek.

EXCEPT FOR HOWW did Scotty not know that Kirk was DEAD when the ENT D crew pulled him out of the transporter in TNG episode "Relics" ????

He would have known Kirk got blown out of deck 15 on the ENT B!!!
    edited February 2010
    LoJ4X wrote:

That game actually looked better with better models ans lighting then this "multiplayer game" cryptic made.

Pic of the unfinished earlier game (in wich players controlled a ship together like in the series)

IntScreen.jpg

Afraid not, that pic is towards the end of perpetuals life, after they had announced they were going to take a casual approach to STO.
    By the point of this screenshot(which even in itself is said by many not to be real), they had already abandoned the player crew concept.
    And i cant agree either, that pic looks like sheite to what the visuals in STO look like now.

And no, none of the content in game is from perpetual, its all Cryptic. All they got from perpetual was the rights and some concept art, but not assets.
    edited February 2010
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    Afraid not, that pic is towards the end of perpetuals life, after they had announced they were going to take a casual approach to STO.
    By the point of this screenshot(which even in itself is said by many not to be real), they had already abandoned the player crew concept.
    And i cant agree either, that pic looks like sheite to what the visuals in STO look like now.

In my opinion the Romulan Warbird model is terrible, couring and lines are dodgy at best. Really dissapointed at this - captures none of the majesty from TNG.
    edited February 2010
    LoJ4X wrote:

IntScreen.jpg

Ship in that picture looks like a cartoon version of an actually Federation ship IMO, most the stuff in the background, planets, etc, looks like it does in STO now

Id also just like too point out that STO is set 40 years or so after Nemesis, some ships may have had changes, upgrades, etc, remember Janeway is an Admiral in Nemesis and had made it back, could have made a lot of changes to the Intrepid based on how it performed in the delta quadrant.
    edited February 2010
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    I believe in the saying that a picture is worth a thousand words...

Why would an Intrepid class ship 30 years on from Nemisis need to look exactly as it did 30 years ago? Isn;t it in fact MORE realistic to have desing changes?
    edited February 2010
    I love it how people are trying to make up excuses for cryptics mistakes. :rolleyes:

So the intrepid has no folding nacelles, but still has the mechanism present physically on the ship, but the torpedo launchers are now the engines of the ship. :rolleyes:
    And of course it would make perfect sense that the new engines are located in an obscure place rather than close to main power distribution points such as near the nacelles. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.