test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To those of you complaining....thoughts and speculation

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
As I read the forums everyday I look at the amount of complaints there are about (insert random complaint here)

Random Complaints
1- Instanced gameplay sucks
2 - Queues too long
3 - Buggy Gameplay
4 - Incomplete quest (episode) text
5 - (My personal fav) OMG WORST MMO LAUNCH EVERRRRRRRRRRR
6 - Can't reset skill points
7 - No endgame

These are all valid complaints, and there are a lot more. Cryptic does have to listen to their players. What does insult me is how many people are pulling out WoW comparisons that make no sense at all. World of Warcraft is an awesome game, I spent three years playing it and had 3 level 80 characters at the end. It is probably the best MMO created and has the best player base (size wise only) and best support.

With that said, those of you ranting and raving and saying WoWs release was amazing and had everything, relax, you are full of it. World of Warcraft has many of the same issues well after launch. I played on Lothar (one of the older PVE servers) and that thing was down ALL THE TIME. After patches there would be periods of up to 48 hours where you could not quest or instance because of lag/stupid server problems etc. or all the NPCS would be gone! This is BC and WOTLK guys, after WoW had been up for YEARS. I've had quest text be wrong and had to google many times. Skills would be broken and be reset 5 days in a row by Blizzard (yes we need an ingame reset, but this game is a whole 2 weeks old?) . Not to mention queues, on some servers in WoW there are hour long queues on WEEKDAYS! and endgame? World of Warcraft had no endgame at launch. Oh, and those saying that there was a lot more playtime maxing level (to 60 at the time), lies. You could fly through it like you can fly through STO.

There are many valid issues with this game that need to be addressed, but the daily patches that Cryptic is rolling out gives me some hope. Those of you pulling and trying to back up arguments with totally WRONG information, stop, you are doing those of us with an actual memory a disservice and the devs haveing to read a post that looks like this - BS BS BS BS BS (Valid Point) BS BS BS, doesn't help the community at large.

Thanks
Darrkshadow

John Huntsman
U.S.S. Vigilant
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i like to pretend i am the voice of reason in a sea of insantiy
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bargler wrote: »
    i like to pretend i am the voice of reason in a sea of insantiy

I love your Avatar! is that Zachary Quinto before plastic surgery?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    I love your Avatar! is that Zachary Quinto before plastic surgery?

I believe thats Zacharys brother Bobo Quinto. Bobo needs love and so Zachary let him on the set and let him dress like him.

He even has a few scenes in the movie as Bobo was Zachs stunt double in many scenes. It was a fantastic deal as Bobo only needed animal crackers as payment. We love Bobo, so try not to make fun
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    omg, two threads about how the game is actually good in the same day! I guess the whiners are sleepy from the long-winded posts and requests to be stickied.

STO is great! Technical issues be damned!
This discussion has been closed.