test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Realy reason Cryptic hasn't fixed this game...!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I read this on the patch notes, had to laugh
General
Disabled functionality of certain hidden, unsupported commands (like respecpowertrees) that could irreparably break characters. Note to users – Don’t run hidden commands that you find in binary searches or on the forums!
Romulan "Empire Defense" missions and maps are now open to Klingon players.
Various translation updates.
Server stability improvements.

Speaks for itself really, Cryptic are having to spend to much time fixing the game to stop the forum trolls and hackers messing around with it and clearly not enough time fixing known MAJOR issues... like fleet permissions...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    HubsST wrote: »

Speaks for itself really, Cryptic are having to spend to much time fixing the game to stop the forum trolls and hackers messing around with it and clearly not enough time fixing known MAJOR issues... like fleet permissions...

By "MAJOR issues" you, of course, mean the issues that are important to you specifically.

Their priorities != your priorities.

Their list of priorities are a combination of what affects the most people and what can be done the quickest. Heck, they could have their dev team split with half covering quick things and the other covering more complex things.

They have finite resources and can only fix things so quick. I don't understand why people feel they can fix things just by snapping their fingers...
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Well.....they kind of have to fix that. And the hackers as you call them etc. didnt MAKE the game. And if the game was made by Cryptic with these sorts of hacks and commands possible perhaps the responsibility resides with them to eliminate these problems.

Im not defending those who mess around with command codes. They'll likely end up hurting themselves in the end. But it sounds like a serious issue to me. These sort of things shouldnt have been there in the first place
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I am sorry but those are also major issues and serious ones compared to server instability.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah.. folks around here keep complaining that Cryptic doesn't learn, but if you ask me... identifying and disabling these exploit-points sounds like an active attempt to avoid another /powerhue fiasco.
This discussion has been closed.