test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Not Responding??

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
What is up with this? Was playing the game, in the middle of a mission, tried to beam down to a planet to complete the mission and lost connection to the server. I log back in and every time I try to log my char in, it starts loading and says "Server Not Responding" in red on the load screen.

Anyone know what is going on? It says the server is online on the login screen. :mad:
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Damnit, it finally let me back in the game and on the same mission kicked me out again. I'm doing the mission where you have to beam down to Beytan and twice on beaming down, I get kicked out on the loading screen with the "Server Not Responding" message, followed by repeated unsuccessful attempts to log back into the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    keep us updated
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gumby75 wrote: »
    Damnit, it finally let me back in the game and on the same mission kicked me out again. I'm doing the mission where you have to beam down to Beytan and twice on beaming down, I get kicked out on the loading screen with the "Server Not Responding" message, followed by repeated unsuccessful attempts to log back into the game.

They introduced some major bug in the past two days. What I can tell you is that *eventually* you'll be able to log back in on that character, but it takes a while.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    NinetyNine wrote:
    They introduced some major bug in the past two days. What I can tell you is that *eventually* you'll be able to log back in on that character, but it takes a while.

Oh well, I know it's a new launch, so I'm not really ****ed/surprised. It's just frustrating because, I don't get to play much during the week, so weekends are key for me lol. You win some, you lose some, GO SAINTS!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah. :(
    The server maintenance last night was suppose to improve stability but it's looking like not much has changed. That or the problem point has just shifted someplace else.

I just hope they didn't listen the queue QQ'ers and increase the capacity count prematurely; before adding more hardware resources. That could well lead to what we're seeing now- more people in the game than can be supported.

Ah well... it's my opinion they have more interest in STO than they ever have in their past MMOs, so they'd be in unfamiliar territory as far as scaling goes. And it can be a bit of trial and error to get things tweaked just right.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's been a fun game for me so far, I was hoping to get to LT. rank 5 or 6 so I can start a Klingon char before the Super Bowl. Oh well, I am off tomorrow, so I guess it will have to wait. :)
This discussion has been closed.