test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What does this mean?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Grace Period Ends Soon!!!
The pre-order grace periods are ending soon! If you pre-ordered the game, but have not yet entered your retail key, you can continue to play until the following dates. After your grace period ends, you will need to enter your retail key to continue to play.

North American Retailers:
Feb 6, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

Australian Retailers and Amazon.de:
Feb 21, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

fnac.com, Amazon.fr, and Game.fr:
Feb 10, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific

All other customers:
Feb 8, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific.

If you are in the situation where you purchased the retail version of the game, but did not receive your key from your retailer, please contact your retailer first. If your retailer is unable to provide you with your retail key, please contact Cryptic Billing Support for further assistance.

(*) For us that ordered digitally from Steam, does this mean we have to enter our digital CD-key and selecte a payment option to recieve the bonus content or what entails this. Or what does this basically mean for us?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you are still running on just your pre order key, without having entered your retail key, then you won't be able to play starting on the date listed.
    If you have your retail key entered then you have nothing to worry about.

Oops didn't see the red hightlighted part at first. Yes, you will have to enter the retail key and select a subscription. I bought mine through steam, it should be popping up and telling you your retail key everytime you start the game, or you can right click on STO in the my games list to see it.

In as few words as possible, they're shutting off the pre-order keys on the specified dates.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Most Steam games you can right click the game icon an option for "receive game key" or some such and the key should come up.

That is the key you need to put into the STO website. Once the retail key/subscription method has been chosen, the retail perks that came with your purchase will unlock.

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    the only cd-keys showing up are the
    pre-order and the Deluxe keys, i dont see my retail cd key
  • Options
    edited February 2010

fail
    //////
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    also does it start charging you once you select a payment? or does it start after the 30 free days ends? :confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    also does it start charging you once you select a payment? or does it start after the 30 free days ends? :confused:

After 30 days ofcourse.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Evilpro wrote: »
    fail
    //////

you spend 10 seconds on your life/time to waste on that small comment. you must have no life..... :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    means the gold spammers are TRIBBLE out of luck.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Once you activate the account with your credit card you can use all your bonus items.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    one last thing, are you able to change the billing selection anytime? and if your bank has insufficient funds, do they keep billing your account or do they stop.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    you spend 10 seconds on your life/time to waste on that small comment. you must have no life..... :eek:

does this strike you as a little hypocritical.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    one last thing, are you able to change the billing selection anytime? and if your bank has insufficient funds, do they keep billing your account or do they stop.

yes you can change any time and once you have insufficient fund in your bank it will reject the payment to the Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    does this strike you as a little hypocritical.

Oh, believe me I could do far worse than that. I will edit that post if you would like me to. ?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok did you buy this game online or at a local shop,
    if ya bought it online as a pre-order then the Delux Edition is your game key, with my steam pre-order I have 2 keys one says its a pre-oreder and the other is the Digital Delux Edition Key which is the same as the retail key bar the buying it online and not having a DVD in a box.

if you have a retail copy from a shop then your key shold (like most games iwth cd-keys) be on the back of the manual. if not then take iot back and get a new one.

PS. What key do you think your missing, as buying through steam it won't have a RETAIL KEY (as steam is not a retail shop) as to buy something RETAIL you have to go to a RETAIL shop and physically buy the item off the shelf.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh, believe me I could do far worse than that. I will edit that post if you would like me to. ?

You can do far worse, then what. then being a hypocrite. Lmao, wow. im impressed. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You can do far worse, then what. then being a hypocrite. Lmao, wow. im impressed. :D

this thread is for ppl to offer help/info, not to post c**p like you are doing, go troll/waste your time elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    this thread is for ppl to offer help/info, not to post c**p like you are doing, go troll/waste your time elsewhere.

Calm down, take a deep breath. i was just kidding around. I didn't realise you were so thin skinned.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    When it comes down to money being involved I tend to be serious
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    When it comes down to money being involved I tend to be serious

Are you still having any problem? let us know!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

lol. Thanks for the laugh.

What do you think the Deluxe key is?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Money is just money, not to be taken to seriously. that makes you get grey to soon. Besides there are way more important things in life then money, like STO Woot!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Are you still having any problem? let us know!!

Puntos +10 to you my friend, thanks for your help I'll check my ingame status stuff and see If there's anything else
This discussion has been closed.