test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So Beta is Over Fanboys, Guess What?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
The game is exactly the same as the open beta. Sure they fixed a few bugs since then, but all of the major issues the game had in open beta are still there.

To me this is a huge indicator about Cryptic Studios. It's like going to a retaurant and paying for you meal and they give you a pile of unrecognizable something or other and tell you it's food "sorry about they way it looks and tastes, but it does have the vitamins and nutrients it's supposed to have..."

TRIBBLE companies release TRIBBLE games. Bad management allows TRIBBLE games to get out the door. An unwillingness to pony up and pay for a decent game engine or hire the resources to get the game engine fixed.

STO is a "decent" game. I paid for it, and I'll play it for a month because it's decent and I like Star Trek. You guys could have made a great game. Instead you pushed out another MMO desperate to get a piece of the MMO pie. You left your MMO full of holes ranging from performance to gameplay to an incredible lack of story. A severely disjointed ground experience with a pretty interesting but limiting space experience.

So to summarize, the Cryptic Game engine blows, it looks like you guys have decent artists or just took the assets from the Star Trek property, Management blows because they accepted a contract to make a game in a time frame they could only deliver a TRIBBLE product in.

GG. Maybe in another 5 years or so we'll finally get a good Star Trek MMO.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yea, because every other MMO ever created has been 100% super perfect awesome at launch. Get over it *******.
    edited February 2010
    If you're gonna QQ and troll for the remainder of your month, can I have your account instead? I'd make better use of it :)
    edited February 2010
    Most original thread ever.
    By most original I mean the other 50 exactly like it have nothing in common.
    :p
    edited February 2010
    Awesome. Thanks for that.

It's not even been a week out of launch.
    edited February 2010
    you should go make some friends and quit crying on forums. if you don't like it don't play, if you do like it then play. Just stop QQing everywhere it's making a mess. :D
    edited February 2010
    Why won't you fanbois just quit the trolling? This guy albeit in a slightly angry way has a valid point. Who are you to think you have the right to dismiss what anyone says just because it doesn't fit with your own perceptions?
    edited February 2010
    You're leaving?:eek:

What are we going to without you?:(
    edited February 2010
    Brucebleo wrote:
    Why won't you fanbois just quit the trolling? This guy albeit in a slightly angry way has a valid point. Who are you to think you have the right to dismiss what anyone says just because it doesn't fit with your own perceptions?

The OP was a troll... Heck, the title was trolling.

Nothing going to happen in any thread like this other than rabid monkey poo-flinging.
    edited February 2010
    Brucebleo wrote:

It's just posting the same TRIBBLE, over and over. next he's going to ask where's Sulu.
    edited February 2010
    Brucebleo wrote:

Look at the title. This isn't a thread inviting constructive responses. And really nor is yours if you have to use the term 'fanboy'.
    edited February 2010
    Guess what - noone cares, it is sooooooo much fun.
    edited February 2010
    Puhleeze! No game at launch is 100% ready or 100% bug free. Wow, was buggy, had HUGE class balance issues, Classes has major bugs in them. No End Game content. No high mid level content (ie lvl 40 content was missing), Servers were overloaded and crashed a lot. Boats would despawn and dump you in the water where you would die (too far our to swim back to safe water). I could go on and on.

With WoW there was a good core of a fun game. People enjoyed the game despite the Major flaws.

I think that STO has a large enough audience, and if Cryptic can keep a large percentage of that population for the few months it takes to fix the bugs. Then we will have a good game to play. If people leave and the OB people don't turn into subscribers then, the game will flounder. I think that Atari is really serious about helping this game reach a wide audience. They are flogging the hell out of it in every venue that Trek fans could possibly be paying attention.
    edited February 2010
    It's just posting the same TRIBBLE, over and over. next he's going to ask where's Sulu.

Where's Mankirk's wife?

(Someone was going to say it. May as well get it out the way.:p)
    edited February 2010

Agree 100%, lol.
    Love the trolls, your hate fuels my soul.
    Keep it up.
    edited February 2010
    So Beta is Over Fanboys, Guess What?

It's amazing, that's what :P Have not had many issues, and my friends on have had a great time too. Thanks for asking ;)
    edited February 2010
    Titarian wrote: »
    The game is exactly the same as the open beta. Sure they fixed a few bugs since then, but all of the major issues the game had in open beta are still there.

To me this is a huge indicator about Cryptic Studios. It's like going to a retaurant and paying for you meal and they give you a pile of unrecognizable something or other and tell you it's food "sorry about they way it looks and tastes, but it does have the vitamins and nutrients it's supposed to have..."

TRIBBLE companies release TRIBBLE games. Bad management allows TRIBBLE games to get out the door. An unwillingness to pony up and pay for a decent game engine or hire the resources to get the game engine fixed.

STO is a "decent" game. I paid for it, and I'll play it for a month because it's decent and I like Star Trek. You guys could have made a great game. Instead you pushed out another MMO desperate to get a piece of the MMO pie. You left your MMO full of holes ranging from performance to gameplay to an incredible lack of story. A severely disjointed ground experience with a pretty interesting but limiting space experience.

So to summarize, the Cryptic Game engine blows, it looks like you guys have decent artists or just took the assets from the Star Trek property, Management blows because they accepted a contract to make a game in a time frame they could only deliver a TRIBBLE product in.

GG. Maybe in another 5 years or so we'll finally get a good Star Trek MMO.

CSB indeed
    edited February 2010

Apparently youre a fanboy if youre not in every thread whining about everything. including the colour of the sun.
    edited February 2010
    To the OP...Dont let the door hit you where the good lord split ya on the way out.
    edited February 2010
    I love constructive topics. DEVS please read this topic and give OP a cookie!!
This discussion has been closed.